BlueBoard Firmware Updater "Waiting for search indexing..."

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

BlueBoard Firmware Updater "Waiting for search indexing..."

Postby nigel.wiggins » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:17 pm

I'm trying to update the firmware and get the message "Waiting for search indexing to stop, please wait....". This has been displayed for several hours now. Is this normal?
nigel.wiggins

Re: BlueBoard Firmware Updater "Waiting for search indexing.

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:12 pm

That is not the normal experience. I would recommend contacting IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/ and they can troubleshoot and will assist you directly. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby nigel.wiggins » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:23 pm

Thank you. I've created a ticket and will wait for a call...

It would be smart to supply these units with the new firmware.

Also, buying a product specifically for Mac and finding out you need a Windows PC to update it left me feeling frustrated. I've already struggled enough with the poor instructions for connecting to Mac/Mainstage AND then need to find a Mac compatible Bluetooth 4 LE adapter!

Suggestion: If you bring out a new version, allow it to operate via USB and move the USB port to a more accessible location.
nigel.wiggins

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:30 pm

Any units that ship out after a firmware update have the latest firmware.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby nigel.wiggins » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:02 pm

I received the unit a few days ago.

Your website gives the following advice:

Hold down button A while starting up iRig BlueBoard, if it lights up, you already have the most recent firmware installed and do not need to update. If it doesn't light up and you can only press and hold the D button upon startup for iRig BlueBoard to light up, then the firmware can be updated.

This confirms that my unit has the old firmware
nigel.wiggins

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:26 pm

Sometimes there is older stock (still the same as newer hardware-wise) that may ship out first (especially from dealers) that may not have the newest firmware. This can happen with any hardware, it is not uncommon. I’m sure IK Support can assist you with the problem you are having.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby forum@josh.ch » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:02 pm

Any update on this? I'm also getting this error message, and nothing's happening after hours and hours...

I also had to find a Windows 8 computer to run the Windows updater (for a mac product, how absurd!). It would be really nice if I could finish the firmware upgrade now.
forum@josh.ch

Postby forum@josh.ch » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:46 pm

Well, it finally worked! I could finally update my old iRig BlueBoard. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I created a new topic with extensive explanations here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24780

Cheers.
forum@josh.ch

Return to Interfaces & Controllers