iRig Stomp I/O Users Topic - Experiences and Questions

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Re: iRig Stomp I/O Users Topic - Experiences and Questions

Postby Mhoff10 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:37 am

Peter_IK wrote:
Mhoff10 wrote:Hi, i’m new to this whole thing and assume this won’t work but do you know if it’s possible to use a male to female lightning cable to extend the included iOS cable so I don’t have to leave my iPad near the floor. Thanks

Hi, we have an extension cable available for just this reason, at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/spareparts/

I saw that but I already stretched my means buying this pedal and am unable to justify spending $30 on that cable, especially if something like this will work (https://www.amazon.com/Lightning-Extens ... +lightning)
Mhoff10

Postby smcvey » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:42 am

Hi! Sure seems like a lightning extension cable should work, but can't confirm that. I have the IK Mini-DIN extension cable and it works very well. Now if someone could create an iPad stand/holder that works with the Stomp I/O...
smcvey

Postby Mhoff10 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:44 am

smcvey wrote:Hi! Sure seems like a lightning extension cable should work, but can't confirm that. I have the IK Mini-DIN extension cable and it works very well. Now if someone could create an iPad stand/holder that works with the Stomp I/O...

Appreciate the input!
Mhoff10

Postby Arjan West » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:03 am

EDIT: Igonre this post the unit is excellent ! i reinstalled it but forgot to set 24bit back it is top notch !

Not to happy with the unit here.
I have a Scarlett 2i2 and the sound is just so much better then the Stomp I/O's.
Use the same patch just swap the HW it all sound just much fuller/richer on the 2i2
It's a night and day difference.
I now use the 2i2 for I/O and the Stomp just as...well MIDI pedalboard. :roll:

It's a shame i really expected the soundcard to be of higher quality.
Weird that an 3th party company can make IK's software sound better then IK's own HW.

Anyway i bought the unit for the Amplitube Deluxe SW package.
And i'm very happy with the SW just stuck with a pretty expensive MIDI pedelboard now.
Last edited by Arjan West on Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arjan West

Postby Mhoff10 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:33 am

I just got my stomp and it worked great until I started assigning midi functions in other apps (loopy and audiobus). Now I can't get any output volume. The lights suggest there is input but I can no longer hear anything whether in AmpliTube or bias. I was hoping I could reset it or reinstall the firmware but it won't show up on my Mac or PC...any tips?
Mhoff10

Postby Arjan West » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:45 am

Mhoff10 wrote:I just got my stomp and it worked great until I started assigning midi functions in other apps (loopy and audiobus). Now I can't get any output volume. The lights suggest there is input but I can no longer hear anything whether in AmpliTube or bias. I was hoping I could reset it or reinstall the firmware but it won't show up on my Mac or PC...any tips?

I think it resets if you keep 1st stomp hold when powering the unit.
Arjan West

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:48 pm

Mhoff10 wrote:I just got my stomp and it worked great until I started assigning midi functions in other apps (loopy and audiobus). Now I can't get any output volume. The lights suggest there is input but I can no longer hear anything whether in AmpliTube or bias. I was hoping I could reset it or reinstall the firmware but it won't show up on my Mac or PC...any tips?

This does sound unusual. Make sure you are not in stand alone mode. The way to tell this would be the two top LEDs for your input and output levels. These will remain illuminated in stand alone mode. This would be for use as a stand along MIDI controller. Try powering off your unit and powering this back on holding stomp pedal 1.

willemguitar wrote:Not to happy with the unit here.
I have a Scarlett 2i2 and the sound is just so much better then the Stomp I/O's.
Use the same patch just swap the HW it all sound just much fuller/richer on the 2i2
It's a night and day difference.
I now use the 2i2 for I/O and the Stomp just as...well MIDI pedalboard. :roll:

It's a shame i really expected the soundcard to be of higher quality.
Weird that an 3th party company can make IK's software sound better then IK's own HW.

Anyway i bought the unit for the Amplitube Deluxe SW package.
And i'm very happy with the SW just stuck with a pretty expensive MIDI pedelboard now.

Sorry to hear of your experience here. I would suggest checking with IK Multimedia support to see what could be going on here. They should be able to help you optimize your set up.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Arjan West » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:13 pm

Sorry to hear of your experience here. I would suggest checking with IK Multimedia support to see what could be going on here. They should be able to help you optimize your set up.

