IRIG BLUEBOARD MACBOOKPRO

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

IRIG BLUEBOARD MACBOOKPRO

Postby j3silva » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:29 pm

Hello,
I need help setting up my new Irig Blueboard to my macbook pro and control amplitube 4 presets.

I did install the Blueboard app and communication with the controller (Blueboard) is OK.
So now how do I set it up Blueboard to control Amplitube, like turn on/off stomp-boxes or change program? I have tried the midi assignments but no luck.

I have looked online but the majority of tutorials are for iPads and in my case I'm running a laptop.

I have a macbook pro 2013 3ghz i7 osx 10.10.5

Thanks very much!
j3silva

Re: IRIG BLUEBOARD MACBOOKPRO

Postby jordangourley » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:10 pm

Having the same problem. blueboard works with the app but is not recognized in amplitube 3.

Also, no firmware update available for d-load for mac osx users?
jordangourley

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:00 pm

Please report your issues to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/ and they will troubleshoot and assist you directly.

Also, there is no Mac OS X firmware updater, no.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby halfcack » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:54 am

Hi, stupid question and I already know the answer.

Does BlueBoard control the transport on GarageBand ?

Why is it so difficult to do this. No one has been able to make a simple box play, rewind and record for GarageBand.

Thank you.
halfcack

Postby halfcack » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:17 pm

BlueBoard and irig I/o questions.

By lack of response I would guess that Blueboard will never be able to control the transport function on iOS GarageBand, 12, 13, OS

I will be happy with no it won’t so I can move on.

I’ve had two irig I/o's. Is the 49 compatible with iOS 12 and upcoming iOS 13 OS in every area mentioned above, guaranteed.

Designed for iOS exclusively, I read now it is only compatible with Mac or win partially.

Last. The pitch bend/vibrato controls are the only methods in my life I could not get use to.

Is there a way to desensitize them so a pitch bend can be made, just one full step, up and down, even.

Do the transport controls work on iOS 12, 13, OS still or not.

Does the audio section work or not.

I would appreciate someone who has the ability to understand these issues and give me a yea or nay. Won’t happen in your lifetime geezer.

Thank you.
halfcack

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:36 pm

halfcack wrote:By lack of response I would guess that Blueboard will never be able to control the transport function on iOS GarageBand, 12, 13, OS

The iRig BlueBoard is a MIDI controller which is capable of sending a wide range of MIDI devices through it's various modes. This includes MIDI PC, MIDI CC, or MIDI Note On/Off messages. Unfortunately, the GarageBand app only accepts a limited set of MIDI messages. Due to the GarageBand app's limitations, the iRig BlueBoard cannot control this app's transport controls. Please feel free to contact Apple for more information on if this will change in the future.

Note* App's like AmpliTube for iOS will allow this kind of control. In AmpliTube use the Menu > Settings. There is an External Control settings option where you can enter the iRig BlueBoard or general MIDI settings. The upper right hand corners of these pages will offer global settings.

halfcack wrote:I’ve had two irig I/o's. Is the 49 compatible with iOS 12 and upcoming iOS 13 OS in every area mentioned above, guaranteed.

Designed for iOS exclusively, I read now it is only compatible with Mac or win partially.

Where did you read this? I am interested to see where this is being discussed. The iRig Keys I/O will work with iOS 12 without issue. This series of products were designed for Mac/PC and iOS use.

Note* iOS 13 is still in BETA. Unfortunately, until they get GM (Gold Master) build, we will not know exactly what the new update will bring. Don't worry, we keep these things in consideration for testing.

halfcack wrote:Last. The pitch bend/vibrato controls are the only methods in my life I could not get use to.

Is there a way to desensitize them so a pitch bend can be made, just one full step, up and down, even.

This is normally a software setting. In our apps like Syntronik CS, SampleTank CS, or even our Mac/PC SampleTank 4 all offer this control. This setting will be listed as (or something similar to...) Pitch Bend Range.

Hope this helps!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby halfcack » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:05 pm

Thank you so much.

The info not for iOS was found in a national music store or instruction manual.

Sometimes I get hazy on things but I remember Mac and pc. I also read functionality is limited.

I thank you. I have been researching the transport thing for months. My last hope was Mike Matthews. If EH doesn’t make it, it can’t be done.

With iOS after nine or ten of them. It either works or doesn’t. I’m not going to waste any more time on it.

Even Native Instruments had problems. After set up with SP4, boom. I sold it. The software was atrocious and the sounds which I always heard were the top did not impress me.

It was like looking inside a polymoog.

Thank you.
halfcack

Postby halfcack » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:27 pm

I just went to the last place I was.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/IK-Multime ... -I-O-49.gc

No indication quickly scanning of iOS. If you find as usual my operator error.

This was not the ad.

It was more official. Maybe a music website.

Thank you for all the information.

I just wonder with most of the music, random hits being made on iPads and mastered to Apple, then, heard on Netflix made for TV movies. Do they think someday, well, too much of a waste.

It takes 900 ms to boot and GB another 30 seconds. I plug in any midi keyboard and instant tracking.

I put up with Apple flaws. I never talk to anyone at the company and I don’t spend any money on apps.

I really miss blue screens, virii and loss of all data, personally.

Their politics irks me so I have nothing to say to them.

After nine perfect, flawless iPads from China, this year will be a hoot. I saw Best Buy marking down current models at 200$ off yesterday.
halfcack

Return to Interfaces & Controllers