iRig Stomp I/O Users Topic - Experiences and Questions

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Re: iRig Stomp I/O Users Topic - Experiences and Questions

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 16, 2018 10:08 pm

triggerthehorizon wrote:
That0ne6uy wrote:@ triggerthehorizon ...

For what it's worth, I'm running Amplitube (w/ the stomp) on PC... the stomp goes to a mixer which feeds a scarlet and back to the PC into Ableton. I'm running asio4all + the scarlet drivers. Works great, no lag. I can take the buffer down in asio4all to 126, no perceived lag. The scarlet driver/control is down to something low, ...cant remember, but its not 8. still, no lag. I have a i7, 16GB ram, w/ 256 SSD.

So we are both at 128 samples. 128 may not cause a lot of lag to some but when you are used to 8, there is a noticeable difference. You are not getting a 2 second delay when switching presets ?

Please see my post above (and you would want to contact support about the preset switching time as that has nothing to do with buffer size).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dakfat » Wed May 16, 2018 10:10 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
triggerthehorizon wrote:
That0ne6uy wrote:@ triggerthehorizon ...

For what it's worth, I'm running Amplitube (w/ the stomp) on PC... the stomp goes to a mixer which feeds a scarlet and back to the PC into Ableton. I'm running asio4all + the scarlet drivers. Works great, no lag. I can take the buffer down in asio4all to 126, no perceived lag. The scarlet driver/control is down to something low, ...cant remember, but its not 8. still, no lag. I have a i7, 16GB ram, w/ 256 SSD.

So we are both at 128 samples. 128 may not cause a lot of lag to some but when you are used to 8, there is a noticeable difference. You are not getting a 2 second delay when switching presets ?

Please see my post above (and you would want to contact support about the preset switching time as that has nothing to do with buffer size).

Already contacted, thanks Peter.
dakfat

Postby Timo2019 » Wed May 16, 2018 10:39 pm

Peter_IK wrote:If for whatever reason you're able to go 128 at the lowest, that should still not be an issue (though the lag in preset switching is another issue, but literally - it should have nothing to do with your buffer size). A setting of 128 is similar to real-world analog situations, with "latency" similar to being a natural distance from your sound source. Instead of reinventing the wheel, luckily the folks at Pro Tools Expert explain it thoroughly:

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-p ... or-le.html

Thanks Peter, good read.
Timo2019

Postby annamalay » Wed May 16, 2018 11:39 pm

Ryan_IK wrote:
annamalay wrote:Works great on my IOS devices...but...

It doesn’t charge my iPad Pro 10.5 and 12.9. Not sure if it’s an IOS 11.x issue. My iPhone 6 Plus doesn’t charge either. It’s also on 11.x

The iPhone 5 charges fine it’s on 10.x

Hopefully this is resolved considering 10.x on IOS is no longer supported.

That does not sound normal. I would strongly suggest contact Tech Support using the link below. They should be able to figure out whats going on and find you a solution.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

Have done. They told me I have to the lightning cable connected as well. I asked how? Waiting on their response.

Tested on IPad Air and IPhone 6 with 11.x. Same issue - does not charge. These are older machines with lower power requirements.
annamalay

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 16, 2018 11:47 pm

annamalay wrote:
Ryan_IK wrote:
annamalay wrote:Works great on my IOS devices...but...

It doesn’t charge my iPad Pro 10.5 and 12.9. Not sure if it’s an IOS 11.x issue. My iPhone 6 Plus doesn’t charge either. It’s also on 11.x

The iPhone 5 charges fine it’s on 10.x

Hopefully this is resolved considering 10.x on IOS is no longer supported.

That does not sound normal. I would strongly suggest contact Tech Support using the link below. They should be able to figure out whats going on and find you a solution.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

Have done. They told me I have to the lightning cable connected as well. I asked how? Waiting on their response.

Tested on iPad Air and iPhone 6 with 11.x. Same issue - does not charge. These are older machines with lower power requirements.

They would mean the included Lightning cable from iRig Stomp I/O to your iOS device. You'd plug iRig Stomp I/O's power supply into the wall, and the included Lightning cable into your iOS device in order to be able to use iRig Stomp I/O with your device, as well as charge the device. I'm sure they will continue to assist you until everything is working as expected.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby annamalay » Thu May 17, 2018 3:41 am

Agreed. Waiting on them to respond...time differences etc.