Nah it's fine i bought it only for the software as the price diffrence between buying software alone or with the unit was so low i might as well get it with the unit.
Dont think support can do much for me i'm pretty sure all the settings are what they should be.

i can use the Stomp I/O when i'm not behind my PC so it's still very usefull tool for me.
Anyway really happy with Amplitube 4 Deluxe and T-racks is super sweet too.
Still happy customer :D
Arjan West

Postby Arjan West » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:10 pm

Ok i admit it....i'm an idiot :D
When i came home i double checked my settings and somehow the soundcard settings were set to 16bit 44.1 (cd) i'm sure i set this to 24bit 44.1 (studio) but now i recall i removed the unit from devices and reinstalled it...and yes most likely forgot to put it back on 24bit.

The unit sounds excellent now it's the same as my Scarlett now :mrgreen:
Arjan West

Postby muddi » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:38 am

Hi folks, I already have Amplitube 4 Max and Fender Collection2 on my PC Windows 7 64bit. I'm going to buy the iRig Stomp I/O with an iPad (4th generation) so I can use it live. I understand that I will be able to download a package of software for the iPad. But what if, for example, I want to have other collections that I already have on my PC? Should I buy it as an iOS app or am I eligible to download for free? Or in the downloadable software package are included all other collections (Jimi Hendrix / Slash / Mesa Boogie / Fender coll 1&2). Sorry but little bit confused....Thanks in advance for your feedback, Muddi
muddi

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:43 pm

muddi wrote:Hi folks, I already have Amplitube 4 Max and Fender Collection2 on my PC Windows 7 64bit. I'm going to buy the iRig Stomp I/O with an iPad (4th generation) so I can use it live. I understand that I will be able to download a package of software for the iPad. But what if, for example, I want to have other collections that I already have on my PC? Should I buy it as an iOS app or am I eligible to download for free? Or in the downloadable software package are included all other collections (Jimi Hendrix / Slash / Mesa Boogie / Fender coll 1&2). Sorry but little bit confused....Thanks in advance for your feedback, Muddi

iOS and Mac/PC purchases are not transferable at this time, but you will not need to buy an app in this case. With your purchase of the iRig Stomp I/O you get some gear in the AmpliTube CS app to get you started making music. Check out the link below for a full list of gear included in AmpliTube CS, as well as the other IK apps included with this device.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... tompio-app
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby muddi » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:30 am

Thx a lot Ryan, it is clear now! Regds, Muddi
muddi

Postby Neospherenepal » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:26 am

Hello Guys,
Newbie here and just joined this forum.
Neospherenepal

Postby era.mikkola » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:02 pm

Just sharing my experiences from 1st week of using iStomp I/O.

Firstly, great product. I've been an Amplitube user for years and always liked the product.
Now to get all the amps, bells and whistles for simplified Live-pedal-style use is such a great idea.

My first attempt was with the new iPad, no go (yet). The new iPad with the AmpliTube CS has a bug and sounded like my iStomp is broken. The support told me about this. Then next working with iMac (and MBP) went smoothly. It takes a little time to get used to iStomps options and to get the workflow right. I have some of my own preset and they can be used very easily. Just saving them on a playlist and here we go. For live use I decided to create new presets mainly because of gain staging and simplifying the effects on 4 pedals. On every preset I also save the Volume pedal on fifth block ("Amplitube4 -> other") and use it for evening out my live volumes easily.

I have tried 3 different set ups: 1) standalone (with laptop) stereo to PA, 2) standalone (L -> iMac + R-> Amplifier fx loop return in and 3) As a plugin in DAW playing background music. My go to is number 2 for now. Very nicely bringing the guitar a bit up and present. Setup no1 is different and allows me play with the stereo stuff (eg two different amp chains), great for ambient stuff. Setup no 3 doesn't allow me to play with iRig's live options at all.

All in all this is very exciting, very good sounding and worth of every cent. Later on the iOS 12 update should bring me the iPad for 4th setup option. Nice work guys!!!!
era.mikkola

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:01 pm

Thanks! The iOS 12 update should be out tomorrow and will resolve the issue mentioned.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to Interfaces & Controllers