iRig Stomp I/O Users Topic - Experiences and Questions

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Re: iRig Stomp I/O Users Topic - Experiences and Questions

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:21 am

kouc52 wrote:Hello,
I use amplitube 4 on my PC (Intel i7, SSD drive) and have been unable to use my Irig stomp I/O... First windows saw it as a unknown device. Loaded asio4all and it wouldn't respond...zero sound or lights. Support told me to unplug the USB then hold the 1 switch and plug it back and release. This worked for about 5 minutes then the sound just dropped and I had to repeat the whole process. now it just basically will not work. Are there any other PC users with this issue? Anyone find a solution? I hate apple products and an not gonna pay for an iPad and another version of amplitube Max for the iPad just to use the stomp I/O... Which worked absolutely fine with my focusrite Scarlet 2i2s. Kinda kicking myself for selling it on eBay when the stomp arrived after waiting 6 month for it.

Regretfully disappointed so far.

If you reply to support about the suggestion not working they will assist you further.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby kouc52 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:26 pm

I have been working with them for over a month, still having the same issues. I was wondering if other PC users had similar or the same issue. I am told an update is do out in a few weeks... hopefully with their own stand alone windows drivers. I have never had luck with asio4 all. Focusrite has their own drivers and it works flawlessly.

thank you for the reply though.
kouc52

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:28 pm

kouc52 wrote:I have been working with them for over a month, still having the same issues. I was wondering if other PC users had similar or the same issue. I am told an update is do out in a few weeks... hopefully with their own stand alone windows drivers. I have never had luck with asio4 all. Focusrite has their own drivers and it works flawlessly.

thank you for the reply though.

Sometimes some issues take a little while to resolve. ASIO4ALL does seem to work well for a few here I see running Windows so I'm sure it can work very well for you. They and any users here with good experiences on Windows PCs will surely help. Thanks
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby That0ne6uy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:45 pm

Can I use a different cord with the irig stomp i/o to connect to a PC? Specifically, a USB Type B to USB-C cord?
That0ne6uy

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:59 pm

That0ne6uy wrote:Can I use a different cord with the irig stomp i/o to connect to a PC? Specifically, a USB Type B to USB-C cord?

While we have not yet tested this directly. This should work okay. Just make sure the cable you intend to use sends both DATA & power transfer.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby That0ne6uy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:18 pm

Will the iRing Stomp I/O soon support Android?
That0ne6uy

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:43 pm

That0ne6uy wrote:Will the iRing Stomp I/O soon support Android?

At this time we do not have any information on this topic.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby ralphmoe09 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:24 pm

Where is the best place to go to learn how to use the Stomp I/O with other apps?
Amplitube seems pretty straightforward and easy to use.

Specificlly, I would like to control Sampletank with my Guitar.
Also need to learn how to use it with the PG Bias app, which I bought.
I bought this used off ebay, and the other person already registered it, so I assume
That there is no way to get Amplitube for Ipad other than buy it outright? I own Amplitube for Jimi Hendricks and Sampletank. And a Bluboard that I would also like to use, but I am a midiot... doh’!
I am sure with this new product that there are going to be a lot of people like me,
guitar players that Have no expeience with midi apps on the ipad.
ralphmoe09

Postby redroc.k » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:06 pm

Hi ralphmoe09, I just started a new topic on MIDI and "other" amp modeling software where we can all start to work through these questions -

https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16842
redroc.k

Postby mgartner » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:39 am

AmpliTube for iPad is included with the stomp IO. It’s $19.99 in the App Store. How do you download it without having to pay Apple?
mgartner

Postby smcvey » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:55 am

Hi mgartner!

Welcome to the Stomp I/O fun! This tripped me up a bit, too. First, download the FREE Amplitube CS app from the App Store. Then, go into the app, hit the menu icon (lower right hand corner) and register the app using the serial number from your Stomp I/O. Magically, you will have the full version of Amplitube. Unfortunately, IK does not have an "About' or similar feature to tell you what you own. I simply noticed that additional amps, stomp boxes and features were turned on. Give it a shot and let us know!

Steve M.
smcvey

Postby mgartner » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:48 am

Thanks. That worked.

BTW, it wasn’t clear in the manual how to get ASIO4ALL working so I’ll post the instructions from support here in case it helps others.

Watch this video link below to see the basic setup.

https://cloud.ikmultimedia.com/s/rIoK81jeQAsnPJA

1. Download ASIO4ALL v2 here: http://www.asio4all.com/

2. Install ASIO4ALL.exe

3. Launch your host recording software or AmpliTube

4. In your audio settings, select the ASIO4ALL v.2 driver

5. View the ASIO4ALL Panel.

6. You are now viewing the ASIO4ALL Panel, click the 'wrench' icon in lower right corner, a red 'X" will appear over it. This is necessary for you to select multiple interfaces for use. You will see various devices listed under the WDM Device List on the left.

Click the enable/power button on both the iRig HD and your other interface that you will be listening to the output from.

7. Once the above is set, view your audio settings window once again. Under Input/Output channels, you can now view and select iRig Stomp as your input/output.

Note: Do NOT enable the 'Hardware Buffer' under Options in the ASIO4ALL panel, as this causes poor performance.
mgartner

Postby kouc52 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:03 pm

Unfortunaltey for me this has to be each time i plug the Stomp I/O in and hav had nothing but problems. When i do get it working (sound only none of the stomps work) it will drop out after like five minutes and I have to repeat the process. Anyone else having this issue? I am using a brand new Intel I7 laptop with tons of memory and SSD drive. I am wondering if i just got a bad unit somehow?
kouc52

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:32 pm

kouc52 wrote:Unfortunaltey for me this has to be each time i plug the Stomp I/O in and hav had nothing but problems. When i do get it working (sound only none of the stomps work) it will drop out after like five minutes and I have to repeat the process. Anyone else having this issue? I am using a brand new Intel I7 laptop with tons of memory and SSD drive. I am wondering if i just got a bad unit somehow?

This is something that IK Support can help troubleshoot directly at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mgartner » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:25 pm

Anyone get the wah to work in AmpliTube on the iPad? It works on the PC but I can’t get it working on the iPad.
mgartner

PreviousNext

Return to Interfaces & Controllers