Do we have an Amplitube wish list?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Do we have an Amplitube wish list?

Postby metropolis4 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:01 pm

If not, I'd like to offer a suggestion: Better midi implementation with a DAW. The way Amplitube connects with Live right now showing param 1 - 16 is so much more confusing than the way others do it. With products like Guitar Rig, I can just click configure and then click on everything I want to be controlled, then it shows up by name in the DAW. This is a much much easier way to navigate. With Guitar Rig I can see I'm controlling amp gain... with Amplitube all I can see is that I am controlling param 7 and I have to try to remember what that is.
metropolis4

Re: Do we have an Amplitube wish list?

Postby guitarkite » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:42 am

Since we're on the subject of "wish lists" for future AmpliTube versions, here's my suggestions...

1. Add MIDI sync capability to the standalone version... This would allow people to play beat synced effects to drum machines or hardware sequencers, without having to go through a DAW and the accompanying latency issues that can introduce.

2. Electric guitars and bass are covered... But how about some Acoustic Amp Models for those of us that also play acoustic/electric guitars? Or even some acoustic guitar specific pedals such as the Fishman Aura or an acoustic guitar specific notch filter... I've been able to jerry rig a fairly decent acoustic amp setup using a clean American Tube model run through a full range bass cabinet... But come on! I should have to do that!

It's not like I'm asking for something weird like an accordion amp model... 99% of the people that use AT3 probably also have an A/E guitar in their arsenal... Bring into the fold.
guitarkite

Postby guitarkite » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:57 pm

Oh, and how about an adjustable high pass filter on the rack delay module... The low pass filter that's on there is nice, but HPF would help to clear up some muddiness when using louder delay settings.
guitarkite

Postby guitarkite » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:41 pm

And... How about incorporating a Full screen setting...
guitarkite

Postby bloughlin16 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:17 pm

The custom shop needs new amp models, too. I'd love to see things like Bogners or the EVH 5150 III in there.
bloughlin16

Postby niles » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:49 pm

An option to hide content you don't own so you don't run into nag screens everytime when browsing presets.
niles

Postby BKBridges08 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:06 pm

guitarkite wrote:And... How about incorporating a Full screen setting...

Yeah! That way I don't have to wear peepers while using the app...
BKBridges08

Postby carlaz » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:07 am

BKBridges08 wrote:
guitarkite wrote:And... How about incorporating a Full screen setting...

Yeah! That way I don't have to wear peepers while using the app...

I was trying to tweak the 10-band EQ pedal today, thinking "Sheesh, I need glasses .... Though, also, these onscreen numbers look about 3-and-half pixels tall .... " :lol:
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby metropolis4 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:13 am

Another one that would be nice - IK seems to be the only company developing decent fuzz pedals. It would be nice to see them continue this trend and give us a Tone Bender or two... maybe a Fulltone Soul Bender? Fuzz Factory?
metropolis4

Postby carlaz » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:49 am

We cannot have too many fuzz pedals. The boutique pedal market is awash in every color, shape, and size of fuzz pedal -- and for good reason! 8-) :mrgreen:
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby guitarkite » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:21 am

Is it too much to ask for a decent "drop tune" effect that doesn't have either a horrible artifacts in the signal, or unusable latency. I've heard that's a little difficult to do.
guitarkite

Postby guitarkite » Mon May 04, 2015 8:02 pm

Oh oh oh!!!! And how about Sanamp pedal? Is it weird to want an emulation of a pedal that's an emulation of an amp? Why not? I really loved that pedal... Even got a PSA-1... A great rack preamp!

And if you really want impress me, how about a pedal that utilizes a separate mic input in your DAW to create a talkbox effect? That would be awesome!!!
guitarkite

Postby guitarkite » Mon May 04, 2015 8:03 pm

"Sansamp"
guitarkite

Postby arnold_v_guitar » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:51 am

All good suggestions IMHO.
:idea: I suggest IKMultimedia start a contest on this. Price: Amplitube 4

First of; I'm very pleased with the Amplitube 3 possibilities as is. I'm getting every sound I need :D . However, while progressing in my own musical skills, I prefer to get additional tools to grow even further musically. :ugeek:

My wish list:
- Full screen and zoomable on elements f.e. stomp box
- Noise/ hiss gate: improvement on high gain usage. In A3 I now use 2 Slash gates
- Amp presentation: All channels accessable in 1 Amp view; sep. chnl activation in store.
- Amp brands: Rocktron Piranha, Peavey 6505 all channels, Randalls, acoustic amps
- Speakers: 3D mics placement, like iOS A4. More than one speaker in one room.
- Stomp boxes: stomps with tubes like Jeckyl&hide, route66, Electro harmonix. Digitech Death Metal, Proco pedals like Turbo RAT etc, modular stomps i.e. create your own stomps (change tubes etc), hold pedal for soloing over chords
- Vocoder effect, used with microphone. Now I use separate vocoder
- Racks: stereo racks, although in A3 already possible bij use of parallel paths.
- Flexible MIDI names, unlimited MIDI controls (>16) with auto assignement in DAW.
arnold_v_guitar

Postby carlaz » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:35 pm

Though high gain basically = hiss and noise! You'd probably have to use a handful of noise gate/suppressor pedals with a high gain rig in the Real World, too. But it would be nice to have more options about where to place them. Increased flexibility in signal routing would be welcome in AT4.

A more scale-able interface would be nice. And possibly more readable controls in some cases. Am I the only one who can just never see the marks on the virtual knobs of the Tube Compressor? Maybe that's authentic :roll: but then give me the equivalent of some glow-in-the-dark paint to dab on the controls so that I can see what the heck is going on. :)

Obviously more amp/pedal/cab/etc brands and models! (Though I think there is at least one Randall model lurking in the Metal collection.) And some "refreshed" versions of older models, perhaps.

Oh, a vocoder effect that could blend a mic input would be cool! 8-)

Integration with T-RackS could be very cool. I haven't really played around with T-RackS enough to think about how that would work. T-RackS has sort of been on my to-do list for a good while. But, potentially, it would at least be in IKM's interest to nudge guitarists towards T-RackS, and enginneers/producers already using T-RackS towards Amplitube by making them interoperative.
--
carlaz
1K Club

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling