STOMP I/O STANDALONE PROGRAMMING

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

STOMP I/O STANDALONE PROGRAMMING

Postby andrea.zuppelli » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:16 pm

Hi!
Excited to this new piece of hardware... It' the natural completion for our AT4!!!!

I have read that il will be also be capable to work in standalone.
As I am tempted to use it with my Marshall JMP1 + TC ELECTRONIC GMAJOR2 in live preformarce in order to replace my LAAARGE Behringer FCB1010, I would like to know how it will menage mixed CC and PC controls.

I have an option on the FCB1010 to program the pedalboard in "stomp" mode (with UNO CHIP), so when I change the preset on the rig, the leds on the pedalborad reflect the status (on/off) of the stomps in the GMajor 2 patch. (e.g. if REVERB is on into preset 1, the stomp led on the pedalbroad is on, because you have stored it to stay on the pedalboard memory on that preset number. If on the preset 2 reverb is off, the led reverb on the pedalborad, when you go to preset 2, the stomp led will turn OFF and so on). You can program the pedalboard in order to store the led status patch by patch (with a management sw)...

Will our new Stomp I/O be programmable in order to have that kind of standalone behaviuor? I hope so!!! Thank you so much!

Bye,

Andrea
andrea.zuppelli

Re: STOMP I/O STANDALONE PROGRAMMING

Postby zenaxe » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:03 pm

I'm considering pre-ordering one of these but would really like to get a look at the manual as a pdf or similar.
zenaxe

Postby jjguitar » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:59 am

I'm considering pre-ordering one of these but would really like to get a look at the manual as a pdf or similar.

+1 :!:
Gear: Amplitube 5
Guitars: Heritage H-150, Gibson LP, Melancon Strat, Haar Strat, ESP Ron Wood Tele w/ stainless steel frets
jjguitar

Postby andrea.zuppelli » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:44 pm

Good Idea, in order to invest 299 + vat euros...
Having access to the full deep features explained into the manual could led me to order this pedalboard.
Right now I have to pass on this if nobody can answer me.
andrea.zuppelli

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:13 pm

There will be no separate editor software but there is direct integration with AmpliTube and VocaLive and you can use iRig Stomp I/O as a standalone MIDI controller to control parameters in other software via MIDI Learn in said software.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby andrea.zuppelli » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:45 pm

Hi Peter,

thank you so much for your answer,
it's not clear to me. But I am Italian so maybe I have not been able to express myself in a comprehensive way....

In the I/O Stomp presentation page it's witten:

" Rig Stomp I/O can be used without a device as a stand-alone MIDI foot controller that can be integrated with regular hardware rigs and used to control outboard processors that accept MIDI patch change and continuous controls.

So, how can I program (and at wich level of programming) the pedalboard in order to interact with my guitar Hardware Rigs that accept either incoming PC and CC controls ? (Marshall JMP1 and TC Electronic G-Major II, for example, are my exeternal Midi hardware rigs).

Bye! :-)

Andrea
andrea.zuppelli

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:47 pm

iRig Stomp I/O sends MIDI CC and PC messages. Your software/hardware will typically respond to these messages (bank up/down, etc etc) as standard but if you need reprogramming or customization there will be no specific editor made to customize these.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby andrea.zuppelli » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:50 pm

Thank you so much for the info :-)
andrea.zuppelli

Postby zenaxe » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:26 pm

This is why I would like to see the manual, though. I would like to know what MIDI CCs it generates, whether they are latching or momentary, how modes are selected, how the external pedals are treated if they are switches (CCs? PCS? mode dependent?) or how they are treated if using exp pedals instead (what CC# is it going to control?)

I have a blueboard but its lack of flexibility has made it kind of difficult to utilize to its full potential. The stomp again, like the BB, only has 4 switches and if it suffers the same kind of limitations as the BB may not be a good general solution and since you are very specifically saying that this is not going to be configurable either, the details are *much* more important to a prospective customer with multiple use cases.

I have Amplitube and love it but that is not the only software I use. It is also not the only scenario I would use this board in, I might use it with a dedicated processor as a MIDI controller many processors do not have a MIDI learn. If the I/O is very IK specific or non-configurable I may look at a competing product as an alternative. It definitely looks promising, though, that's why the manual or MIDI implementation chart would be beneficial.
zenaxe

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:37 pm

A manual will not likely be available until release.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers