iRig Stomp I/O Users Topic - Experiences and Questions

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Re: iRig Stomp I/O Users Topic - Experiences and Questions

Postby dakfat » Wed May 16, 2018 5:14 pm

How low can you set the buffer when using Asio4all ?
dakfat

Postby funinstars » Wed May 16, 2018 5:14 pm

triggerthehorizon wrote:My stealthpedal has it’s own drivers actually. They haven’t been updated in years but they exist

Really? I had one of those. At least the iRig stuff doesn't. Now i'm not sure about other things. Maybe the rig Keys have them?

Whatever :D
funinstars

Postby funinstars » Wed May 16, 2018 5:15 pm

triggerthehorizon wrote:How low can you set the buffer when using Asio4all ?

there should be a control panel for it. It's fairly decent setup, with a lot of options.
funinstars

Postby Timo2019 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:17 pm

Yup, control panel
Timo2019

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed May 16, 2018 5:44 pm

triggerthehorizon wrote:How low can you set the buffer when using Asio4all ?

This would be in the ASIO4ALL control panel, as mentioned by Timo2017 and Funinstars. In the AmpliTube 4 'Settings' drop down menu a the top of the screen you can access the 'Audio/MIDI Set Up' window. This Audio/MIDI Set Up window will offer a 'Panel...' button to open the ASIO4ALL panel.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby That0ne6uy » Wed May 16, 2018 6:59 pm

I have my stomp, and it's plugged into my PC that has all the software loaded. It all appears to be working just fine so far.

- however -

None of the foot switches work, neither does the pedal. I don't think it's because anything is broken, I just don't think it's plug n play with the PC connection and something needs to be setup.

The manual for the stomp and amplitube seem to point towards treating the stomp like a MIDI device and, thus, having to assign/learn/program/whaever each switch/pedal in order for it to work with the PC setup. Is this right?? And, what is this virtual switch about...As a total newb to this, I find myself wishing that there were something like a "dummies guide" or baby steps specifically written for how to do this. Even a video would be nice. The manual seems to be written such that someone with experience would have no issues setting everything up.

Anyone, guidance would be good on exactly how to do this with the stomp. I've had this since monday and I'm eager to get this working.
That0ne6uy

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed May 16, 2018 7:36 pm

That0ne6uy wrote:I have my stomp, and it's plugged into my PC that has all the software loaded. It all appears to be working just fine so far.

- however -

None of the foot switches work, neither does the pedal. I don't think it's because anything is broken, I just don't think it's plug n play with the PC connection and something needs to be setup.

The manual for the stomp and amplitube seem to point towards treating the stomp like a MIDI device and, thus, having to assign/learn/program/whaever each switch/pedal in order for it to work with the PC setup. Is this right?? And, what is this virtual switch about...As a total newb to this, I find myself wishing that there were something like a "dummies guide" or baby steps specifically written for how to do this. Even a video would be nice. The manual seems to be written such that someone with experience would have no issues setting everything up.

Anyone, guidance would be good on exactly how to do this with the stomp. I've had this since monday and I'm eager to get this working.

First make sure you are on the latest version of AmpliTube 4 from your the User Area -> My Products section (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/) of your IK Multimedia account.

If this does not help, it sounds like you may have the 'iRig Stomp I/O' option selected in AmpliTube 4. Make sure to select the 'MIDIIN2" option in the AmpliTube 4 Audio/MIDI Set Up. This is listed under the 'Settings' drop down menu at the top of your screen. This will switch your iRig Stomp I/O into an 'AmpliTube Mode' for direct control over AmpliTube 4. The 'iRig Stomp I/O' MIDI option is to use the iRig Stomp I/O as a general MIDI controller.

While we are looking into creating some more resources for iRig Stomp I/O users. For now we urge anyone with any questions or concerns getting started, first check the User Manual for instructions, and if necessary contact the technical support team. They will be more than happy to walk you through getting started.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby That0ne6uy » Wed May 16, 2018 7:53 pm

Ok - thanks - that makes sense. I see that there was a new version of amplitube released yesterday, I'll grab that tonight and do the change in the MIDI audio setup you suggest.

So, if all goes well, *should* it be plug n play? Just trying to know what to expect.

Also, what's up with that virtual switch? Is that the pedal switch? Like, when I press down on the pedal all the way it engages?
That0ne6uy

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed May 16, 2018 8:01 pm

This new build of AmpliTube should automatically select 'MIDIIN2' for you on first launch when the iRig Stomp I/O is seen.

The Virtual Switch can be engaged/disengaged by pressing down on the top of the Expression Pedal.

*The Virtual Switch is directly related to the Expression Pedal, so if you want to adjust the sensitivity of this switch, make sure to calibrate your Expression Pedal. There is a method for this in your User Manual.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby dakfat » Wed May 16, 2018 9:54 pm

I finally tested the Irig Stomp IO with Asio4all. I could not set a buffer size below 128 without the sound cutting out and there was a 2 second lag when switching presets.

My usual portable rig consists of a Scarlett Solo and an Actition 12 button controller with 2 Mission expression pedals. With this setup I can go down to 8 samples for the buffer without the sound cutting out and there is no lag between switching presets.

I was expecting a similar performance from the Stomp IO in a more convenient all in one package, but I will be sticking to my Scarlett and Actition rig for PC. In all fairness I had a better experience using it with my IPhone, which is probably what the Stomp IO will be used for.
dakfat

Postby Timo2019 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:58 pm

triggerthehorizon wrote:I finally tested the Irig Stomp IO with Asio4all. I could not set a buffer size below 128 without the sound cutting out and there was a 2 second lag when switching presets

Just out of being curious, what are the specs of the computer you're using?
Timo2019

Postby dakfat » Wed May 16, 2018 10:01 pm

I have an Intel I7 3770k, 32g ram, 500gb SSD for system and 1tb SSD for samples
dakfat

Postby That0ne6uy » Wed May 16, 2018 10:03 pm

@ triggerthehorizon ...

For what it's worth, I'm running Amplitube (w/ the stomp) on PC... the stomp goes to a mixer which feeds a scarlet and back to the PC into Ableton. I'm running asio4all + the scarlet drivers. Works great, no lag. I can take the buffer down in asio4all to 126, no perceived lag. The scarlet driver/control is down to something low, ...cant remember, but its not 8. still, no lag. I have a i7, 16GB ram, w/ 256 SSD.
That0ne6uy

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 16, 2018 10:05 pm

If for whatever reason you're able to go 128 at the lowest, that should still not be an issue (though the lag in preset switching is another issue, but literally - it should have nothing to do with your buffer size). A setting of 128 is similar to real-world analog situations, with "latency" similar to being a natural distance from your sound source. Instead of reinventing the wheel, luckily the folks at Pro Tools Expert explain it thoroughly:

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-p ... or-le.html
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dakfat » Wed May 16, 2018 10:06 pm

That0ne6uy wrote:@ triggerthehorizon ...

For what it's worth, I'm running Amplitube (w/ the stomp) on PC... the stomp goes to a mixer which feeds a scarlet and back to the PC into Ableton. I'm running asio4all + the scarlet drivers. Works great, no lag. I can take the buffer down in asio4all to 126, no perceived lag. The scarlet driver/control is down to something low, ...cant remember, but its not 8. still, no lag. I have a i7, 16GB ram, w/ 256 SSD.

So we are both at 128 samples. 128 may not cause a lot of lag to some but when you are used to 8, there is a noticeable difference. You are not getting a 2 second delay when switching presets ?
dakfat

PreviousNext

Return to Interfaces & Controllers