Will Stomp I/O control Bias FX

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Will Stomp I/O control Bias FX

Postby alderre » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:36 am

If so, take my money.
alderre

Re: Will Stomp I/O control Bias FX

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:05 pm

iRig Stomp I/O is a MIDI interface so any software that accepts MIDI messages for control will work. Though it comes with AmpliTube 4 Deluxe which is worth a lot and sounds great (due to IK's long heritage of amp modeling prowess).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby annamalay » Wed May 16, 2018 3:44 pm

Yes.

I’ve posted this copy on a number of threads as it is relevant.

I like it. I tested it on JamUp on my IPhone 5 and it worked great during rehearsal.

It work with Bias FX, ToneStack etc. Just need to set the CC in the effects apps directly to match the Stomp IO.

There is an issue trying to engage The hold on button 3 CC (32). It doesn’t work first up in other effects.

The work round is to use AmpliTube and turn on tuner using hold+Button 3. Close AmpliTube and then it works in BiAS FX, JamUp etc. Don’t forget to set the tuner to CC32 in those apps.

It also doesn’t charge my IPad Pro 10.5 and 12.9. Not sure if it’s an IOS 11.x issue. My IPhone 6 Plus doesn’t charge either. It’s on 11.x

The IPhone 5 charges fine it’s on 10.x
annamalay

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 16, 2018 3:57 pm

Please report any charging issues to the IK Support team and they will assist you directly.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby annamalay » Wed May 16, 2018 11:42 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Please report any charging issues to the IK Support team and they will assist you directly.

Done
annamalay

Postby redroc.k » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:16 am

Hi annamalay, configuring MIDI is completely new to me, but I’m working through getting the stomp i/o and bias fx to work together one switch at a time using the MIDI learn function.

There are a few things I can’t figure out, have you been able to make these work, and if so, how?

- Have you been able to assign a volume pedal to the i/o stomp onboard expression pedal?

- Have you been able to get the tuner to work?

- Have you been able to get tap tempo to work?

Thanks, looking forward to your response.
redroc.k

Postby annamalay » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:56 pm

Redroc

Set your volume pedal in Biasfx to CC#11
Set Wha on/off in Biasfx to CC#15 found in Settings midi assign. Then you can use the switch under volume to toggle wha.
Tap tempo does not work Stomp uses SysEx and not CC.

There is an issue trying to engage the hold on button 3 CC (32). It doesn’t work first up in other effects.

The work round is to use AmpliTube and turn on tuner using hold+Button 3. Close AmpliTube and the it works in BiAS FX, JamUp etc. Don’t forget to set the tuner to CC32 in those apps.
annamalay

Postby hermybear2002 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:57 pm

The product overall is a win, except I can't use it. I am a 'must have' tap tempo integration as I use a lot of multi-layered delays and modulation. To bad you had to use SysEx instead of CC. You would have sold a million of these regardless of the software used. Anyway, still a great product.
hermybear2002

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:33 pm

annamalay wrote:Redroc

Set Wha on/off in Biasfx to CC#15 found in Settings midi assign. Then you can use the switch under volume to toggle wha.

There is an issue trying to engage the hold on button 3 CC (32). It doesn’t work first up in other effects.

The work round is to use AmpliTube and turn on tuner using hold+Button 3. Close AmpliTube and the it works in BiAS FX, JamUp etc. Don’t forget to set the tuner to CC32 in those apps.

Have you reported these issues to IK Support? I'm sure they can assist and if there truly is an issue they will report the proper details to the devs
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:36 pm

Also, iRig Stomp I/O does use CC as per the product page and AmpliTube's MIDI control includes CC... Please see the following, and report any issues to IK Support.

iRig Stomp I/O can be used without a device as a stand-alone MIDI foot controller that can be integrated with regular hardware rigs and used to control outboard processors that accept MIDI patch change and continuous controls.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby axemanchris » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:00 pm

My workaround for the tuner was even simpler.

I set it to use button #4. It works no problem and I don’t use tap tempo anyways.

Chris
axemanchris

Postby annamalay » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:28 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
annamalay wrote:Redroc

Have you reported these issues to IK Support? I'm sure they can assist and if there truly is an issue they will report the proper details to the devs

Peter
Apologies for not responding back as I’d missed this message.

They had provided a new connector cable which works well.

Thanks you for your advice.
annamalay

Postby kdangelo22 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:10 am

Chris, I'm using ToneStack and also trying to assign the tuner to button 4. Unfortunately, it's not working. Button 4 is CC 23 right?
kdangelo22

Postby Tpstreet » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:45 pm

So I have an IPad 7, downloaded Amplitube for IPad. It doesn't control my presets or switch from preset to stomp, but I can hear sounds. My IPhone 6 worked. I reported it, IK said hold the 1st switch down, and unplug power and plugging back in. No change, and no other advice to get it to work. Help?
Tpstreet

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:14 pm

Tpstreet wrote:So I have an IPad 7, downloaded Amplitube for IPad. It doesn't control my presets or switch from preset to stomp, but I can hear sounds. My IPhone 6 worked. I reported it, IK said hold the 1st switch down, and unplug power and plugging back in. No change, and no other advice to get it to work. Help?

Please reply to them in your ticket to let them know that didn't work and they will continue to assist you and resolve your issue.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to Interfaces & Controllers