My recording is in mono (not in stereo) - iRig Pro I/O

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

My recording is in mono (not in stereo) - iRig Pro I/O

Postby nhakamies » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:39 am

Hello!
I recorded nature sounds with my iRig Pro I/O using a Samsung (Android) phone. My mic is sE x1A. But when I listen to the recording afterwards, I can hear the sound only in mono (i.e. only one side of my headset has sound). Which settings do I need to use to make it sound in stereo? Is it in the iRig or in my phone that I need to change the settings? Thanks heaps!
Nina
nhakamies

Re: Help: My recording is in mono (not in stereo) - iRig Pro

Postby Dakhankine1 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:20 pm

I'm having the same problem with my new iRig Acoustic Stage pickup. I don't know how to fix? Anyone out there with a solution?

I have my iRig on my instrument, which is then plugged into my Focusrite Scarelett Solo. I used a few different recording software like Logitech Capture and Adobe Audition and it only records one channel.

Please help as I'm about to return this unit as it may be defective.

Rick
rick.khan@gmail.com
Dakhankine1

Re: My recording is in mono (not in stereo) - iRig Pro I/O

Postby nhakamies » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:25 am

Hi Rick,
I'm sorry to hear you're having the same issue.
Unfortunately, nobody from this forum has replied to my message. I don't think anyone actually follows these conversations. We might need to find another platform where people are more responsive. If you're successful, please let me know as I'm still encountering the same problem. Thanks and good luck!
Nina

Dakhankine1 wrote:I'm having the same problem with my new iRig Acoustic Stage pickup. I don't know how to fix? Anyone out there with a solution?

I have my iRig on my instrument, which is then plugged into my Focusrite Scarelett Solo. I used a few different recording software like Logitech Capture and Adobe Audition and it only records one channel.

Please help as I'm about to return this unit as it may be defective.

Rick
rick.khan@gmail.com
nhakamies

Postby DarkStar » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:39 pm

The best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help.

Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby garfy » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:33 pm

As @DarkStar says, FAQs or a ticket to Official IK Support is normally the best route for issues. This is a user-to-user forum and so the responses you get will depend on whether other users are having the same problems with the same equipment.

That said, it's unlikely that you are experiencing a fault with either the iRig Pro I/O or the iRig Acoustic Stage. Both of these are mono pieces of equipment and so you will never get stereo from them. The iRig Pro I/O has a single XLR/jack combi input and the iRig Acoustic Stage is a single mic. These will report themselves to the recording software as such. It's possible that the DSP unit sends 2 channels through the USB if you have a secondary input plugged into the AUX connection, but it doesn't mention it in the user manual. I haven't used one so can't confirm how it would work.

What you can do (so you hear the audio in both sides of headphones/monitors) depends on what your recording software is and can do. If you have recorded a mono track then you could pan this centrally if your software allows and you will hear it through both left and right. Alternatively you might need to make this mono audio into a dual mono file which should also mean you get it in both sides of your headphones. It is possible that you have set the software to record a stereo file but, with only a single channel being reported to the software, it will only have recorded onto the left channel of the file. At this point it is going to come down to what your software allows and how you've recorded the audio you're having issues with.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Interfaces & Controllers