iRig Stomp I/O Mac Compatability

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Stomp I/O Mac Compatability

Postby gregory.glass » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:36 am

Hi there,

Received my iRig Stomp I/O today and was planning to primarily use this in the studio with the desktop version of Amplitube 4 Deluxe (4.5). I was under the impression it would be plug and play, with the "live" UI available and the ability to control stomp boxes with the Stomp I/O (similar to NI's Guitar Rig old controller). I can get audio in by assigning the iRig as the interface....but there are no controls besides that, and the Stomp I/O is basically functionless.

Is this not a functionality?? If not seems like a large oversight as it makes it far less useful in a recording environment.
gregory.glass

Re: iRig Stomp I/O Mac Compatability

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:50 pm

Live Mode is available on AmpliTube for iOS devices and on Mac/PC you must update to the latest version of AmpliTube (available in your IK User Area under "My Products") for the tight integration it has with iRig Stomp I/O.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby gregory.glass » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:58 pm

Thanks Peter. I have downloaded the latest update (4.5) and not seeing any control - will try restarting.

Also can you confirm that iRig Stomp can't be used when Amplitube is a plugin? That also would be a large use case for many of us who use Amplitube within our DAW's.
gregory.glass

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:54 am

gregory.glass wrote:Thanks Peter. I have downloaded the latest update (4.5) and not seeing any control - will try restarting.

Also can you confirm that iRig Stomp can't be used when Amplitube is a plugin? That also would be a large use case for many of us who use Amplitube within our DAW's.

iRig Stomp I/O should be usable when you use AmpliTube as a plug-in. I’d suggest that if you don’t find enough information about setup in the manuals for each that you might want to reach out to IK Support for some one-on-one help.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Not_Here11 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:45 am

Mine HAS STOPPED WORKING after trying to use MacBook pro as the software controller.
Had it hooked up via usb - I had levels on the I/O indicating input from guitar. levels indicated input in software (yes it's updated). No levels to the output in the software or the I/O itself.
was hoping to use the L/R outputs from I/O to sent to board/interface. Nothing.

Does the I/O not send a audio signal back through the usb connection? All my other devices/interfaces do.

After a restart of the Mac funtionality of the I/O has stopped completely. No indicators of input level, either with usb power or with Power supply.

It seemed as if little by little the I/O just died.

Whats even more aggravating, I was using it earlier this week with the Win10pro laptop and worked perfectly. I just need the I/O to be run from a seperate Laptop for Recording purposes and Live sessions.

to say I'm a bit p/o'd is an understatement, :evil: but I opened a ticket? Only solution is to make this work. whatever that takes. Too much money spent to have it fail after a week.
Has anybody else had probls like this with mac and I/O ?
Not_Here11

Postby gregory.glass » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:45 am

Yeah Pretty buggy. Can’t get it to work consistently with Mac regardless of what I do. Works flawlessly with IPad but that’s not useful for me.
gregory.glass

Postby brian.sutherland » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:38 pm

Received mine a few days ago. I trying to use it on both Windows 10 and on my Mac
Book and I am having many problems as well. I was told by a sales rep (Ryan) that the problems I had described to him were occurring in both operating systems but not in IOS and a newer version of amplitube is being worked on, however he did not provide me with a release date. I have since disconnected the device. The warranty is only 3 months and the device is now on the clock. Frustrating!
brian.sutherland

Postby Timo2019 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:42 pm

I have not tried it with windows 10, I'm using windows 7 with the ASIOALL drivers. I have not had a problem. I will be installing to a Surface Pro today and I will update the results. I also am using an IPad with no issues.
Timo2019

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:42 pm

Timo2017 wrote:I have not tried it with windows 10, I'm using windows 7 with the ASIOALL drivers. I have not had a problem. I will be installing to a Surface Pro today and I will update the results. I also am using an iPad with no issues.

Timo2017 - Glad to hear you are up and running!

'Not_Here11' - From what I can see, you do have a support ticket open and a new reply from the team. Please work with our support team on resolving these issues, as these comments do not sound like normal behavior.

'Gregory.glass' - I don't see an open support ticket for you, but while I do urge you to open a ticket and have support get you working here. The information below should help.

When using the iRig Stomp I/O on Mac/PC with AmpliTube in a stand-alone instance. The following selections in your Audio/MIDI Set Up -> MIDI Input tab should be used. This enters your iRig Stomp I/O unit's 'AmpliTube' mode. The other option with your iRig Stomp I/O is for general MIDI use.

MAC: "iRig Stomp IO Control"
WINDOWS: "MIDIIN2 (iRig Stomp IO)"

'Brian.sutherland' - Make sure to chime into your support ticket with your issues. Our team will be more than happy to help you get started here.

