iRig Stomp IO Power Supply Fitment [Resolved]

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Stomp IO Power Supply Fitment [Resolved]

Postby _TEMP_ » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:52 pm

Hi,

I purchased the iRig Stomp IO recently and the provided Power Supply cannot be physically plugged into the pedal board. The connector on the power supply unit has literally the exact same diameter as the circular power input that's on the back of the pedal board. It doesn't appear to be a molding issue since it's not the metal faceplate on the pedal board that's blocking the PSU plug, but rather the part that's soldered onto the circuit board itself that's the problem. Or the PSU plug provided in the box was the wrong one, but it is the 3A which I think is the right one for the Stomp IO.

Does anyone else have an issue like this? Is there a bad batch coming from a factory?

I've already got a ticket opened with Support but I haven't heard anything in a few days.

Thanks.
_TEMP_

Re: iRig Stomp IO Power Supply Fitment

Postby apollo455 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:07 am

I just picked up my Stomp I/O today at Guitar Center after special ordering it, I hadn't plugged it in yet. I read your post and just tried mine, same problem here also. I've been reading over the user manual and watching some YouTube videos on setup to give it a try tomorrow. Not now. :oops:
apollo455

Postby _TEMP_ » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:55 pm

I also purchased mine from Guitar Center while it was on backorder. I have read multiple user manuals online, checked postings from owners, and watched a bunch of Youtube videos as well but no one else that has purchased this product prior to the current batch has this problem.
_TEMP_

Postby DarkStar » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:02 pm

Please continue to work with Hardware Support team to resolve the problem, especially as it does not seem to be a one-off.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby _TEMP_ » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:08 am

Just giving an update: IK support shipped a new power supply to me. The new power supply works for my pedalboard. The difference between the one in the box and the replacement is the replacement has a thinner plug which fits into the pedalboard, and a fatter brick which plugs into the wall outlet.
_TEMP_

Postby apollo455 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:02 am

Same here, I just received mine today also. Worked great.
apollo455

Re: iRig Stomp IO Power Supply Fitment [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:29 pm

I am glad that you both are now wired up. :)

------------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Interfaces & Controllers