iRig Stomp I/O Users Topic - Experiences and Questions

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Re: iRig Stomp I/O Users Topic - Experiences and Questions

Postby smcvey » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:34 pm

Worked out of the box for me. Just grab a wah pedal as one of your stomp boxes and the Stomp I/O automatically assigns the pedal to the wah. I will say I had the Stomp I/O on my desk and was unable to turn it on until I actually put it on the floor and pressed down fairly hard with my foot.
smcvey

Postby mgartner » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:46 pm

Odd. I can toggle it on and off by pressing hard on the pedal, but rocking it back and forth doesn't make anything happen wah wise.
mgartner

Postby smcvey » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:43 pm

That happened automatically for me. Perhaps you could remove the wah, then add it back? A workaround would be to press and hold the wah pedal surface on the iPad, then rock the pedal to assign it that function. Shouldn't have to do that, though.
smcvey

Postby kouc52 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:15 am

Tonight I hooked up my son's iPad and loaded the Amplitube AC app and connected it via the apple midi cord the stomp shipped with. I wasn't too impressed with the iPad sound vs the PC. My intention was one, to see if the stomp would work with the iPad...it did, two see if I was gonna buy an iPad and ditch the PC for now. iPad seemed to click and pop and I downloaded my favorite Engl amp and it just didn't sound the same vs the PC...also it don't come with presets...It was only 6.99 so I can't really bitch.

Anyway.... I decided to hook up the PC and give it a go. I am not sure what hooking the iPad did but it did something that corrected whatever issue I was having with the PC. The great IK support staff and myself have tried everything to no avail. I was ecstatic to finally get sound of my Stomp IO tonight. I can only assume with hooking up the apply cord switch a setting inside the stomp IO that allowed windows to correct the issue it had connecting with it. Before if I I got sound out it would drop within 10 min tops and then it was a process to try and get windows and amplitube to see the asio4all again. I had zero issues tonight after adjusting the buffer... actually sounded better than through my old focusrite Scarlet.

Now once the Stomp live for PC comes out it would be completely awesome. Still would like to see IKmultimedia dedicated asio USB windows driver vs asio4all.
kouc52

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:27 pm

kouc52 wrote:Now once the Stomp live for PC comes out it would be completely awesome. Still would like to see IKmultimedia dedicated asio USB windows driver vs asio4all.

Live Mode is now available in AmpliTube 4.6 which was just made available in your IK User Area.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby kouc52 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:26 pm

Fantastic! I'll update it later today!
kouc52

Postby jeepbuff » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:28 pm

kouc52 wrote:I have been working with them for over a month, still having the same issues. I was wondering if other PC users had similar or the same issue. I am told an update is do out in a few weeks... hopefully with their own stand alone windows drivers. I have never had luck with asio4 all. Focusrite has their own drivers and it works flawlessly.

thank you for the reply though.

I tried it without asio at all. When I plugged it in to my windows 10 pc, there was a popup that said irig stomp i/o was being configured. Then after opening Amplitube 4 and going to the settings, select WDM(Exclusive mode) and set your inputs and outputs. Then make sure to select MIDIIN2 as the midi input. It worked for me but I went back to asio4all so I could use my Audiobox outs for my studio speakers so I didn't have to drag the speaker cables to wherever I wanted to place my iRig Stomp I/O.

I did however notice, that I was getting terrible buzzing when I used the pedalboard as the audio interface. It would seem good then all of a sudden it went to a terrible buzzing. Unplayable. Just like speakers cones that were torn apart. Gain was set with no clipping so I don't know what the cause is for that. Need more testing.

I then went back to my audiobox for the input also. Just using the pedalboard for the pedalboard with AT4.
jeepbuff

Postby jeepbuff » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:34 pm

mgartner wrote:Odd. I can toggle it on and off by pressing hard on the pedal, but rocking it back and forth doesn't make anything happen wah wise.

Look in the manual how to calibrate the expression pedal. It is supposed to work out of the box but mine wouldn't work at all. Not the virtual switch or rocking it back and forth. After the calibration, everything worked.
jeepbuff

Postby wfm » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:21 am

I see that iOS is getting "worked on" per an earlier post.

I bought the iOS bundle last month, and my Stomp I/O arrived a few days ago.

So I have Amplitube installed, but I also have a second one with a red line under it?

THEN, I have the following apps installed:
Amplitube Hendrix
Amplitube Mesa
Amplitube Orange
Amplitube Slash

I see some of this above gear listed for purchase?

Is there some way to get all of my purchased gear in the same app?

I tried "restore my purchased gear" however, it does not change anything.

Thanks in advance!

Mac
wfm

Virtual Switch Detail needed!

Postby bking2112 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:02 pm

Can someone from IK provide us with the "missing manual" on the Virtual Switch? The more detail the better. It is mentioned 4 times in the manual but never explained. In posts here, it is discussed as something you can activate by pressing down hard on the exp pedal, and stated that calibration affects this functionality.

How does calibration affect this? If I want the virtual switch to activate more easily (and turn on/off the wah), do I need to deliberately not press the toe down all the way when I calibrate? Put differently, does any "play" not used in calibration become space that sends CC26 instead of CC11? And, if I leave room for the switch like that (assuming I can), is it likely that I will have a lot of false on/off while sweeping the wah in play? How do we optimize this so it works like your basic Cry-Baby type of wah?

The manual seriously needs to be revised to include a section on the Virtual Switch. I have had a lot of problems with turning the wah on/off and have had to give up and assign the on/off to one of the main switches.

Thanks in advance.
bking2112

Postby redroc.k » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:30 pm

Hi bking2112, when I did the calibration step, it only was for setting the "rocking" range of the expression pedal. It didn't do anything to what would be the "on and off" function of the virtual switch.

I know you've already read the manual, but I'll zero on section "3.4 Virtual Pedal".

When you press hard on the pedal and turn the red light off and on, that sends CC#26.

When you rock the pedal back and forth, that sends CC#11.

And yes, no doubt, the functionality could use a little more detail.
redroc.k

Postby kouc52 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:39 pm

So I updated to the 4.6 PC Amplitube 4 which worked great for 5 minutes there it dropped out never to be seen again. I got fed up and bought a new steinberg UR-RT2 4 x 2 USB 2.0 Audio Interface. I was astonished to find out Amplitube couldn't see the steinberg UR-RT2 once installed either? I get an error code that it is not a recognized device/driver. Do however hear a clean sound from the guitar... just that the software will not simulate it. So I dug out the old Guitar Rig 5 software I bought years ago and not only did it see the steinberg UR-RT2 it ran without issue, even at 24-bit/192kHz.

I greatly prefer Amplitube 4 and as a Max owner I enjoy having all the AmpliTube sounds available in my library. I would uninstall Amplitube 4 and reinstall it but I don't want to lose all my custom rigs and presets. Anyone know if there is a way to save them and reinstall them all after?

I wish the Preset XChange feature was included I could just upload them there and redownload them(cloud space). OH... and for the love of god, please make it so you can maximize amplitube 4 to the full screen size! It is the year 2018 not 2000... a simple % vs # value program correction. Just Saying.
Last edited by kouc52 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kouc52

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:44 pm

wfm wrote:I see that iOS is getting "worked on" per an earlier post.

I bought the iOS bundle last month, and my Stomp I/O arrived a few days ago.

So I have Amplitube installed, but I also have a second one with a red line under it?

THEN, I have the following apps installed:
Amplitube Hendrix
Amplitube Mesa
Amplitube Orange
Amplitube Slash

I see some of this above gear listed for purchase?

Is there some way to get all of my purchased gear in the same app?

I tried "restore my purchased gear" however, it does not change anything.

Thanks in advance!

Mac

Hi, you can find the instructions for this in our FAQ at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/3649
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mgartner » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:56 pm

What causes the stomp io to drop out for a few seconds every couple of minutes?
mgartner

Postby wfm » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:31 pm

"dropout every few minutes?"

iPad or computer sleep?

Posting your config & OS will help diagnose too.

ymmv :D RnR
wfm

PreviousNext

Return to Interfaces & Controllers