HELP! iRig Keys I/O 25 not working on Cubase

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

HELP! iRig Keys I/O 25 not working on Cubase

Postby federicosoler » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:47 pm

Hello, I'm having some major problems here with some tight deadlines so excuse me if I sound a bit frustrated with my writing.

I recently bought an iRig Keys 25 I/O controller. I noticed it doesn't come with a driver which makes it very difficult for me to setup it up in Cubase because it (apparently) uses the GENERIC LOW LATENCY ASIO DRIVER option within the Studio Setup-VST Audio System.

That's the same as my LENOVO notebook's native audio card. How would I know when I'm using my new audio interface instead of the native audio card if they use the same driver?

It doesn't have a dedicated control panel for me to tweak buffer settings individually for example.

Problem #1: How do I make sure I'm using the iRig interface and not my native audio card.

Problem #2: I can select iRig audio outputs to hear what's coming out of Cubase from the controller's headphone jack but I can't select its input to record. I can see the mic plugged in and working from the Sound menu in Windows but inside Cubase, it's not visible. How can this be possible? How can I see the outputs for the iRig and not the inputs?

Problem #3: I don't know how to configure the PLAY and RECORD buttons to control the transport from my controller. Why isn't this automatic? What do I have to tweak in order to control this?

Please, help me out with this. Any information will be much appreciated.
federicosoler

Re: HELP! iRig Keys I/O 25 not working on Cubase

Postby federicosoler » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:14 pm

Okay, so I installed the ASIO4ALL software from here:

LINK: http://www.asio4all.org/

But first I uninstalled all iRig drivers I could find on the Device Manager in Windows 10 with the controller off. When I turned on again it automatically reinstalled whatever driver it needed to work.

Then, I installed the ASIO4ALL software, went into Cubase, selected ASIO4ALL as my primary driver from the Studio Setup - VST Audio System dialog.

Clicked on Control Panel and there it was, the option to select iRig as a driver instead of the Realtek High Definition driver that comes natively with my Lenovo notebook.

I was so dang happy. Now, I can select my inputs and outputs, my mic works correctly and can even select buffer settings from the ASIO4ALL control panel.

Thank God.

Thanks ASIO4ALL.
federicosoler

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:21 pm

According to the Specs page you should need to install ASIO4ALL for Windows 7 & 8, but WASAPI for Windows 10 is supported. I know it is working, but if you'd like to explore WASAPI support for Windows 10 the support team may be able to offer deeper technical assistance there. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby federicosoler » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:25 pm

Thank you, Peter. I'm exploring WASAPI as we speak since ASIO4ALL causes the Cubase play head to be delayed and out of sync with the actual audio you hear. There's no audio latency just the play head moves late.

Do you have any idea how to configure the PLAY and RECORD buttons to control Cubase? They don't play any MIDI note so I can't assign them to my transport for remote control. What do I do?
federicosoler

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:26 pm

federicosoler wrote:Thank you, Peter. I'm exploring WASAPI as we speak since ASIO4ALL causes the Cubase play head to be delayed and out of sync with the actual audio you hear. There's no audio latency just the play head moves late.

Do you have any idea how to configure the PLAY and RECORD buttons to control Cubase? They don't play any MIDI note so I can't assign them to my transport for remote control. What do I do?

I'm not at a machine with Cubase or with my iRig Keys I/O at the moment, so I'd recommend asking support if there's an easy way to set that up in Cubase.

Edit - also because I know it requires another step/software to enable such control in GarageBand and Logic: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=13478
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby federicosoler » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:41 pm

I see, well WASAPI is too difficult to understand for me. I don't really understand what's an audio session or what program should I download. Do you have a step by step guide to replacing ASIO4ALL with WASAPI?
federicosoler

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:44 pm

federicosoler wrote:I see, well WASAPI is too difficult to understand for me. I don't really understand what's an audio session or what program should I download. Do you have a step by step guide to replacing ASIO4ALL with WASAPI?

I do not. Support may be able to offer deeper technical assistance with that.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby federicosoler » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:50 pm

Found the playhead delay cause. An instance of T-RackS 5 Suite was causing the problem. I removed it and now it plays back okay.
federicosoler

Return to Interfaces & Controllers