Axe I/O Solo vs AXE I/O ... any downside?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Axe I/O Solo vs AXE I/O ... any downside?

Postby Kinketsu » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:59 am

I'm looking at Axe I/O Solo and it appears to have everything I need, and nice sale price right now.

It has enough inputs for my needs, and so far as I can tell, will produce balanced outputs.

So my main question ... is there any downside to this device being USB powered, rather than having dedicated power like AXE I/O? For instance, any issue with headphone output dynamics?

Anything else I should consider?

Thanks,
K
Kinketsu

Re: Axe I/O Solo vs AXE I/O ... any downside?

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:07 pm

The only real differences are number of I/O, no mains power, no tuner, no preset knob. I'm frankly surprised the external control and both MIDI IN and OUT are still there. It's a great little interface. I have two AXE I/O but I could definitely get away with using an AXE I/O Solo in the scenarios in which I use the second full AXE I/O.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Kinketsu » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:43 am

Thanks, Peter.

I'm still pondering. Those extras might be worth it to me.
Kinketsu

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:44 pm

Kinketsu wrote:Thanks, Peter.

I'm still pondering. Those extras might be worth it to me.

They are really great, though the USB-only and smaller form factor aspects of AXE I/O might be a bit more enticing for someone on the go. Though my second AXE I/O kind of "floats" between computers sometimes, I don't really take it anywhere outside of the home. But... that's a different issue entirely driving THAT these days, unfortunately! :(
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers