Irig keys I/O 25 doesn't work with batteries

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Irig keys I/O 25 doesn't work with batteries

Postby magicman412 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:53 pm

Hi, my new Irig keys I/O 25 doesn't work with batteries! When I instaled the batteries and turned the switch to battery power, it wouldn't power up. I tried installing new batteries and plugging it into my iPad 5th gen, but just get the insufficient power message. I'm not sure if this is significant but I had to use the din to USB connector - into an iPad connection kit because they shipped it with 2 USB connectors instead of one USB and one Lightning cable. But shouldn't it light up with the batteries install and the switch set to battery?
magicman412

Re: Irig keys I/O 25 doesn't work with batteries

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:23 pm

You would want to use the Lightning cable with iOS devices. IK Support can assist you in getting the correct cabling. In general, IK Support would handle issues like those you mention and they can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby magicman412 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:11 pm

Thanks for the reply. I'm waiting on support to ship the lightning cable to me, but shouldn't it light up with the batteries inserted and the switch set to battery power? It lights up set to usb when plugged in to the iPad connection kit with the switch set to usb or battery ... just doesn't control anything.
magicman412

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:50 pm

magicman412 wrote:Thanks for the reply. I'm waiting on support to ship the lightning cable to me, but shouldn't it light up with the batteries inserted and the switch set to battery power? It lights up set to usb when plugged in to the iPad connection kit with the switch set to usb or battery ... just doesn't control anything.

I believe it should but support can verify 100%.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby magicman412 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:07 am

Thanks again for your reply, I appreciate it. I contacted support and will see what they say.
magicman412

Return to Interfaces & Controllers