iRig Keys i/o 49 doesn't work when used as output

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Keys i/o 49 doesn't work when used as output

Postby djmash » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:19 am

Hi all,
I recently purchased iRig Keys i/o 49, mostly to use with iOS, which works perfectly, but decided that I wanted to make use of it on my Mac, too. When I set it up on Ableton Live 9 as the audio input device and output device, and plugged my headphones into the keyboard, I found that midi events would work for about half a minute max then the sound cut off completely, and the imput status light on the key/midi map remote in the top right corner went yellow, still receiving midi input.
I thought it might have been that I was using a USB extension cable, but when I plugged directly into the mac, the same thing happened. I reconfigured the output audio to the inbuilt driver, and lo and behold it works perfectly. I didn't have this problem using the keyboard on iOS.
Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to fix it? I'm lucky that my headphone cable is long enough that I can use it from the Mac comfortably, otherwise it would be very inconvenient.
Cheers in advance!
djmash

Re: iRig Keys i/o 49 doesn't work when used as output

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:19 pm

That's definitely not the expected behavior. I would also open a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/ if you have not done so already as I'm sure they can assist with this issue.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: iRig Keys i/o 49 doesn't work when used as output

Postby djmash » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:30 am

Thanks. Will do.
djmash

Return to Interfaces & Controllers