iRig Stomp I/O Users Topic - Experiences and Questions

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Re: iRig Stomp I/O Users Topic - Experiences and Questions

Postby MrDavid12 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:33 am

Were all the pedals supposed to be unlocked in AmpliTube when you register? There's still a lot to choose from but a lot that require purchase as well. Just wondering. Thanks!
MrDavid12

Postby ralphmoe09 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:38 pm

I bought a irig Stomp I/O. It works great with all of the Positive Grid IOS stuff, and Amplitube of course.However, there is no sound when I try to use it with Sampletank, which was the reason I bought it in the first place. It works if I run the Midi Guitar2 app, but not very well. That may be because I need to dial it in better?

Should I be able to drive Sampletank with my guitar without running MG2?
I don’t know much about this stuff, so sorry if this is a dumb question.

Thanks!
Ralphmoe
ralphmoe09

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:49 pm

SampleTank is a virtual instrument vs AmpliTube and other amp sims that are effects. You run an audio signal through AmpliTube and other similar effects but SampleTank produces its own sound triggered by MIDI. You could likely map some of the controls in SampleTank to iRig Stomp I/O but that seems like it would be a bit limited a use for iRig Stomp I/O.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby giorgiofesta » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:43 am

Hi all,
I have been usint the Irig Stomp I/O for a couple of weeks and am enjoying it both with Amplitube and Biax FX.
I have a small issue with the expression pedal. it does not close completely to zero when it is in wheel position... for example when I use it setted as volume pedal it does not close it to zero but a small part of sound remains. the same when I try to use it with the whammy...
I have calibrated it several times but the result is Always the same. what can i do?
I have also tried to use an external expression pedal plugged into the ext 1 out. the device does not recognize it at all. how can i set up an external pedal?
Thanks for the support.
Regards
giorgiofesta

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:29 pm

giorgiofesta wrote:Hi all,
I have been usint the Irig Stomp I/O for a couple of weeks and am enjoying it both with Amplitube and Biax FX.
I have a small issue with the expression pedal. it does not close completely to zero when it is in wheel position... for example when I use it setted as volume pedal it does not close it to zero but a small part of sound remains. the same when I try to use it with the whammy...
I have calibrated it several times but the result is Always the same. what can i do?
I have also tried to use an external expression pedal plugged into the ext 1 out. the device does not recognize it at all. how can i set up an external pedal?
Thanks for the support.
Regards

Sorry to hear of your Expression Pedal troubles. While I do suggest contacting IK Multimedia support here due to this unique behavior. We can suggest calibrating this pedal on a solid surface with a light touch. This should help get your pedal to be a bit more sensitive. Check out the steps below.

1) Power on your iRig Stomp I/O unit holding 3rd pedal down (Make sure to do so when the expression pedal is at it's minimum value)
2) Once on, move expression pedal to max value carefully (Try not to use too much force here)
3) Tap any pedal to enter this calibration.

*After you will see two red or green flashes of the expression LED. Green means this calibration as good and worked properly, a red LED would mean to re-do this calibration.

As for your external Expression Pedal. I would double check with support on this topic. This pedal should really work once connected. Make sure to send the Make/Model of this pedal.

Note - If this pedal does not include a built-in cable. Make sure a TRS cable is being used. We have seen TS cables used with external expression pedals not work properly.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Dnickerson4 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:11 am

Anyone else having trouble unlocking the gear? I've purchased both the iRig HD2 and the iRig Stomp I/O. While in the app, I entered the product serial number and I get the following error message:

"Error - We were not able to process your request because an error occurred (-220) "

I've tried the serial numbers from both products and get that message on my iPad Pro in the Amplitube app. I tried both apps, the free one (CS) and and $15 one.

On my iPhone 8, I was able to successfully register the serial number. However, it didn't do anything. Nothing was unlocked. I tried exiting the app and opening again. Nothing.
Dnickerson4

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:30 am

Dnickerson4 wrote:Anyone else having trouble unlocking the gear? I've purchased both the iRig HD2 and the iRig Stomp I/O. While in the app, I entered the product serial number and I get the following error message:

"Error - We were not able to process your request because an error occurred (-220) "

I've tried the serial numbers from both products and get that message on my iPad Pro in the Amplitube app. I tried both apps, the free one (CS) and and $15 one.

