Blueboard Mode???

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Blueboard Mode???

Postby graze » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:52 pm

Hi all,
I've bought the Blueboard but can't understand the difference between "Blueboard mode" "Midi over Bluetooth mode 1" and "Midi over Bluetooth mode 2". The little book that comes with it just has pictograms but no information! Am I supposed to know what this is?
thanks
G
graze

Re: Blueboard Mode???

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:40 pm

Where are you seeing references to these modes? Thank you
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby graze » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:16 pm

In the manual/booklet in the box

G
graze

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:45 pm

graze wrote:In the manual/booklet in the box

G

Ah, sorry, got it now. The PDF manual should be updated soon too as we announce this new support of MIDI over Bluetooth. The modes you mention can be explained as follows:

These are the specifications for the MIDI over Bluetooth mode 1:

Transmit Channel: 1 / Receive Channel: 1

Transmitting:
Switch A: note C3, vel 100, momentary action Switch B: note D3, vel 100, momentary action Switch C: note E3, vel 100, momentary action Switch D: note F3, vel 100, momentary action
Exp Pedal 1: CC#12 Exp Pedal 2: CC#13

Receiving:
Led A: note C3, momentary action Led B: note D3, momentary action Led C: note E3, momentary action Led D: note F3, momentary action

These are the specifications for the MIDI over Bluetooth mode 2:

Transmit Channel: 1 / Receive Channel: 1

Transmitting:
Switch A: CC#20, 127 when pressed, 0 when released, momentary operation Switch B: CC#21, 127 when pressed, 0 when released, momentary operation Switch C: CC#22, 127 when pressed, 0 when released, momentary operation Switch D: CC#23, 127 when pressed, 0 when released, momentary operation
Exp Pedal 1: CC#12 Exp Pedal 2: CC#13

Receiving:
Led A: CC#20, ≥ 64 lights up LED, < 64 turn off LED, toggle operation Led B: CC#21, ≥ 64 lights up LED, < 64 turn off LED, toggle operation
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby graze » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:41 pm

Peter,

thanks for that,

and what is "Blueboard mode"? Why would I need it and how does that differ from starting Blueboard with no buttons pushed?

thanks

Graze
graze

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:35 pm

graze wrote:Peter,

thanks for that,

and what is "Blueboard mode"? Why would I need it and how does that differ from starting Blueboard with no buttons pushed?

thanks

Graze

BlueBoard mode would be the normal operation where you use the BlueBoard app (or with AmpliTube where BlueBoard functionality is directly integrated). No buttons pushed would initially be BlueBoard mode, but you can change it back if you've set your BlueBoard to one of the other modes.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby goran.krmac » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:58 pm

Finally, I have figured out how to connect MIDI over Bluetooth to my iPad! :D

1. Make sure your BlueBoard has firmware 1.2.0. installed. (Don't know exactly how to check it, but if I turn mine on while pressing the B or C button, that button lights up for a second or so.)
  2. Make sure your iPad is running at least iOS 8 (the first iOS version compatible with MIDI over Bluetooth).
  3. Download the free midimittr app from the App Store.
  4. Set your BlueBoard to MIDI over Bluetooth mode 1 or 2 by holding the B or C button, then turn it on.
  5. Make sure Bluetooth is turned on on your iPad. :)
  6. In midimittr, open the Clients tab, where you should find your Blueboard. If not, go to the Advertisement tab and enable 'Advertise MIDI Service'.
  7. From the Clients tab in midimittr, connect to your BlueBoard.
  8. Go to the Routing tab and check your Blueboard both in the Sources and Destination lists to enable two-way communication (for LED feedback - I suspect this feature would be supported depending on each individual music app).
  9. Go to your app of choice and set up your BlueBoard as an input device. Voila`! :)
goran.krmac

Postby guillebona » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:28 pm

Thanks for the advise . I have also figured how to change modes and still get connected to my Macbook.
If you want to have the Blueboard send Notes, you turn it on with the B button pressed on. If you want the Blueboard to send CC's you turn it on with the C button pressed. If you want to return to the "Blueboard Mode" you turn it on with the A button pressed.

To get connected while you are in the B or C button mode , you open AudioMIDI setup in your Mac, then open the MIDI Studio window, double click on the Bluetooth icon, click on the "advertise" box, turn off and on again your Blueboard , and you should see it on the device list in the Bluetooth configuration window. CLick on the "connect" box and your Mac should now start receiving the MIDI commands directly from the Blueboard.

The Blueboard device will appear on your DAW or VST Host ( Plogue Bidule for example ) , as "Bluetooth IK Multimedia IK000041"
guillebona

Postby hartsteins1 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:48 am

Is there any way to send backlight values?

I can toggle LED on/ off with matching midi signal at either < 65 or > 65 but I would like to set a minimum backlight value as well.

Thank you for your help
hartsteins1

Postby MattJF » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:12 pm

hartsteins1 wrote:Is there any way to send backlight values?

I can toggle LED on/ off with matching midi signal at either < 65 or > 65 but I would like to set a minimum backlight value as well.

Thank you for your help

Appreciate this is an old thread, but I too am looking to have backlights on for the buttons on the BlueBoard in B mode. How do you toggle them on or off in this mode please?
MattJF

Return to Interfaces & Controllers