iRig Stomp I/O Users Topic - Experiences and Questions

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Re: iRig Stomp I/O Users Topic - Experiences and Questions

Postby Peter_IK » Fri May 18, 2018 2:01 pm

funinstars wrote:Thanks for the write up. We can all benefit from the experiences of the 3 people who have actually received them :D

More than three people have received iRig Stomp I/O. A majority of users of any audio products are not typically posting on forums. I'd love if they did, but hey.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby akarst » Sat May 19, 2018 12:23 am

Hey, I even got one way up here in Norway!
akarst

Postby funinstars » Sat May 19, 2018 12:37 am

akarst wrote:Hey, I even got one way up here in Norway!

Way up there? Was it derived by reindeer? :D
funinstars

Postby Timo2019 » Sat May 19, 2018 12:58 am

Fat dude with a white beard brought it...
Timo2019

Postby annamalay » Sun May 20, 2018 11:39 am

annamalay wrote:...
If I can get the the charging issue sorted, I will be completely satisfied. I really hope that it is the fix and a not device fault.

While I wait for a new cable to resolve the charging issue to be resolved, I have a great workaround:

I can use, power the Stomp IO and charge my IPad at the sme time via its USB connector using the Apple Lightning to USB 3.0 Camera adaptor. My external battery will run the whole setup.

Works great on stage - single cable back to amp - no clutter.
annamalay

Postby akarst » Fri May 25, 2018 7:45 am

I just hope that the problems with iPhone 7 Plus and the newest iPad are resolved quickly, as those are the two devices that I have.
akarst

Postby annamalay » Fri May 25, 2018 3:24 pm

They think, think the wrong cable was included and are sending a new one.
annamalay

Postby akarst » Mon May 28, 2018 8:00 am

Hopefully IK themselves will chime in here. I would love to know if they have a working solution, so that the new iPad can be used for something else than just PUBG... :)
akarst

Postby annamalay » Mon May 28, 2018 8:21 am

I don’t have an IPhone 7, my devices are IPad 1st gen 12.9 and 10.5.
Connecting via USB and lightning adaptor worked and charged all my devices.

It’s a workaround until I get the replacement cable.

Your’s is not charging at all?
annamalay

Postby akarst » Mon May 28, 2018 8:55 am

Oh, you're talking about a charging problem? No, this is something else. The sound itself gets distorted and unusable. From the specs page:

"Note for iPhone 7 / 7 Plus / new iPad 9.7 users: IK Multimedia is working with Apple to fix a compatibility problem that can arise with the iRig Stomp I/O on the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus and on the new iPad 9.7 making the audio stream to become unstable during usage. The problem with these devices will be resolved as soon as possible."
akarst

Postby annamalay » Mon May 28, 2018 2:55 pm

I understand.

The new cable has fixed the charging issues.
annamalay

Postby cantwellhill » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:16 pm

Hi all. Stomp I/O Guinea Pig / Test Pilot here.
Downloaded AmpliTube Deluxe 4.5.1 for my Mac (10.13.4) and have been trying it with Stomp I/O. If I follow the manual exactly, I can get sound out of it, but little else works reliably. Can't get Stomp Mode working, the pedals don't respond and trying to switch modes seems to make AmpliTube crash/hang.
cantwellhill

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:19 pm

cantwellhill wrote:Hi all. Stomp I/O Guinea Pig / Test Pilot here.
Downloaded AmpliTube Deluxe 4.5.1 for my Mac (10.13.4) and have been trying it with Stomp I/O. If I follow the manual exactly, I can get sound out of it, but little else works reliably. Can't get Stomp Mode working, the pedals don't respond and trying to switch modes seems to make AmpliTube crash/hang.

This is not the normal behavior. Please open a ticket with IK Support for direct technical assistance if you have not done so already. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby kouc52 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:40 pm

Hello,
I use amplitube 4 on my PC (Intel i7, SSD drive) and have been unable to use my Irig stomp I/O... First windows saw it as a unknown device. Loaded asio4all and it wouldn't respond...zero sound or lights. Support told me to unplug the USB then hold the 1 switch and plug it back and release. This worked for about 5 minutes then the sound just dropped and I had to repeat the whole process. now it just basically will not work. Are there any other PC users with this issue? Anyone find a solution? I hate apple products and an not gonna pay for an iPad and another version of amplitube Max for the iPad just to use the stomp I/O... Which worked absolutely fine with my focusrite Scarlet 2i2s. Kinda kicking myself for selling it on eBay when the stomp arrived after waiting 6 month for it.

Regretfully disappointed so far.
kouc52

Postby That0ne6uy » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:59 pm

Yes - I am a PC user and have the stomp setup and works good - not great. I have a different issue that Amplitube likes to switch from recording mode to looper mode randomly. However - the service group is aware of it and hopefully things can get sorted out soon.

About PC/Amplitube/Stomp/ASIO4ALL....

It's going to take some tinkering. You're a windows user, so you're probably used to that. I assure you, though, the setup works. I will stress that you need to make sure that all the windows settings in "Sound" are correct - or its not going to matter what is in the control panel for ASIO4ALL. Here is what I have:
Sound --> Playback: The stomp is set to the default device.
Sound --> Playback: The stomp properties-->advance-->exclusive mode: check both boxes, one to allow for applications to take exclusive control and the other to give apps with exclusive mode priority.
Sound --> Recording: The stomp is set to the default device.
Sound --> Sounds --> Sound Scheme (drop down list): No sounds.

After that, you need to go into the ASIO4ALL panel and look what the notes are next to the sounds devices you have on your system. For instance, I have the stomp and a Realtek HD audio device (stock laptop device). I disabled the Realtek device (the blue-ish power button in the ASIO4ALL panel is off) and made sure that the Stomp button is on. If you see any warnings or errors (red Xs or whatever) something is obviously wrong and you're going to need to tinker.

Assuming all is right so far - you can now go into Amplitube, into the midi audio setup and get your inputs and outputs all set to the stomp. Just like in the manual. Also make sure that the midi input is set to the stomp as well.

Again, assuming all that is set - you should be good to go.

I will caveat the above that I am also running a Focusrite along side the stomp on the same laptop. I have run it both ways - stomp alone and with the Focusrite.

Good luck.
That0ne6uy

PreviousNext

Return to Interfaces & Controllers