On my iPhone 8, I was able to successfully register the serial number. However, it didn't do anything. Nothing was unlocked. I tried exiting the app and opening again. Nothing.

That is odd, I would recommend reporting this to IK Support who can troubleshoot with you directly and get things working correctly.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby GordenMack » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:08 pm

the length of the interface cable (less than 2 feet) ruins this for me. The primary purpose to run through an ipad is to lift the interface so I can use it in practice and live without having to always squat down to the board level.

Is there any way to get the cable to 3~4 feet so I can mount my ipad on my mics tand where I can use it easily?

Gorden
GordenMack

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:15 pm

GordenMack wrote:the length of the interface cable (less than 2 feet) ruins this for me. The primary purpose to run through an iPad is to lift the interface so I can use it in practice and live without having to always squat down to the board level.

Is there any way to get the cable to 3~4 feet so I can mount my iPad on my mics tand where I can use it easily?

Gorden

There is a longer cable available per the iRig Stomp I/O product page which can be ordered here: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/shop/index. ... sion_cable (link also on the product page). It is 200cm / 78.7" in length.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby playsjazz » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:50 pm

I have been using the iRig Stomp I/O for about 3 months now. I have encountered 2 issues already. 1. It got stuck in Stand Alone mode all by itself and it took me a couple times to get it out. 2. Now is my big issue...It worked fine yesterday. I just tried to play through it and I have no sound, and the power keeps going on and off for no reason. I've tried getting in and out of stand alone mode and it still won't work. I'm hoping my unit isn't defective, because I have been gigging live with it and it was working great. I have 3 gigs this weekend and need it.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
playsjazz

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:52 pm

playsjazz wrote:I have been using the iRig Stomp I/O for about 3 months now. I have encountered 2 issues already. 1. It got stuck in Stand Alone mode all by itself and it took me a couple times to get it out. 2. Now is my big issue...It worked fine yesterday. I just tried to play through it and I have no sound, and the power keeps going on and off for no reason. I've tried getting in and out of stand alone mode and it still won't work. I'm hoping my unit isn't defective, because I have been gigging live with it and it was working great. I have 3 gigs this weekend and need it.

Have you reported this issue to IK Support? That would get the most expedient fix for any issues you are experiencing.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby playsjazz » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:01 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
playsjazz wrote:I have been using the iRig Stomp I/O for about 3 months now. I have encountered 2 issues already. 1. It got stuck in Stand Alone mode all by itself and it took me a couple times to get it out. 2. Now is my big issue...It worked fine yesterday. I just tried to play through it and I have no sound, and the power keeps going on and off for no reason. I've tried getting in and out of stand alone mode and it still won't work. I'm hoping my unit isn't defective, because I have been gigging live with it and it was working great. I have 3 gigs this weekend and need it.

Have you reported this issue to IK Support? That would get the most expedient fix for any issues you are experiencing.

I just submitted a ticket to support. I have submitted tickets before with no response. Hopefully I get one this time. Thanks Peter.
playsjazz

Postby playsjazz » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:06 pm

Well, I got it to work. Rebooted my phone and software. So the issue is there and not with the pedal. That's good to know. Thanks again Peter.
playsjazz

Postby Mhoff10 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:31 am

Hi, i’m new to this whole thing and assume this won’t work but do you know if it’s possible to use a male to female lightning cable to extend the included iOS cable so I don’t have to leave my iPad near the floor. Thanks
Mhoff10

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:32 am

Mhoff10 wrote:Hi, i’m new to this whole thing and assume this won’t work but do you know if it’s possible to use a male to female lightning cable to extend the included iOS cable so I don’t have to leave my iPad near the floor. Thanks

Hi, we have an extension cable available for just this reason, at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/spareparts/
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to Interfaces & Controllers