iRig Stomp I/O Users Topic - Experiences and Questions

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Re: iRig Stomp I/O Users Topic - Experiences and Questions

Postby smcvey » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:46 pm

To be more precise, I am using Amplitube for iPad. Can I get more than four effects in the chain before the amplifier? The Wah in position five leaves an opening, but I don't see any way to fill it. Can I have four effects and a Wah? Or is it just three and a Wah?
smcvey

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:07 am

smcvey wrote:To be more precise, I am using Amplitube for iPad. Can I get more than four effects in the chain before the amplifier? The Wah in position five leaves an opening, but I don't see any way to fill it. Can I have four effects and a Wah? Or is it just three and a Wah?

My apologies, unfortunately, you cannot add Stomp FX slots in AmpliTube iOS. Before the amplifier there will be 4 slots, and Post FX should have 2 slots. In Live mode, both Post FX and your Amplifier bypass control can be set to your iRig Stomp I/O controls. Allowing you to have up to 5 controls at one time.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Timo2019 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:10 am

Would it be a work-around to go to a surface tablet with amp 4 deluxe?
Timo2019

Postby redroc.k » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:08 am

For those of you who have received the Stomp I/O, how long is the lightning cable? Long enough to put the iPad up on a table, or a music stand, or maybe attached to a mic stand? Or, does the iPad have to sit down in the little shelf on the Stomp I/O?
redroc.k

Postby Timo2019 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:36 am

Lightning to Mini-DIN connection cable (60cm/23.62")
Timo2019

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:01 pm

Timo2017 wrote:Would it be a work-around to go to a surface tablet with amp 4 deluxe?

While I would not call this a direct 'workaround'. AmpliTube 4 Deluxe is included with the iRig Stomp I/O, and this version for Mac/PC will allow more FX to be used here. Feel free to give this a shot.

*Mac/PC downloads are listed in your the User Area -> My Products section (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/) of your IK Multimedia account.

redroc.k wrote:For those of you who have received the Stomp I/O, how long is the lightning cable? Long enough to put the iPad up on a table, or a music stand, or maybe attached to a mic stand? Or, does the iPad have to sit down in the little shelf on the Stomp I/O?

The iOS device would not 'need' to be sitting here. This can be placed anywhere of your choosing. If you need an extension for your iRig Stomp I/O to reach a music stand, or a mic stand with an iKlip Xpand for example. Check out the IK Multimedia web store. We recently released a 200 cm (~6.5ft) extension cable which goes from Mini-Din to Mini-Din (Male to female) which would work perfectly here.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/shop/

*Check under 'Spare Parts & Accessories' or use the search tool to search for 'Mini-DIN' cables.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Timo2019 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:08 pm

Thanks Ryan...
Timo2019

Postby smcvey » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:11 am

Spending more time with the iRig Stomp I/O and really like it so far. Live mode is especially useful for me. Now I just need to know how I can tell if I have the full version of Amplitube for iOS (iPad) or if i am using the Free version. I had downloaded the free version before receiving the Stomp I/O, registered the Stomp I/O online, then re-registered it in the app. The icon has a red line along the bottom. I'm concerned because I don't have a looper and have limited FX and amps available. Is there a description of what should be included in whatever you are calling the version I should have that came along with the Stomp I/O? Only the free version shows in "My Products" in the user area. How do I ensure that I have the right version?
smcvey

Postby Timo2019 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:16 am

Included gear models:

Stomp box - 17 models

Overdrive
Delay
Chorus
Wah
Flanger
Octave
Envelope Filter
Phazer
Fuzz
Noise Filter
Swell
Electric Flanger
Crusher
Dcomp
FeedBack
Phazer 10
Distortion*
Amp - 8 model

Clean
Lead
Crunch
Metal
Bass
British Copper 30 TB
Vintage Metal Lead
360Bass
Cab - 10 model

1x12"
2x15"
2x12"
4x12"A
4x12"B
4x12"T1
8x10"E
2x12"GBV
4x12"MM1
1x15"HB
Mic - 2 models

Dynamic 57
Condenser 87
Loop Drummer

One groove (8 loops) from the Rock Pack
Timo2019

Postby smcvey » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:29 am

Thanks, Tim "O"

I can confirm I have 17 effects, 8 amps, 10 cabs, and 2 mics. Did my registering the Stomp I/O in the free app cause it to upgrade? Is there a way to download the full app again without paying for it again? Why would My Products only show the free version? It's a little strange how imprecise version control is...

Another question... Is the best way to turn the onboard pedal into a volume pedal just to assign it to the amp volume knob? I don't see a volume pedal as an option on the effects list.
smcvey

Postby Timo2019 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:32 am

I not by my gear right now, but I think that may be an in app purchase. I think if you are re-installing on the Ipad, you would just put your reg # into the app again... and it is Timo...
Timo2019

Postby Timo2019 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:14 pm

Here is one of the videos I shot on Day 3 of the 2018 NAMM at the IK Multimedia IRig demonstration... more to follow
https://youtu.be/itvum-9G3AA
Last edited by Timo2019 on Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Timo2019

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:48 am

You unlock gear in the free version, there is not way to provide a full version tied to registering hardware (since apps are sold in Apple’s ecosystem where we cannot control things like that).

What you get and how to unlock it in the free apps is detailed on the Apps sub page of the iRig Stomp I/O web page. http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ir ... tompio-app
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:48 am

Timo2017 wrote:Here is the Video I shot on Day 3 of the 2018 NAMM IK Multimedia IRig demo...
https://youtu.be/itvum-9G3AA

Nice!
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Timo2019 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:45 am

Timo2019

PreviousNext

Return to Interfaces & Controllers