iRig Keys I/O Doesn't Work with [mod edit] my iPad

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Re: iRig Keys I/O Doesn't Work with [mod edit] my iPad

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:55 pm

Themaroneys wrote:Same here, no ability to get sounds to come out of the iPad. Is this supposed to be? Has anyone gotten a response from iRig on this?? :x

I would recommend opening your own ticket so they can take a look directly at your situation and resolving it directly with you. You should have plug and play MIDI controller capability with any app that accepts MIDI control and the same with the audio interface portion with any DAW/recording app that accepts digital audio input.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby petercapel » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:50 pm

I have the same problem. No sound coming from Garageband on my iPad Mini 4 or my iPhone 8. It will start playing for a few seconds, then cut out. With no way of getting it back. It will only play through the headphone jack on the Keys I/O. I will open my own support ticket, but it seems to me this is not an isolated issue.
petercapel

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:01 am

petercapel wrote:I have the same problem. No sound coming from Garageband on my iPad Mini 4 or my iPhone 8. It will start playing for a few seconds, then cut out. With no way of getting it back. It will only play through the headphone jack on the Keys I/O. I will open my own support ticket, but it seems to me this is not an isolated issue.

It is best to open a support ticket even if it is possibly not unique to you as they can gather information from people having the problem and present as much detail as possible to the developers as necessary.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby petercapel » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:47 pm

I have opened up a support ticket and gotten a response:

Do note, the iRig Keys I/O 25 does include a headphone port and line outputs to send signal to external speakers or headphones. By iOS design this disabled the iOS built-in speakers and headphone port. This unfortunately cannot be changed at this time as this is by Apple's design.

As I already feared, it is not a bug in my unit, but a result of Apple's design that affects every Keys I/O. I think IK should be clearer in communicating about this and not refer people to support, since it is not an isolated problem, but a 'feature' of every iOS device. There is no sound coming from an iPad and, as it stands now, there never will be. The only way is to plug speakers or a headphone into the Keys I/O.
petercapel

Postby unclekenlee » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:11 am

I connected a blue tooth speaker to my iPad and I heard all the sound.
unclekenlee

Postby petercapel » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:34 am

Interesting, bluetooth might work. But i'm guessing you'll experience some latency while playing, or not?
petercapel

Postby pcasanovas » Sat May 19, 2018 8:14 am

It worked for 10min. Until some heavy glitches and drop outs makes this really unuseable!
Bought a new iPad and this controller - can't use it. Hunderts of bucks trown out the window....there goes my IK experience :(
pcasanovas

Postby Peter_IK » Sat May 19, 2018 1:53 pm

pcasanovas wrote:It worked for 10min. Until some heavy glitches and drop outs makes this really unuseable!
Bought a new iPad and this controller - can't use it. Hunderts of bucks trown out the window....there goes my IK experience :(

That is not the typical experience. Please open a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/ if you have not already done so and they will happily assist you with this issue.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby roeljamesbonsay » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:25 pm

I have the same problem as well. I got my irigkeys io 49 last May. I have been using it with my iPad 2 and was working so fine until 2nd week of June, my iPad just prompted that the device is not compatible. I did not make any update of my OS as I already have the latest version. Same with my Sampletank and Barageband, I did not change anything.

The controller is working with my android device though. But Sampletank is not available in android so now the controller has become useless for me. I have opened a ticket but have not heard back. Do you guys know of any solition to this?
roeljamesbonsay

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:47 pm

Best way to resolve issues like this is to work directly with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/ and they will surely assist.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby gulinodesign » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:32 am

I have a problem with irig key i / o 49 and the new iPad Pro with usb-c. when I connect the two devices work for a few seconds. After it happens that midi communication stops and no longer works. has anyone ever had the same problem?
gulinodesign

Postby gulinodesign » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:36 am

I have a problem with irig key i / o 49 and the new iPad Pro with usb-c. when I connect the two devices with an original mini-din usb-c cable, they work for a few seconds. After it happens that midi communication stops and no longer works. has anyone ever had the same problem?
With the old iPad and cable lighting everything works properly.
gulinodesign

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:15 pm

This is not a technical support forum. Please read through out rules and guidelines at the link below. This forum is for user to user discussion.

https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=19505

Please contact the IK Multimedia technical support team at the link below and PM me your Ticket Number once sent in.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

The team should be able to help figure this out for you and offer a solution.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Previous

Return to Interfaces & Controllers