Reverse Sustain Pedal iRig Keys Pro

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Reverse Sustain Pedal iRig Keys Pro

Postby adictum » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:19 pm

I just bought the iRig keys pro and I'm having this problem with the pedal, I tried the sustain input with two different pedals that work perfectly fine with other keyboards, but it doesn't work the right way with this controller, it's actually a reverse or inverted effect.

When I press it down it doesn't sustain, and when I release it, it does, which is very strange and annoying for any keyboardist. I even tried the iRig keys 37 pro too, and I got the same problem, which makes me think that either these two keyboard controllers are designed that way or I am having an extremely bad luck to buy two different models with the exact same issue. :cry:

I actually returned the first one, iRig keys 37 pro, because of that, and now I got the same issue with the new one. I even made sure to plug the sustain pedal in before the controller was turned on or connected to the computer or smartphone, I did reset the keyboard, but nothing changed. I already contacted the customer support but they are not answering.

Does anyone have the same problem? How can I fix this?
adictum

Re: Reverse Sustain Pedal iRig Keys Pro

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:21 pm

Are you able to reverse the polarity on your sustain pedal? Many do have a switch to do so and it would resolve the issue. Worth asking, though I'm pretty sure you'd notice if yours had this option.

Edit: While many pedals have the physical option as noted above, you may also be able to try the following to reverse the polarity:

Plug the cable in while pedal is pressed.
Unplug the cable while pedal is pressed, then replug while not pressed.

IK Support will reply to your ticket typically within one business day. If you have been waiting longer please feel free to PM your ticket number to me and I'll have a team member take a look.

Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby kirci2008 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:16 pm

Hi
I have the same problem with my IRigPro and Casio SP-3 Pedal. It works reverse.
Unfortunately Casio SP-3 does not have reverse switch, I tried your soft solution suggestion but it didn't work .
I opened the Casio pedal to see if there is any chance to re-polarize it but it seems it is only one position ( I don't know if it is "normally open or closed since it is pressure sensitive switch).

I researched thru internet for further solutions and your method works for other brands (as Yamaha nd Alexis etc) ,but definitely doesn't work with IRIG . It means it is a bug of IRIG Keyboard.

I am expecting from IRig tech Team to solve this polarization problem issue by software patch.
I hope you can fix it as soon as possible.
Kind Regards
Cengiz
[removed email address - saved you from spam]
note: by the way , what position sustain pedal requires IRIG Pro ( NO or NC)
kirci2008

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:47 pm

This forum is not a medium for direct technical support. Please open a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/ and they will troubleshoot and assist you directly.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:54 pm

Note that iRig Keys Pro uses Normally Open. This should also be noted in the iRig Keys Pro manual available at http://www.ikmanual.com/irigkeyspro
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers