Sound problems with iRig 2 [Resolved by OP]

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Sound problems with iRig 2 [Resolved by OP]

Postby Nick_66 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:10 am

Hi all,

I just purchased the new iRIG2 interface but I am having sound problems with this device.

I plugged the iRIG2 into my iPhone 5 with the latest iOS and connected my guitar to the iRIG2.

When I plug in my headphone I only hear sound coming from the right ear. I did a search on internet and found the following:

Open the Settings on your iOS device, then tap on General > Accessibility. Scroll down until you see Mono Audio and make sure that is turned off.

When I switch ON Mono Audio I do hear sound coming from both ears!???

Why I set my iPhone to stereo I only hear sound coming from the left ear. Have I received a defective iRIG2?
Nick_66

Re: Sound problems with iRig 2

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:19 pm

I'm not sure what would cause that but I would consult IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/ who can diagnose more directly.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Sound problems with iRig 2

Postby Nick_66 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:09 pm

I have solved this problem.

I have reset my iPhone to the factory settings and know everything works as it should be.

This topic can be closed.
Nick_66

Return to Interfaces & Controllers