Do we have an Amplitube wish list?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Do we have an Amplitube wish list?

Postby carcaridon » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:06 pm

There was a post by IKM on their facebook page on the 21st stating that there are some new amp models coming soon to the CS. I've been hoping for some time that we'd get some Bogner (hopefully the uberschall) and some Diezel's in there. I purchased the full Amplitube 3 package including the slash, orange and others and didn't think to look that A3 has been around for a number of years with no update. I'm inches away from moving to a rack based modeler, probably a Kemper, but if there's something on the horizon I'd love to wait.
carcaridon

Postby carlaz » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:38 am

Missed that post, and couldn't find it when I (admittedly, fairly hastily) skimmed their FB page now, but .... Oh well! We'll see!
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby jjguitar » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:59 am

More Wampler pedals please !
The Pinnacle is my favorite distortion box :D
Gear: Amplitube 5
Guitars: Heritage H-150, Gibson LP, Melancon Strat, Haar Strat, ESP Ron Wood Tele w/ stainless steel frets
jjguitar

Postby metropolis4 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:04 pm

I may have posted this one already, but it bears repeating still:

Better midi mapping with a DAW.

I used a different amp sim product over the weekend and again it reminded me how clunky AmliTube's midi mapping implementation is.

With other sims, I just open them up, click on everything I want to control, and it appears right there in the DAW by name, ready to be assigned.

With AmpliTube, I have to open it, open the menu, select thing I want controlled (from dropdown menus no less), then it appears in the DAW with "param 1", "param 2" etc. which tells me nothing about what that param is. Also, most functions map backwards, so I have to flip the control value in the DAW. I always end up having to write everything down so I can map it correctly. This implementation also makes it impossible to do something simple like have two OCD's in Stomp A and map midi to give each one a dedicated on/off switch.

Using AmpliTube doubles the time I have to spend mapping midi functions compared to it's competitors. It would be nice to have an updated and more modern midi implementation to replace the old fashioned one we have now.
metropolis4

Postby bruce09t1 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:10 am

I use Amplitube on my iPad for guitar practice. As such I make heavy use of the tuner and the metronome. So my wishes are about that.

The tempo range of the metronome is very limited. 55 is an annoying limit for students. Let it go to to 30 or 40 please.

It can be difficult to balance the volume between the met and the amp. usually that means I need to dial down the amp gain to hear the metronome, which changes the tone (of course).

Most metronomes offer choices for the "tick" noise. Although the single choice in amplitube is quite nice.

Most metronomes offer accents on the first beat of the measure. Some have very elaborate programmable accent features.

It seems that the metronome tempo is not related to the "tempo" of the app. So tempo synched echoes don't work with the metronome. Why not tie these tempos together?

The ultra tuner is great. But I always use sage mode - why not remember this so I don't need to switch every time?

Sometimes when I change the tempo the metronome glitches. Seems like some kind of intermittent bug.

Love this app, btw! I have purchased all the in-app purchases, so no more nagging for me!
bruce09t1

Postby rosebar » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:33 pm

I also use A3 on iPad and second the suggestion of balancing the metronome volume.
Another thing I miss from the full version of A3 on the ipad version is the guitar to bass factory preset. I'm traveling a lot and can't pack all my instruments.
rosebar

Postby pao1x » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:03 pm

Consistent volume across amp models would be nice. I'm pretty sure a twin reverb is a lot louder than a Champion 600. Although that's not the case in AT3.
pao1x

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:22 pm

pao1x wrote:Consistent volume across amp models would be nice. I'm pretty sure a twin reverb is a lot louder than a Champion 600. Although that's not the case in AT3.

Note that AmpliTube is a full rig, as if you were miking and recording the real amp. So the levels are really more what you'd hear from sitting at the board, with the strongest possible signal at each stage (especially when using proper gain staging from end to end outside of AmpliTube as well as the I/O control you have within AmpliTube).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bruce09t1 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:21 pm

In general, as a guitar student, I wish that the different features were integrated better.

I already mentioned that the metronome tempo does not affect tempo synced delays.

It would also be nice if the "rehearsal looper" (the thing that lets you play against imported songs at lower tempo) were somehow integrated with the recorder. I would like to be able to play against my homework assignments and drop-box a recording of me playing over the songs to my teacher, but I don't think it's possible to to this. At least it's not easy.

Same with the four track looper. Why isn't it possible to move loops into the recorder as four tracks?

Usability issue with the "rehersal looper", too. You can't speed up and slow down by a small amount. .9 and 1.1 were the smallest deviations I could get with that tinny slider. .95 and 1.05 would be nice. In general this feature would use some work. The UI for picking loop points is impenetrable, and it is difficult to drag the slider back to the start of the song. If should go back automatically when the song ends, at least. better yet a button to go to start. Maybe the markers let you do this, but again it's a confusing UI.
bruce09t1

Postby puranon » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:45 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
pao1x wrote:Consistent volume across amp models would be nice. I'm pretty sure a twin reverb is a lot louder than a Champion 600. Although that's not the case in AT3.

Note that AmpliTube is a full rig, as if you were miking and recording the real amp. So the levels are really more what you'd hear from sitting at the board, with the strongest possible signal at each stage (especially when using proper gain staging from end to end outside of AmpliTube as well as the I/O control you have within AmpliTube).

I find the output levels of stomps and amp heads extremely high. For instance, try putting the Mutron III envelope filter on an average level .wav file and the levels easily skyrocket past 0dbfs.
puranon

Postby puranon » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:29 pm

Anyone else notice that high stomp volume clipping?
puranon

Postby puranon » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:16 pm

Very imp but I thought amps AT were already modeled this way.
puranon

Postby vertibration » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:37 pm

I hope they release the following

Diezel VH4
Diezel Hagan

Also a Cabinet Impulse Response uploader into the existing Cabinet section. It would be totally bad ass to use all the Amplitube Mic's and position them around our own IR's
vertibration

Postby puranon » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:11 am

Peter_IK wrote:

Does the real Mutron III clip the output at such low levels? The Gain increase for peaks is insane.
puranon

Postby imuresan » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:33 pm

Please make that looper more usable.

1. The 4 loops should have independent length, i.e. they shouldn't be all tied to the length of the 1st loop. And if possible make them 6 or 8. Come on guys!

2. I would really like to be able to assign the "clear" and "clear all" commands to the midi pedal, i.e. I should be able to delete the loops with my foot pedal.

3. I should be able to have a midi assignable button for "stop" so that I can play and stop the thing from my footpedal.

So what do you guys from IKM think? Can you give us these goodies? Point 2 and 3 at least should not be very difficult.

Thanks,
Iulian
imuresan

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling