Blueboard Windos 10 driver?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Blueboard Windos 10 driver?

Postby MrChillaxo » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:03 pm

Just a short question since windows 10s anniversary update it supports Bluetooth MIDI will there be any drivers coming? :D
MrChillaxo

Re: Blueboard Windos 10 driver?

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:08 pm

Hi, I don't have any specific news on this but I will relay your suggestion to the team. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mark238 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:29 pm

This has been a top request for years and would be very helpful. Windows' support for Bluetooth has been the issue (until now). If you can publicly confirm this is on the development road map that would be helpful.
mark238

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:23 pm

mark238 wrote:This has been a top request for years and would be very helpful. Windows' support for Bluetooth has been the issue (until now). If you can publicly confirm this is on the development road map that would be helpful.

Hi, I do not have news that it is officially on a roadmap but I did alert the team so it would be on their radar. If I have any additional information in the future I'll post it here.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mark238 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:13 pm

you can never trust the media, but here's a news report from November that states you are working on Windows Support (quoting Alessandro Fiorletta):

https://www.fastcompany.com/3065620/most-innovative-companies/maybe-microsoft-isnt-ignoring-musicians-after-all

"IK Multimedia is working on Windows support now."
mark238

Postby klowy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:34 pm

I'm confused.

This is on the BlueBoard page:
"The iRig BlueBoard Firmware Updater requires Windows 7 or later"

So you cab update the firmware using a Windows computer, but can't use the BlueBoard?
klowy

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:21 pm

klowy wrote:So you cab update the firmware using a Windows computer, but can't use the BlueBoard?

Yes that is correct, the firmware installer had to be a Windows executable, unfortunately.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Ralion » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:33 pm

I connect my blueboard to the blueboard app on the ipad, then route the midi out of the ipad via the Midibridge app through a wifi-router and into my windows laptop via the rptMidi freeware. Then i can control whatever i want on the laptop. Works ok when you have set it up, but is potentially quite unstable, so a bit scary using it on gigs.

I can not for my life understand why ikmultimedia has not made a windows driver yet, with the midi implementation in windows 10 it should be peace of cake porting the mac-driver to windows.
Ralion

Postby Calviscerate » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:26 pm

Ralion wrote:I connect my blueboard to the blueboard app on the iPad, then route the midi out of the iPad via the Midibridge app through a wifi-router and into my windows laptop via the rptMidi freeware. Then i can control whatever i want on the laptop. Works ok when you have set it up, but is potentially quite unstable, so a bit scary using it on gigs.

I can not for my life understand why ikmultimedia has not made a windows driver yet, with the midi implementation in windows 10 it should be peace of cake porting the mac-driver to windows.

I'm still unsure about getting a Blueboard but if it can really work on Windows with this method then I'm sold.

Did you read/watch a tutorial for this or figured it out yourself cause I've been Googling this the whole day and found nothing! Do you know if Midibridge is the only app that can do this and is there any obvious latency?
Calviscerate

Postby Ralion » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:54 pm

Figured it out myself, have not seen anyone else mentioning this method with the blueboard. I think there might be some other apps like midibridge, but dont have their names. The latency is quite small, i push a button and a pedal turns on, or use the exp. pedal for volume swells, works just like hardware and in realtime :)
Ralion

Postby Calviscerate » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:58 pm

Ralion wrote:Figured it out myself, have not seen anyone else mentioning this method with the blueboard. I think there might be some other apps like midibridge, but dont have their names. The latency is quite small, i push a button and a pedal turns on, or use the exp. pedal for volume swells, works just like hardware and in realtime :)

Awesome, guess I'll have to get a Blueboard and give it a try.
Calviscerate

Postby Ralion » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:11 pm

Just post here if you dont get it to work. Ill try to hjelp you

One thing: it does not work out of the box like with the app. You send midi cc and program change messages to the pc which you attach to the right action on the pc
Ralion

Postby Catonlj2 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:12 am

Hi Ralion,
Could you explain the method for connecting Blueboard to Windows 10 PC please. Does it require a wifi router or P2P. I have a useless Blueboard at the moment bought for live use with Tripleplay (should have read the specs more carefully). Any advice would be welcome.
Catonlj2

Postby Ralion » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:48 pm

You need a wifi router and an ipad or iphone with the blueboard app and an app called Midibridge. Connect the blueboard to the ipad, connect the ipad to the wifi router. The pc must be connected to the same router. Install the freeware rptmidi on the pc and set up a midi connection from the midibridge app on the iPad to rptmidi on the pc. Then the blueboard sends midi messages (you set the blueboard app to send regular midi messages) to the pc via the ipad and router. I guess you can switch patches in the tripleplay software with the blueboard in that way. And if you install vnc (freeware) on the pc and on the iPad you can see the computerscreen on the ipad.

This setup is potentially unstable so gigging with it is a bit risky.
Ralion

Postby tommiecollins » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:15 am

Ralion wrote:You need a wifi router and an iPad or iPhone with the blueboard app and an app called Midibridge. Connect the blueboard to the iPad, connect the iPad to the wifi router. The pc must be connected to the same router. Install the freeware rptmidi on the pc and set up a midi connection from the midibridge app on the iPad to rptmidi on the pc. Then the blueboard sends midi messages (you set the blueboard app to send regular midi messages) to the pc via the iPad and router. I guess you can switch patches in the tripleplay software with the blueboard in that way. And if you install vnc (freeware) on the pc and on the iPad you can see the computerscreen on the iPad.

This setup is potentially unstable so gigging with it is a bit risky.

As my cousin returned from the USA, he told me that for an effective Wifi Router, if you have a perfect Router table then you will be able to connect the Internet through Blueboard. But your table should be according to the suitable of the Wireless Router. When you are ordering a broadband service, look out what features it has and what are you looking it for.
tommiecollins

Next

Return to Interfaces & Controllers