Do we have an Amplitube wish list?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Do we have an Amplitube wish list?

Postby carlaz » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:12 pm

puranon wrote:Does the real Mutron III clip the output at such low levels? The Gain increase for peaks is insane.

There are what seem to me a few oddities amongst (perhaps especially) the pedals.

For example, the "Big Pig" has completely insane gain; I have to dial it back pretty severely to avoid clipping the overall output even with a very modestly set clean(ish) amp. There are so many Big Muff variants out there, I'm not sure whether this is authentically reproducing the behavior of any given one of them, though it's notably more insane than my old green Sovtek physical Big Muff pedal. :shock:

Also, the "Swedish death metal" tone is (in)famously achieved by diming a Boss HM-2, and that pretty much did the trick on my old physical Boss HM-2 (which, alas, I no longer have! :oops: ), though in my experience the "Metal Distortion 2" stomp model just sounds nasty, to be sure, when dimed, but also a bit weird ... a bit funny and digital.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby drchek » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:26 am

Two things I would love to see in Amplitube:
A Dumble Overdrive Special, and
A Klon Centaur pedal.

Oh, and also some Matchless amplifiers.
drchek

Postby bruce09t1 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:44 pm

Yeah, MuTron Bi-Phase is a great box. want.
bruce09t1

Postby carlaz » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:45 pm

n2mpujack wrote:Ampeg amps other than a B15

While there are some notable Ampegs not in the lineup, there are at least also the SVT-CLASSIC and SVT-4PRO, and BA-500 models. Technically, I think there are actually two B15 models, since there is the Ampeg-branded model of the B15R (a reissue, no) and the old "1x15 Bass Vintage" model (which is perhaps modeled on a vintage B15 unit?).
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby fdisk » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:31 pm

1. fix volume issues: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10588" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2. give us the option to choose between old cab module from AT3 and new one from AT4.

It'll give 100% presets sound compatibility.

that's all I need :-)
fdisk

Postby bluehorizon1894 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:11 pm

I'd like to see an impulse response loader at the cab stage built in. The stock cabinets are great but just to have that option to use others would be a great and very handy feature.

Also, on a 3 channel amp such as Mesa Dual rect, is it possible to assign a midi control change to each channel on the amp?

Looking forward to Amplitube 5.
bluehorizon1894

Postby andrea.zuppelli » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:33 am

[mod snip - please refer to rules about post moderation]

I suggest an improvement on gain staging in order to be even closer to a real amp beahviour.

I have noticed that, on every distorted amps, lowering volume from guitar pot, this action trasmits a lack of dynamics and loss of brilliance in the overall tone, whereas at the maximun volume of the pickup the overall sound of distorted amps is fantastic. It's not my guitar problem because I noticed this issue on any of my guitars.

I wish to have an inprovement on this because another guitar amp sim I own [[mod snip] - despite being older or surpassed - has a better response in guitar pot volume variations, which still remains well responsive and brilliant at any level.

Please consider this comment as a simple suggest, not a negative post.

bye,

Andrea
andrea.zuppelli

Postby fnordbak » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:05 pm

A simple low cut/high cut option in the cab section.

The ability to load IRs in the cab section.

An updated ac30 model.

Laney and BadCat models.
fnordbak

Postby carlaz » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:26 am

I think those that hope for the ability to load 3rd-party impulses might not want to hold their breath. That would pretty much work against IKM's own interests and business model (of selling cab models -- perhaps eventually selling individual speaker models and cab "shell" models?)!

That said, if you are working in a DAW, you can obviously bypass the cab section of AT and place something else with other cab impulses after it in the plug-in chain.
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby emidiojorgefilho » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:29 am

My wishlist:
1-The option of adding a third amp on the signal flow, so we can make wet/dry/wet rigs.
2-Better stomp compressors like the Wampler Ego Compressor.
3-A treble booster like the dallas rangemaster.
4-A Talkbox working with a mic input.
5-the option of panning the taps individually of the multitap delay.
6-A Boss VB-2 Vibrato clone.
7-Klon Centaur clone
8-Xotic FX pedals
9-Mesa Boogie Lonestar and Mark IIC+
10-Dumble style amps
11-Bogner style amps
12-A Fender Vibrolux
13-More Wampler pedals.
14-Roland Dimension D
15-Dunlop Rotovibe
16- An impulse response loader.
17-More midi control.
18-Midi control for the leslie cabinet speed.
19-More Fuzz pedals.
20-Nobels ODR-1 clone.
21-T-Racks modules on the rack section.
22-Binson Echorec clone
23-JHS pedals.
Last edited by emidiojorgefilho on Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
emidiojorgefilho

Postby HARDWIREDTSD » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:56 pm

ENGL-Pedals, VS-Straight to Hell High-Gain Distortion, Reaper Distortion, Retro Overdrive, Delay, Chorus, Compressor.
HARDWIREDTSD

Postby kewlpack » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:09 pm

+1 on the ability to use Impulse Response cabs instead of the stock speakers (which are fine), but I have 1,000's of purchased cab IRs I'd love to use w/Amplitube!
Last edited by kewlpack on Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kewlpack

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:30 pm

kewlpack wrote:+1 on the ability to use Impulse Response cabs instead of the stock speakers (which are fine, but I have 1,000's of purchased cab IRs I'd love to use w/Amplitube!

At this time the best way to do this would be to use AmpliTube in your DAW and turn off the cabinet section. Then insert an IR loader in the next insert slot and load your cab IRs there. The reason IRs would not work well in AmpliTube's Cab Room is because we use a combination of IR and modeling and all of the components of AmpliTube (and within sections of AmpliTube like Cab Room) are tightly tied together to get the best interaction between the sections which is also a big part of AmpliTube's very realistic sound, feel, and general experience.

The request has been relayed to the team, of course, but I just wanted to give a little background about why AmpliTube is set up the way it is currently. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby kewlpack » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:49 pm

Thanks Peter for the info. I get it, but figure it doesn't cost anything to add my voice to the choir on this request. :D

Thinking out loud... If we can defeat the cab/room emulations in the DAW plugin, it stands to reason that - in a future version of the standalone app - we could similarly defeat the cab/room emulations and activate a third party cab IR instead.

OR better yet - the cab/room emulation could include a custom cab toggle which allows the user to then load the third party cab IR.

Of course, either option requires re-engineering to find the best implementation. I'm pretty sure there are throngs of users out here who would jump on the Amplitube wagon if this feature was made available.

That said, is there any sort of public info on what the team is working on next for Amplitube (by way of model packs and/or an all new 5.0 version)?
kewlpack

Postby bluehorizon1894 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:01 pm

I agree Kewlpack. I have had great results bypassing the cab and using a third party IR. I also get great results using the Amplitube cab room and really like the options to select and position mics. Most of the time I just use Amplitube fully via the standalone rather than the vst as it's just easier than splitting the chain.

However I hope IK really listen and put the user first in the next release as a lot of people seem to want the IR loader. The competition in this kind of app is massive now, BIAS, Helix, TH3, the list goes on.. It's got to be about choice to make the product the best possible for the user. I've tried a few others, BIAS, TH3 and pretty good, but I always go back to Amplitube4. Looking forward to v5 challenging Kemper! :D
bluehorizon1894

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling