Programing Midi channels and sets on iRig Keys Pro

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Programing Midi channels and sets on iRig Keys Pro

Postby ungita » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:41 am

(Programing Midi channels and sets on iRig Keys Pro)

Hi there,

I'm new in this world of MIDI controllers and, despite the keyboard being very simple (and I read the manual), I'm still facing some difficulties like setting it up using Logic software. I need the basics about the set up. I don't know how to deal with programs and sets in the controller. I tried a lot of videos on you tube and tutorials on the internet but I still can't find the information I need - you would do good if you could make a video about it and upload it to you tube for other people who may have the same idiot doubts as me. If you could give me the basics of how to use programs and sets and, what is what, what things can be done with programs and sets, I'd be really thankful.

Yours,
Tatiana.
ungita

Re: Programing Midi channels and sets on iRig Keys Pro

Postby DarkStar » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:18 pm

Hello ungita and welcome to the forum.

I do not know Logic in detail, so may be misunderstanding you. Could you please describe what you mean by "programs and sets"? And what you would use them for? Then iRig Keys Pro users will be able to give you some specific advice.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby ungita » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:12 pm

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Program - programming midi channels, I think.

Set - I didn't really get to understand this function and what it is for, but there is a possibility to have 4 "sets".

I don't know what I would use them for.

:(
ungita

Postby DarkStar » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:57 pm

OK

To change the MIDI channel have a look at "Set the MIDI Transmit Channel" in the iRig_Keys_Pro_User_Manual. This will cause subsequent MIDI Notes to be sent on the selected MIDI channel.

For example, if you have loaded SampleTank 3 (ST3) into Logic, you can load several different instruments into ST3, each one can receive MIDI notes on a different channel. So, with the keyboard set to MIDI channel 01, one instrument in ST3 will be triggered. With the keyboard set to MIDI channel 02, another instrument in ST3 will be triggered. And so on, up to 16 different instruments.

As for "Sets":
A "Set" is just a way of storing / recalling a particular keyboard configuration. You configure the keyboard the way you want (MIDI channel, Transposition, CC assignment, velocity response etc) and save all the settings as a Set. Change the configuration and set it as a second set. You can save up to 4 Sets.

To select the next Set: press the SET button.

As a simple example, you could program a different MIDI channel in each set. Then it is very quick to switch the MIDI channel to trigger a different sound in ST3.

You can download the User Manual from here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigkeyspro/index.php?pp=irig-keys-pro-manuals
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby ungita » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:18 am

Thanks a lot! I think I can understand better now.
ungita

Postby DarkStar » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:15 pm

You're welcome. :)
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Interfaces & Controllers