Just to make sure everyone in this thread has this information. The iRig Stomp I/O user manual can be downloaded here. Be sure to read through this if you have any troubles getting started.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:01 pm

If you guys have yet to do so, check out the in-depth video going over the different controls of iRig Stomp I/O.

Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Not_Here11 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:24 am

Nice little video there... Not as in depth as I personally would like but it'll help a few persons I'm sure....

So I discovered ( well, told via Paul in my support ticket) the KEY to getting this to work just right every time with the MacBook pro. I'm posting in case somebody else finds this useful info that the Manual doesn't mention.

Start MacBook
Plug in usb end 1st, then into back of Stomp.
Then Start Amplitube.

That is all I had to do.. ALL settings were already configured as in Ryan_IK message above.

In the past I had a ProTools rig running using this Mac. This might have caused issues that in turn had me trying to get the sound output to work. One of my config attempts I tried to use the old PT choice that is still in the sound preferences/settings. I think that's what sank the ship and caused all my issues for the rest of the night. Doh!

I Also updated the MacOS to High Sierra 10.13.4 to make sure that all needed audio information would be freshened and present on the Mac.

Everything else worked well from that point on.
***Total lag time from guitar > Stomp I/O >
Mac > Amplitube (two pedal configs,two amps, two inserts,two cabs different rooms with duo mics each, two racks, L/R output) > back to stomp > L/R outs > Focusrite > Reaper Stereo Input > Input FX (SSL E Channel, Softube Tape) > Monitor In > Focusrite Monitor L/R out & Headphone Out
-->Less than 1.6ms round trip, so that's a .8ms one way trip fingers to moving air with the Monitors - while monitoring a seperate 18(?) tracks of other inputs running simultaneously to headphone/mon mix.
Just sayin...
Rest assured I WILL continue to do everything in my power to push the limits, and hope to find none. :mrgreen: :ugeek:
Last edited by Not_Here11 on Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not_Here11

Postby Timo2019 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:43 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D
Timo2019

Postby Not_Here11 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:40 am

Timo2017 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

He gets it! :lol: :mrgreen:

:geek: :arrow: oh yeah also a splitter to DI before Stomp I/O input on the guitar. then I have a clean track as a spare in case I want to re-AMP something and not have to play it again... Saves a whole lot of headaches at mix time too in case you need a double, triple, etc.... :geek:
Not_Here11

Postby Spanishfly69 » Wed May 02, 2018 1:45 am

Whats going on everyone! I Received the rig stomp i/o a couple days ago, and had been spending sometime with it. It seems to work fine with the the iOS on my iPad mini 2, except for some clicks and pops so i adjusted the latency to low and turned off the oversampling. i hear the difference which i don't care for as much, So I'm trying to work it with my Amplitube 4 on my iMac. It works fine if i run my guitar into my saffire pro 14, running the usb from my iMac to the board as a foot controller setting the midi to the rig stomp. But when i try using the board going from my guitar directly into the rig stomp and then out to the mixer with usb to iMac then out the stereo outs to the mixer, i get a lot of noise, its not working the way i thought it should? just wondered if I'm doing something wrong or if there is a problem?
Spanishfly69

Postby Not_Here11 » Wed May 02, 2018 3:59 am

My Question is what kind of noise?
If you monitor with your headphones out the back of the Stomp is the noise also in the headphones? - That would tell me you might need to use a noise gate (either the one in the Amplitube 4 or between stomp and your board) or take a look at which item in your FX chain is adding the noise. Is it the Pick Ups in your guitar adding noise?

Are any of your signal cables near any power cords?

If the noise starts at your Board then the signal to noise ratio is out of whack. Have you set gain staging on your board? that is when set at unity to go into your recording software are you getting a -18 to -14dbfs level on your recording meters with your guitar being played?
Make sure your input on your board is set to instrument and not line level? maybe that will pad the input a little and not make it so hot?

I'm sorry if I'm asking the Basic questions but hey gotta start somewhere. If you're running a saffire then I bet you're thinking the same thing?

Basically it means start at your guitar and go one step at a time until you find the noise, it's the tried and true method for finding a problem in a signal path and correcting it.

And whatever you do, don't do what I did and hook all this up in the middle of the night and try to use a protools mac for the sound configuration. HAHAHAAAA! :oops: :roll:

I have my rig up and running and I too had a little background noise but handled with the noisegate at about -40db. Killer tones working now.
I'm replying too, cuz I might just learn something in following along.
Peace!
Not_Here11

Next

Return to Interfaces & Controllers