Assumed that I would be using the supplied cable to connect the IOS device in order to get Audio a Midi (program & CC) which works great on all devices IOS.

Don't know how else one would connect the IOS device to the Stomp IO without using the din to lightning adaptor.

Did further testing and it doesn’t charge my IPad Pro 10.5 and 12.9, Ipad Air, Iphone 6 and 6 plus. Not sure if it’s an IOS 11.x issue.

The IPhone 5 charges fine it’s on 10.x. I have an Ipad 4 which I will test as well.
annamalay

Postby Timo2019 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:55 am

Just asking, but are you also using the power supply when your connected to you ipad?
Timo2019

Postby annamalay » Thu May 17, 2018 5:40 am

Timo2017 wrote:Just asking, but are you also using the power supply when your connected to you iPad?

There was probably a disconnect in my explanation.

I had never used the Stomp IO with its power adaptor connected. I assumed that it did not run on IPad power.

As I said the IPhone 5 gets charged but the others don’t.

The setup is IPad -> Lightning to IK Din adaptor cable -> Stomp IO -> IK Power adaptor to Mains.
annamalay

Postby Timo2019 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:43 am

My bad, I think I just missed the iphone that did charge...
Timo2019

Postby Timo2019 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:43 am

Sorry
Timo2019

Postby annamalay » Thu May 17, 2018 6:37 am

No worries - easy to miss as it looks support thought the same based on their response.

Didn’t know the IPad could power the Stomp IO - will have to try it.

Impressed with it... I’ve been waiting years for this.
annamalay

Postby That0ne6uy » Thu May 17, 2018 7:54 pm

Redacted....
Last edited by That0ne6uy on Fri May 18, 2018 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
That0ne6uy

Postby That0ne6uy » Thu May 17, 2018 7:59 pm

Can I use a different cord to connect the stomp to my PC? I am interested in using a USB type B 2.0 to USB C cord.

That is, I think the stomp connection is a USB type B 2.0 - please confirm that too.
That0ne6uy

Postby annamalay » Fri May 18, 2018 3:15 am

Have been learning a few things about the Stomp IO.
It is a well built and well thought-out piece of hardware.
Initially, I assumed the hard-coded CC mappings would be a challenge but I have worked around that.

I also have the BlueBoard and PG's BT-4. With all three, it provides a lot of flexibility. I also have two Boss EV-5 and dual foot switch.

While I like Amplitube, I also have ToneStack, Jamup and Bias FX. I have bought the full bundles for all three.Still cheaper than buying pedals etc.

My preference has been Bias FX as I'm very comfortable with configuring it and seems to sound better to my ears. It does require a lot more processing power - hence the latest IOS devices. It is also more flexible in terms of how multiple amps and effects could be used at the same time.
The patch changing is slower than Amplitube, Tonestack and Jamup.I It's not an issue as I tend to use the same patch in one song dropping/adding various effects as required within the song.

My only issues has been:
1. Switches are configured as latch rather than momentary. Fine in Amplitube, works in the others.
2. Other than Amplitube, the swtich indicators (coloured lights) do not indicate effect status, Not fussed as Blueboard and BT-4 never did either.
3. Engaging the tuner (CC32) which I have a workaround to get it to work in the other apps.
4. Tap for delay which is done via SysEx rather than CC which the others don't use. My work around is to use an external switch.

I am still open to Amplitube and will keep trying as it has the best integration with the Stomp IO.

With regard to the charging issues, the IPhone 5 no longer charges as well - audio/midi works. Support are sending me a new cable - hopefully that works.

A couple of other things I have discovered while I was trying to troubleshoot the charging issues.
The switch is Bus-powered and can be powered via USB (in the manual).

I have a battery that use onstage so that I don't have power cables running to the stage front. The battery pack powers my GP10, Stomp IO and wireless.

I also connected my IPad via USB and the Stomp IO lit up and audio/midi worked. The IPad pop up message said that the power drain was too high. I have to find my Apple adaptor the enables USB and lightning power to be connected up.

If I can get the the charging issue sorted, I will be completely satisfied. I really hope that it is the fix and a not device fault.
annamalay

Postby funinstars » Fri May 18, 2018 4:25 am

Thanks for the write up. We can all benefit from the experiences of the 3 people who have actually received them :D
funinstars

PreviousNext

Return to Interfaces & Controllers