iRig Stream not working on any apps!?

AXE I/O, iRig Stomp I/O, StealthPlug, StealthPedal, StompIO Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Re: iRig Stream not working on any apps!?

Postby ryanleetoms » Sun May 03, 2020 2:14 am

I am getting very loud static as well and havent heard back from support :(
ryanleetoms

Postby sylver27 » Mon May 04, 2020 7:44 pm

bonjours je viens de recevoir mon appareil et tester aujourd’hui hui et voila ce qui ce passe je suis sur iPhone 7 et tous fonctionne bien pendants 15 minutes sur mon live sur Facebook puis tous d un coup la musique que je passe bug en boucle sur mon live mais pas sur mon contrôleur ddj sx 2 pionner les connections sont bien faite puisse que tous marche pendant 15 minutes plus ou moins et puis gros bug et ne fonctionne pas sur instagram
merci de me donner plus d info sur votre produit et configuration car je ne trouve pas ce produit aussi bien que vous le dite meme en suivant tous vos instruction et mode d emploie sur irig stream
sylver27

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 05, 2020 5:33 pm

Since no other users have chimed in with suggestions, I would suggest that you both open a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support if you have not done so already for direct and official technical support to resolve your issue. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby djtrekcho » Mon May 11, 2020 4:53 pm

I use the irig stream on an Android phone and while it doesn't appear to work when doing a non-live video on Instagram, it works fine in live stream mode. I am going to test it on YouTube and FB live over the next few days. I have a moto z2 play phone. Not sure if this is the case with other people. For my purposes I only need it to work in apps when going live and it is okay to record non-live stuff using the app.
djtrekcho

Postby Peter_IK » Mon May 11, 2020 5:30 pm

With most social media apps, the interface will not be used until you go live. You won't get any "pre-monitoring" or "sound check" type of functionality. The best way to test levels etc before going live is to use an app like iRig Recorder 3. This is how I prepared for the multiple daily streams that were nearly non-stop during the last NAMM Show. It worked like a charm (plus I got some pretty interesting pre-roll outtakes, good think I'm not into blackmail! I kid, I kid...).
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dre1906 » Fri May 15, 2020 7:32 pm

So can it be enabled for non streaming apps like recording yourself with the camera app?
dre1906

Postby Peter_IK » Fri May 15, 2020 10:28 pm

dre1906 wrote:So can it be enabled for non streaming apps like recording yourself with the camera app?

Yes, many apps including the iOS built-in Camera app will support digital audio interfaces like iRig Stream. Note that many apps including the iOS built-in Camera app will not support real-time monitoring so you won't hear the audio as you record it, you'll have to listen during playback.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dre1906 » Sat May 16, 2020 1:29 am

Peter_IK wrote:
dre1906 wrote:So can it be enabled for non streaming apps like recording yourself with the camera app?

Yes, many apps including the iOS built-in Camera app will support digital audio interfaces like iRig Stream. Note that many apps including the iOS built-in Camera app will not support real-time monitoring so you won't hear the audio as you record it, you'll have to listen during playback.

Thanks Peter... mine is on backorder.... can’t wait to get my hands on it...
dre1906

Postby Vertex_dnb » Sun May 17, 2020 12:41 pm

Seems to be a pattern emerging here......

I tried recording to facebook and got nothing but staic and distortion, thought it was a faulty jack so replaced it, but got the same results, this is highly frustrating as I thought I had found the perfect live stream tool
Vertex_dnb

Postby corycisneros@gmail.com » Sat May 23, 2020 6:47 am

As if having this issue was not frustrating enough, what is even more frustrating is whether forums or support case, they flat out divert taking responsibility for this issue. It has been proven (myself and other users) that this is an incompatibility issue with IOS 13.0 and above. I can understand if we were attempting to make it work with an IPhone. However, IK Multimedia provides the DIN to Lightning cable and claims it works with IOS 6 or later right on the box and website. If you are going to claim it on your website and on the box, then you should be supporting it and not diverting it using the same "Irig Stream is used by thousands of people daily" line. How many of those "Thousands" are IOS users? I am willing to bet not many. I bet there are more laptop users since the DIN to USB cable connection enables the device to work as intended.
corycisneros@gmail.com

Postby Vertex_dnb » Sat May 23, 2020 12:50 pm

£113 for what is now a very expensive piece of plastic, not happy at all. And it would be great if someone actually contacted me from support as I've logged a ticket over a week ago now and nothing......9031396
Vertex_dnb

Postby corycisneros@gmail.com » Sat May 23, 2020 6:51 pm

Vertex_dnb wrote:£113 for what is now a very expensive piece of plastic, not happy at all. And it would be great if someone actually contacted me from support as I've logged a ticket over a week ago now and nothing......9031396

Yup I am in your same boat.
corycisneros@gmail.com

Postby Adesola » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:28 pm

With these comments and complaints I'm seeing so far, I'm beginning to get skeptical as I was just about to purchase mine. I hope I don't encounter the same issues, or better still, I hope the issues get fixed, so users can have seamless results with the product we are excited to own and use.
Adesola

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:35 pm

There have been many thousands of units purchased and are being used without issue. iRig Stream is probably the most popular and in-demand product IK has ever made. You'll hear a small percentage of issues reported online but rarely hear all the accolades because people are happily using a product :)

Almost all of the issues we've seen reported end up having to do with social media / streaming apps. While we have reported and await updates from apps like Facebook and Instagram, our team has figured out a workaround for the problems those apps will need to fix. Please see this news item for details: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=irr3live

Any other issues are handled by our support team and there are many thousands of iRig Stream out there. iRig Stream is in demand because it seems the people have spoken and it is to them the best streaming audio interface currently available.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:37 pm

corycisneros@gmail.com wrote:As if having this issue was not frustrating enough, what is even more frustrating is whether forums or support case, they flat out divert taking responsibility for this issue. It has been proven (myself and other users) that this is an incompatibility issue with IOS 13.0 and above. I can understand if we were attempting to make it work with an IPhone. However, IK Multimedia provides the DIN to Lightning cable and claims it works with IOS 6 or later right on the box and website. If you are going to claim it on your website and on the box, then you should be supporting it and not diverting it using the same "Irig Stream is used by thousands of people daily" line. How many of those "Thousands" are IOS users? I am willing to bet not many. I bet there are more laptop users since the DIN to USB cable connection enables the device to work as intended.

Most are iOS users. I'm sure IK Support will be able to resolve whatever issue you are having.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to Interfaces & Controllers