iRig Stomp I/O Users Topic - Experiences and Questions

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Re: iRig Stomp I/O Users Topic - Experiences and Questions

Postby muddi » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:02 pm

muddi wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:
muddi wrote:Dear All, after two weeks the switch #1 does not work properly. Sometimes works, sometimes not. Not used on stage yet, only at home. Any idea? THX.

This would be something to report to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support for direct technical assistance. Thank you.

Thanks, Peter. It is done. I just wanted to share that, maybe somebody has the prolem too. I will keep you informed.

Dear Peter, unfortunately I did receive no reply from support yet. Is it a guarantee issue? Do I have to contact the seller? Please help!
Obviously the first swich does not work properly. Either no reaction or delay or I need to press 2_3 times and then react. That's what I've experienced in the last few days.
Rgds.
muddi

Postby axemanchris » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:04 pm

Got it a few days ago and am very happy so far. Using iPad mini 4 and BiasFX.

The workaround for the tuner is simple. Use button #4 instead of button #3.

I had been using an iRig HD with a Blueboard, which worked perfectly fine, but for live use, I wanted something more physically robust and with fewer wires and connections to possibly fail - not to mention faster setup / tear down.

The added advantages are the expression pedal and the fact that the patch changes are faster due to an actual physical connection.

Chris
axemanchris

Postby kdangelo22 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:43 pm

I've had my Stomp about a week and slowly figuring it out. I'm was a long-time Bias FX user, but recently tried different apps like Amplitube and ToneStack. Now I find Bias very harsh and I don't like it or use it anymore; also have the Positive Grid BT-4 foot controller (anyone wanna buy it?). Once I saw the Stomp I/O, I knew it was exactly what I needed, and, if possible, I'd like my whole rig to fall under the same company, so now I'm considering going all in on Amplitube.

Like someone else on here, the Stomp is not charging my iPad (Air; v12.1). I'm going to contact support for that.

Question re: plugging into powered speakers. Confused about something I read in manual. My speakers come with one cable- 1/8th inch. So I am using a 1/4" adapter in order to plug into the back of the Stomp. Works fine, except the slightest movement of the unit or cable causes loud popping, hissing, etc. It just seems unstable, and I know it will bring more problems now that I have the expression pedal figured out (and have to press kind of hard to activate the virtual switch). Thoughts, suggestions?
kdangelo22

Postby mgp03051 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:39 am

Hi I just received my stomp IO on Friday.. I can’t seem to figure out how to upgrade from cs of iPad to the full version that come with the stomp IO.. I’ve registered it in the app as well as uninstalling the app and registering everything again.. Am I missing something? When I click the link on th IK website it sends me to App Store to purchase.. I really would like to try the full version before I commit to buying upgrades for either my PC or IPad ..
mgp03051

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:03 pm

kdangelo22 wrote:Question re: plugging into powered speakers. Confused about something I read in manual. My speakers come with one cable- 1/8th inch. So I am using a 1/4" adapter in order to plug into the back of the Stomp. Works fine, except the slightest movement of the unit or cable causes loud popping, hissing, etc. It just seems unstable, and I know it will bring more problems now that I have the expression pedal figured out (and have to press kind of hard to activate the virtual switch). Thoughts, suggestions?

Sounds like the adapter isn't working correctly / may be faulty. If your speakers have an 1/8" input that is likely stereo so you'd want to go from both the balanced outputs on the back (which are 1/4") into the 1/8" input or (probably a much more direct and easy connection) go from the headphone output on iRig Stomp I/O to your powered speaker. You may want to ask IK Support for additional advice there, too, if this doesn't help.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:04 pm

mgp03051 wrote:Hi I just received my stomp IO on Friday.. I can’t seem to figure out how to upgrade from cs of iPad to the full version that come with the stomp IO.. I’ve registered it in the app as well as uninstalling the app and registering everything again.. Am I missing something? When I click the link on th IK website it sends me to App Store to purchase.. I really would like to try the full version before I commit to buying upgrades for either my PC or iPad ..

Once you register your iRig Stomp I/O's serial number inside the AmpliTube CS app on your iOS device the gear from the 19.99 version of AmplITube for iOS will be available inside AmpliTube CS. If that is not happening please open a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support for direct assistance.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby kdangelo22 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:11 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
kdangelo22 wrote:Question re: plugging into powered speakers. Confused about something I read in manual. My speakers come with one cable- 1/8th inch. So I am using a 1/4" adapter in order to plug into the back of the Stomp. Works fine, except the slightest movement of the unit or cable causes loud popping, hissing, etc. It just seems unstable, and I know it will bring more problems now that I have the expression pedal figured out (and have to press kind of hard to activate the virtual switch). Thoughts, suggestions?

Sounds like the adapter isn't working correctly / may be faulty. If your speakers have an 1/8" input that is likely stereo so you'd want to go from both the balanced outputs on the back (which are 1/4") into the 1/8" input or (probably a much more direct and easy connection) go from the headphone output on iRig Stomp I/O to your powered speaker. You may want to ask IK Support for additional advice there, too, if this doesn't help.

Thanks, Peter. I think I'll try that first option- an adapter that connects the 1/8" speaker input into the two 1/4" outputs on the Stomp (by the way, would that be 1/4" mono jacks?). The second option is not possible, if I'm understanding you correctly. The speakers can't plug directly into the headphone jack b/c the input is 1/8"; that's why I had to get the 1/4" adapter. Like you said, could be faulty adapter.
kdangelo22

Postby jhudas88 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:25 am

I preordered my Irig stomp I/O long time ago. eversince I used it I never felt any difficulties. I used to play on a church and the presets that I used were my own. I play it with a laptop through a long usb cord into the back stage. :geek: then from irig stomp i/o to an amp(which serves as my monitor) to a DI then to behringer xr18. the only thing I notice is that whenever I switch presets from a high gain to a clean I notice a loud sharp sound so I need to adjust the volume through the built in expression pedals just to minimize it. and one more thing, those it has something to do with my laptop? i'm using a 4gb ram and an i5 processor.
jhudas88

Postby Tpstreet » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:17 pm

So I have the irig stomp and I'm planning to use it for studio recording. So far I can only get it to work in the standalone mode of AmpliTube 4, and not within my DAW. Does it work within a DAW, and if so, how?

Thanks.
Tpstreet

Postby adibhanna » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:04 am

I bought the Stomp I/O, and I want to use it with some existing pedals and an Amp that I have.

Basically, I'll be using Amplitube with Stomp I/O just as pedals without amp modeling.

How do I go about doing this? how do I use external pedals with Stomp I/O?
adibhanna

Postby smcvey » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:17 pm

Thought I would post a picture of my "Live Rig." Here are the components:

- IK Stomp I/O (In Stomp mode so the buttons turn pedals on/off)
- Tech 21 MIDI Mongoose (To change presets)
- IK iKlip
- iPad gen 5
- On-Stage GPA1003 (Weighted Mic Stand - Slides under the Stomp I/O and can accommodate three mic and guitar stands)
- Short Mic Shaft (To hold the iPad. I can add the long one when I need a mic)
- One-inch rubber feet (Needed the Stomp I/O to be higher off the ground so it would rest on the floor and not the mic stand)

smcvey

Postby Madmatt039 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:38 pm

Hi I just got irig stomp NS m using a windows laptop to control it the thing is it is lacking features like live and its nothing like the videos I have seen. am using Amplitube v4.8.1
can anyone tell me if that feature is on the windows based software and how to get it or if it is only for mac ihpne and ipad
thanks Matt
Madmatt039

Postby pamajmudar » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:32 pm

Hi smcvey. I like your set up. Can you explain to me how you use the mongoose with the stomp i/o? Newbie here so trying to make sense of all the great information on the forum. Thanks
pamajmudar

Postby smcvey » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:36 pm

Very easy. Just plug the Mongoose into the back of the Stomp I/O with a 5-pin MIDI cable. It will automatically perform bank and patch switching. Then hold down Stomp I/O switches 3 and 4 to set the Stomp I/O in Stomp mode where it will turn on and off the pedals in your patch.
smcvey

Postby pamajmudar » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:37 pm

Thanks smcvey.
Maybe i just dont get it yet as i havent had time to play with stomp io much. But if the stomp io has 100+ presets already (clean, crunch etc plus the option to make your own), what additional benefit does the mongoose controller give? If you have time a short video would help a lot but no worries if you cant. Thanks!
pamajmudar

PreviousNext

Return to Interfaces & Controllers