Stealth Pedal & Windows 10

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Stealth Pedal & Windows 10

Postby Sayt0n » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:13 am

Hi,
I have bought a new laptop as my other laptop broke and I am trying to make the Stealth Pedal work with Windows 10 but none of the drivers install on Windows 10. No matter what I try, I cant get the drivers to take. Is there a plan to release new drivers for Windows 10 or will the Stealth Pedal be a useless piece of gear that I invested money in!? Does anyone have a workaround for this!?
Sayt0n

Re: Stealth Pedal & Windows 10

Postby rpodmore » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:54 pm

I'm having the same issue. Has this been resolved?
rpodmore

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:20 pm

I see that no user chimed in, so the best way to get help with an issue like this would be to contact IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they will help you out directly.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby stevexj220@gmail.com » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:06 pm

hi I'm steve xj220 I have windows 10 64 bit like you went through the same bsm
open amplitube 4 and the stealth pedal midi controller on the same screen on the stealth
pedal midi controller rock your pedal back and forth and you will see the staus lights
blinking. good news if you are using the wah pedal click right you will see midi assign tab
when you do rock your pedal back and forth. this has worked for me and it should do the trick
for you too let me know
stevexj220@gmail.com

Postby rpodmore » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:37 am

I did get the Stealth Pedal working with the midi interface. Thanks for the help everyone!!!
rpodmore

Postby yankydwad » Fri May 13, 2016 10:42 pm

I have the Stealth Pedal and wanted to use it with a Windows10 laptop. The driver wouldn't install giving failed error. Tried installing as administrator, failed ... tried windows 7 compatibility mode, failed, tried vista compatibility, failed. Windows wanted to have a look and help, and helpfully they said "failed". Apparently the thing is not compatible.
So I looked closer, and during installation of the driver, the installer asks where to install it, and choose its folder. I went there during install and a folder called "drivers" is created there, but disappears as soon as the installer failed.
So get this ... I installed again, waited for the driver folder to be created and immediately copied those files BEFORE the fail. You got about 4 seconds. Let it fail, files disappeared, but I had'em pasted. Plugged it in, went to device manager where it was up as Composite USB Device , told it where the driver files now were, and BOOM, it installed fine, and went in the audio device section with the right name and all. Amazing. Detected in amplitube and everything. So it's the installer, not the drivers, that have the problem. Frankly, that's a bit lame. They could jut make the drivers available like that without installer, but as far as I can tell they don't.
yankydwad

Postby Peter_IK » Fri May 13, 2016 11:37 pm

The issue you ran into doesn't happen to all users, so if IK Support is presented with this issue by those who do they will walk you through these steps. I believe it is also slated for the IK FAQ too. Glad you got it sorted.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby howarddavidp » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:09 am

This is from my other post, I got everything working under Windows 10 x64...

So, then I got cocky, and I also got Rig Kontrol 3 working (except the channel change buttons and tuner button), and I also got Firebox (circa2007) working, in additioanl top my iRig PRO and HD. So yeah, I am happy, and confident, I can make anything work with AT4 now :)

I got the SP MIDI Control Program to install on Windows 10 64 bit. I went through so much trying to get this to work. I am running Amplitube 4 MAX. When I would run the MIDI controller program install, it would fail, and not copy any of the files or executables to the folder, so I could not run the program. I would get a pop-up saying Installed failed, setup is quitting.

Here is what nobody has seemed to mention, at least I have only seen bits and pieces of it:

#1 - Install the 64 bit driver, even though it is supposed to be for Windows 7.

#2 - Unplug your SP from the USB.

#3) Go into Windows-> Control Panel -> User Accounts - > Change User Account Control settings

#4) Slide it all the way to the bottom, NEVER NOTIFY.

#5) Reboot.

#6) Install it again. You will still get an error, but this time, the files are there, and you CAN launch the program.

It is now safe to plug your SP back in, and it should see the SP now as a MIDI interface.

I thought before it was my Windows 7-64bit install, so I upgraded to Windows 10 64bit. Same issue, but this time I tried to disabled the UAC, and installed with the pedal unplugged.

I am going to try this on Windows 7 again (I copied my Drive BEFORE I upgraded, so I have the old drive to test it on).

Hopefully, this will help someone else. Ironically, I already ordered another MIDI controller pedal, but this one can do much more than the SP. For those that are interested, the NI Rig Kontrols, and the Line6 FBV Shortboards MK2's work. I might even get a Behringer FCB1010 and the new BIOS chip to see what else works and report back.

Dave
howarddavidp

Postby flaviolima » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:34 pm

Does anyone found the Midi driver for Stealth Pedal?
The only thing I can find at Ik support site is the ASIO driver (which isn`t working btw).
flaviolima

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:58 pm

flaviolima wrote:Does anyone found the Midi driver for Stealth Pedal?
The only thing I can find at Ik support site is the ASIO driver (which isn`t working btw).

You can get that in your IK User Area under "My Products" --> StealthPedal
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby flaviolima » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:55 pm

As I said before, the only thing a available is an useless asio driver.
I want the midi driver and couldn't find anywhere.
flaviolima

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:59 pm

flaviolima wrote:As I said before, the only thing a available is an useless asio driver.
I want the midi driver and couldn't find anywhere.

It should be in your IK User Area under "Related Downloads". If you don't see it there (you'll have to have registered your StealthPedal) please contact IK Support and they'll assist you directly to see why that is so.

Edit - they are definitely there. I see them in my personal User Area that has StealthPedal registered. If this is not the case for you, please open a ticket.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers