iRig Stomp I/O Users Topic - Experiences and Questions

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Re: iRig Stomp I/O Users Topic - Experiences and Questions

Postby Peter_IK » Thu May 10, 2018 3:24 am

klgraham1013 wrote:My lease is up in June. Hopefully I get my 02-08 order by then.

Yes, orders have been shipping.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby smcvey » Fri May 11, 2018 4:23 am

Hi All,

A question: I'm using the Stomp I/O with an iPad. I'd like to use the pedal for volume without affecting tone. I can assign the pedal to the master volume knob of the amp, but that usually impacts the tone. I don't see an available volume pedal in the stompbox list. What's the right way to accomplish this?

In the past, I had used a VP Jr. pedal in the FX loop of the amp, which did not affect the preamp tone.
smcvey

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri May 11, 2018 5:07 pm

smcvey wrote:Hi All,

A question: I'm using the Stomp I/O with an iPad. I'd like to use the pedal for volume without affecting tone. I can assign the pedal to the master volume knob of the amp, but that usually impacts the tone. I don't see an available volume pedal in the stompbox list. What's the right way to accomplish this?

In the past, I had used a VP Jr. pedal in the FX loop of the amp, which did not affect the preamp tone.

At this time, there is no dedicated Volume pedal in AmpliTube iOS. We do however appreciate your interest here and I will be sure to pass this to the correct persons.

For now you have a couple options for Volume control. The Amplifier volume as you mentioned, but this may affect tone. The POST FX section can load in different Stomp FX. These also include volume control, like the Parametric EQ. These can be used here as another option.

Hope this helps!
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby smcvey » Fri May 11, 2018 6:38 pm

Thanks, Ryan. Where in the signal chain do "Post FX" stomp boxes fit? Would that be the equivalent of an amp FX loop? Before the power amp but after FX and pre-amp?
smcvey

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri May 11, 2018 6:55 pm

smcvey wrote:Thanks, Ryan. Where in the signal chain do "Post FX" stomp boxes fit? Would that be the equivalent of an amp FX loop? Before the power amp but after FX and pre-amp?

Exactly, Post FX will be placed after the amplifier and after the normal FX in the chain. Similar to an FX Loop on a physical amplifier.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby smcvey » Fri May 11, 2018 8:50 pm

Thanks again, Ryan. So any stomp with a volume control will work in the Post FX position and I can assign the pedal to the volume knob.
smcvey

Postby annamalay » Wed May 16, 2018 3:27 pm

Works great on my IOS devices...but...

It doesn’t charge my IPad Pro 10.5 and 12.9. Not sure if it’s an IOS 11.x issue. My IPhone 6 Plus doesn’t charge either. It’s also on 11.x

The IPhone 5 charges fine it’s on 10.x

Hopefully this is resolved considering 10.x on IOS is no longer supported.
annamalay

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed May 16, 2018 3:52 pm

annamalay wrote:Works great on my IOS devices...but...

It doesn’t charge my iPad Pro 10.5 and 12.9. Not sure if it’s an IOS 11.x issue. My iPhone 6 Plus doesn’t charge either. It’s also on 11.x

The iPhone 5 charges fine it’s on 10.x

Hopefully this is resolved considering 10.x on IOS is no longer supported.

That does not sound normal. I would strongly suggest contact Tech Support using the link below. They should be able to figure out whats going on and find you a solution.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby dakfat » Wed May 16, 2018 4:53 pm

I couldn’t get the irig stomp io to work with Windows 10 and support told me to download Asio4all. I’m disapointed to learn IK did not release their own driver for the Stomp IO. Provably would not have ordered this had I known.
dakfat

Postby Timo2019 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:57 pm

Stomp works beautiful with Win 10 and the asio4all drivers. It is a one time "inconvenience", if you can even call it that.
Timo2019

Postby funinstars » Wed May 16, 2018 5:01 pm

Ik has never had drivers. A lot of companies don't. Blame MS. Apple has Core Audio. Windows has nothing. Anyways, ASIO4ALL works very well inspite of MS.

Get a Mac (I know not helpful, just saying)
funinstars

Postby dakfat » Wed May 16, 2018 5:02 pm

The download is not the inconvenience, dedicated drivers are just better than generic ones. For example, I get much better performance out of my Saffire 18i8 using the focusrite drivers over Asio4all in terms of both latency and stability. I see Asio4all as a plan b for still getting some use out of legacy hardware.
dakfat

Postby dakfat » Wed May 16, 2018 5:03 pm

funinstars wrote:Ik has never had drivers. A lot of companies don't. Blame MS. Apple has Core Audio. Windows has nothing. Anyways, ASIO4ALL works very well inspite of MS.

My stealthpedal has it’s own drivers actually. They haven’t been updated in years but they exist
dakfat

Postby dakfat » Wed May 16, 2018 5:03 pm

funinstars wrote:Ik has never had drivers. A lot of companies don't. Blame MS. Apple has Core Audio. Windows has nothing. Anyways, ASIO4ALL works very well inspite of MS.

My stealthpedal has it’s own drivers actually. They haven’t been updated in years but they exist
dakfat

Postby Timo2019 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:09 pm

triggerthehorizon wrote:The download is not the inconvenience, dedicated drivers are just better than generic ones. For example, I get much better performance out of my Saffire 18i8 using the focusrite drivers over Asio4all in terms of both latency and stability. I see Asio4all as a plan b for still getting some use out of legacy hardware.

I have absolutely no latency issues whatsoever.
Timo2019

PreviousNext

Return to Interfaces & Controllers