AmpliTube not authorized

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: AmpliTube not authorized

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:04 pm

What issue? Ha. Couldn't resist. You're welcome. I'm sure they will keep in contact with the developers and see what's going on.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dscheidt » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:27 am

Any update to this issue? Garageband 10.0.1 is out, but the issue still remains.
dscheidt

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:29 am

Please reply to your support ticket for a status.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby buckobell » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:50 am

dscheidt wrote:Any update to this issue? Garageband 10.0.1 is out, but the issue still remains.

Dang, I was just looking at that update and hoping it may fix our issue. My support ticket was closed with the support team. They simply stated that Mavericks was not officially supported yet.

I'll keep looking at the forum news thread for an official announcement and update.
buckobell

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:18 pm

The system will close tickets on reply in some cases which can confuse, but you are always able to reply to reopen and keep the conversation going.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jmeniscus » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:41 pm

I'm having the same frustrating problem, but it's with my Tracktion software. I do run it on a Mac, with Mav, but can't get it authorized. I've burned through 2 new codes and can't get by this roadblock. I called tech support, but they have a message saying tech support isn't available, and to email. I emailed. Nothing useful seems to be coming of this. Anyone figure out how to get this corrected yet?
jmeniscus

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:46 pm

jmeniscus wrote:I'm having the same frustrating problem, but it's with my Tracktion software. I do run it on a Mac, with Mav, but can't get it authorized. I've burned through 2 new codes and can't get by this roadblock. I called tech support, but they have a message saying tech support isn't available, and to email. I emailed. Nothing useful seems to be coming of this. Anyone figure out how to get this corrected yet?

The technical support form to open a ticket is found here: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/support Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby coopersbusiness » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:33 pm

Just thought I would chime in a bit.

Mavericks standalone seems good, Logic 10.0.x seems good (on .4 now), and previous Garageband (while on 10.9) seems good. FYI - if you didn't know, when you install GB 10, it leaves your previous GB 6.x in the Applications folder, so at least there's that.

HTH
coopersbusiness

Postby buckobell » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:49 pm

Where do I find my old tickets?
Peter_IK wrote:Please reply to your support ticket for a status.
buckobell

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:05 pm

buckobell wrote:Where do I find my old tickets?
Peter_IK wrote:Please reply to your support ticket for a status.

You should have email notifications of your tickets.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby carlaz » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:50 pm

coopersbusiness wrote:Just thought I would chime in a bit.
Mavericks standalone seems good, Logic 10.0.x seems good (on .4 now), and previous Garageband (while on 10.9) seems good. FYI - if you didn't know, when you install GB 10, it leaves your previous GB 6.x in the Applications folder, so at least there's that.

Thanks for the chime! :) Your experience with GBX and GB6, as well as the standalone AT, in Mavericks seems to match mine. Good to know that the AU plug-in still seems to be OK in LPX in Mavericks as well.

IK Support did get back to me, confirming that "we cannot guarentee things in Maverick yet as it is not fully supported and you may have issues here and there", likewise noting that "it will take an IK update to fix these [plug-in issues] in Garageband", but that "it [the AU plug-in] should work in Logic but again ... not 100% supported". So just some more points of data confirming what we've already heard here.

Seems like I am sticking with GB6 (though I've played around with GBX a bit) for real work until either I get LPX or IK update the plug-in. Hard to guess which might happen first! Though there is a good chance IK will beat me to the punch. I might move to LPX anyway, though. :ugeek: I've been pricing/spec'ing new iMacs on which to run it.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby coopersbusiness » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:51 pm

Man when is this going to be fixed....so annoying. Figured it would have been pretty soon considering another update has already come and gone. Oh well...
coopersbusiness

Postby buckobell » Thu May 01, 2014 3:00 am

I gave this about one month to get resolved before I was forced to abandon GarageBand for good. Now that I've been producing work in Logic Pro X I would never go back to GB. Amplitube amps are still better than the Apple amps in Logic, and thank goodness that Amplitube and T-Racks will authorize in Logic.
buckobell

Postby carlaz » Fri May 02, 2014 6:51 pm

I suspect that Apple considered the possibility that they would push more advanced GB6 users towards Logic X when they basically screwed plug-in hosting in GBX .... :roll:

I would totally jump to Logic X -- something I'd been considering for a while anyway -- since I think it's a bargain price for what you get, but GB6 is already crushing my old Mac Mini, and I have to scrape up the money to get a new iMac to make good use of Logic!
Last edited by carlaz on Thu May 08, 2014 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby coopersbusiness » Sat May 03, 2014 2:34 pm

Yeah, I actually have Logic X, so it really doesn't bother me to much, but I still like using GBX for quick takes etc. (it's a great little mini-DAW). The bothersome point to me (for others sakes) is a lot of people do NOT have Logic X and they shouldn't HAVE to pay $200.00 to lay down some ideas, especially if they are just upcoming / learning players...you know?

IK Please take care of the little people...

Thanks,
David
coopersbusiness

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling