iRig Stomp I/O Users Topic - Experiences and Questions

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Re: iRig Stomp I/O Users Topic - Experiences and Questions

Postby jeepbuff » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:54 pm

Yea, and since everything I have read about asio4all, it's just a wrapper for the wdm drivers anyway, to fool it into thinking it's a windows driver. I guess if the devices show up without having to fool it, you're better off that way.
jeepbuff

Postby mgartner » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:18 pm

Whenever I turn on my Surface Pro 3 and start up Amplitube, there's about a 30% chance it will actually work right off the bat. The majority of the time, ASIO4All will be selected, with iRig as input and output but there's no sound, or a giant buzz or high pitched squeal. I reboot, restart, uninstall, reinstall, disable, enable etc.. Somehow it eventually comes back...until it doesn't. Yet, every time Amplitube is dead, I try TH3 Overloud and right off the bat, it works with no problems at all. It's also using ASIO4All, yet has never dropped out once. I would prefer to use Amplitube, but it just seems impossible with the lack of stability.
mgartner

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:35 pm

mgartner wrote:Whenever I turn on my Surface Pro 3 and start up Amplitube, there's about a 30% chance it will actually work right off the bat. The majority of the time, ASIO4All will be selected, with iRig as input and output but there's no sound, or a giant buzz or high pitched squeal. I reboot, restart, uninstall, reinstall, disable, enable etc.. Somehow it eventually comes back...until it doesn't. Yet, every time Amplitube is dead, I try TH3 Overloud and right off the bat, it works with no problems at all. It's also using ASIO4All, yet has never dropped out once. I would prefer to use Amplitube, but it just seems impossible with the lack of stability.

Have you reported this to IK Support? They will test and submit anything that requires a global fix to the development team.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jeepbuff » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:31 pm

mgartner wrote:Whenever I turn on my Surface Pro 3 and start up Amplitube, there's about a 30% chance it will actually work right off the bat. The majority of the time, ASIO4All will be selected, with iRig as input and output but there's no sound, or a giant buzz or high pitched squeal. I reboot, restart, uninstall, reinstall, disable, enable etc.. Somehow it eventually comes back...until it doesn't. Yet, every time Amplitube is dead, I try TH3 Overloud and right off the bat, it works with no problems at all. It's also using ASIO4All, yet has never dropped out once. I would prefer to use Amplitube, but it just seems impossible with the lack of stability.

I assume you tried changing buffer sizes? How about going to file new project or project settings and selecting a different sample rate? I think I figured out my problem with noise and that was I have to use the output on the stomp IO if I am going to use the input on the stomp IO. If I use the input on the stomp IO and the output on my AudioBox, it causes a lot of noise every couple minutes. It sucks because that's how I wanted to use it but oh well.
jeepbuff

Postby jeepbuff » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:44 pm

I forgot to mention, as for the no sound problem, I had that happen a few times until I figured it out. For some reason when the stomp IO is selected as the input for input 1 and input 2, even though it only has one input when I open AmpliTube it automatically goes to the Looper which even though you can't see it in amplitube I'm guessing it's set at input 1 and then when I switch over to the recording mode I have to select input 2 or else I won't have any sound.
jeepbuff

Postby smcvey » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:57 am

One of the reasons I bought into Stomp I/O and Amplitube is I thought I could find presets and just import them onto the iPad. My objective is simply using the rig for practice and live performance. Is there a way to do that? I understand some of the presets might require additional amps and stomps and I am happy to invest if it could be that easy.

If this is not possible, is there a way to find configurations others have used and manually set them up in Amplitube? Example:

Santana Lead:
- Amp Mesa Boogie Mark I
- Gain - 9.2
- Bass - 5.1
- Mid - 8.0
- Treble - 6.5
etc.

- Stomp 1 - Keeley Compressor
etc.
smcvey

Postby bking2112 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:12 pm

Just when I got used to using the Virtual Switch to turn my wah on and off, this morning I used the wah and suddenly it goes off at heel full down and turns on when used, with no virtual switch needed! I actually prefer this setup, but I'm wondering why this happened and if there is a setting to switch between these setups. I used a preset that I had used previously in a Virtual Switch way, so I don't understand what changed. Did the latest Amplitube ipad update add a heel-down function and make it the default?
bking2112

Postby tim6691 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:00 pm

smcvey wrote:One of the reasons I bought into Stomp I/O and Amplitube is I thought I could find presets and just import them onto the iPad. My objective is simply using the rig for practice and live performance. Is there a way to do that? I understand some of the presets might require additional amps and stomps and I am happy to invest if it could be that easy.

If this is not possible, is there a way to find configurations others have used and manually set them up in Amplitube? Example:

Santana Lead:
- Amp Mesa Boogie Mark I
- Gain - 9.2
- Bass - 5.1
- Mid - 8.0
- Treble - 6.5
etc.

- Stomp 1 - Keeley Compressor
etc.

I thought there’d be something like this as well. I can do this with my Line6 and it’s a great aid. If IKM doesn’t want to support this should we start a new thread and start posting settings?

Tim
tim6691

Postby tim6691 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:11 pm

I’ve had the Stomp I/O for a few days now. If I use it with my iPad it works/sounds great for a few minutes then loses the connection to the iPad. I have to unplug it from the iPad and plug it back in to get it working for a few minutes again. Sleep mode is disabled. It loses connection to my iPhone as well but it gets really noisy first so I usually stop using it before it disconnects.

There are no problems when using it with my MacBook Pro. Works great and sounds great. But I really only want to use it with my iPad.

Has anyone else had a similar issue? Both devices are running iOS 11.4. I created a trouble ticket but haven’t heard anything from IK Multimedia. I’m hoping it’s just a bad cable.

Thanks

Tim
tim6691

Postby redroc.k » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:49 pm

Hi Tim, I was having a problem with my I/O Stomp and iPad where it would occasionally stop making sounds - the two meters on the I/O Stomp would drop to zero. And, then, button presses on the I/O Stomp would stop being received by the iPad software. The behavior would happen both when using Amplitube and Bias FX.

The fix would be to sometimes reset the power cable, sometimes reset the lightning cable, sometimes including restarting the software on the iPad.

Are you seeing the same?

I did not test on a MacBook or on a Windows laptop.
redroc.k

Postby tim6691 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:29 pm

redroc.k wrote:Hi Tim, I was having a problem with my I/O Stomp and iPad where it would occasionally stop making sounds - the two meters on the I/O Stomp would drop to zero. And, then, button presses on the I/O Stomp would stop being received by the iPad software. The behavior would happen both when using Amplitube and Bias FX.

The fix would be to sometimes reset the power cable, sometimes reset the lightning cable, sometimes including restarting the software on the iPad.

Are you seeing the same?

I did not test on a MacBook or on a Windows laptop.

Hey Redroc,

It would work after reconnecting the lightning cable on both devices. It wouldn't work if I just restarted the software on the iPad but on the iPhone that would get it working again. I'm not sure about the power cable, I'll give that a try when I get a chance. They're sending me a new lightning cable. Hopefully, that fixes the problem. I'll post as soon as I get the cable and let you know.
tim6691

Postby redroc.k » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:27 pm

Hi Tim, yes, it's good that you are working with the Support team, they have been very helpful to me. We first tried a replacement Power Supply, but that didn't solve the problem, so now I've returned the I/O Stomp and they are sending a replacement, and I'm just waiting for it to arrive.
redroc.k

Postby tim6691 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:24 pm

I received my replacement lightning/DIN cable today. Unfortunately, it doesn't work any better than the original. In fact it loses the connection to the iPad even faster. About a minute after I plug it (lightning cable) in. With the original cable, I would get five minutes and once in a while ten minutes. Still works fine with my macbook though.

I'm hoping the replacement cable is bad. I added a note to the trouble ticket requesting a cable that's been tested. Perhaps it's the power supply although all I do to get it working is unplug the lightning cable and plug it back in.

I don't see any new firmware updates to the Stomp I/O so my only hope is still a bad cable or maybe the whole unit is bad.

I'll post an update when it's resolved (fingers crossed).

Tim
tim6691

Postby tim6691 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:56 pm

Everything seems to be working well now. They sent a new power supply and I haven't lost connection to the ipad with the new power supply. I left it connected overnight and it was still connected in the morning.

Now I just need an extended vacation to play with it. ;)
tim6691

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:01 pm

tim6691 wrote:Now I just need an extended vacation to play with it. ;)

Don't we all???? :)
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to Interfaces & Controllers