AmpliTube not authorized

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: AmpliTube not authorized

Postby coopersbusiness » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:59 pm

Just letting everyone know, IK still hasn't fixed the Authorization Issue with Garageband X.

Current release 3-3.14 (07.2014)

Oh well......

Maybe by end of year?
coopersbusiness

Postby carlaz » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:11 pm

There's a reasonably simple and effective (if necessarily imperfect) workaround available from IKM Support. Contact them for info.

For example, I just recorded this in GarageBand X the other day, with all guitars/basses using the Amplitube 3 AU plugin:

Yeah, I know: unfinished and needs work on the sound, etc. :roll:
But the point is that AT3 can be made to work in GBX.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby dlee20 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:31 am

withdrawn
dlee20

Postby dg47nuku » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:21 am

just upgrade to 10.94 . my old mbox with pro tool 8.01 don't work . got Fast Track product with pro tool express works but have fader port don't work because they don't support hui
know longer and are not support it know longer. but AmpliTube 3 works with pro tool express
but i also upgraded gargeband to new version and get not not authorized . but it works on older system mac 10.6.8 . have my hard drive partition and i would why i should upgrade.
dg47nuku

Postby tommorrisemt » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:29 am

can someone please just post the workaround please?? I've seen a number o posts saying "theres a workaround, its great"...and they don't post it..
tommorrisemt

Postby carlaz » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:53 pm

Just contact Support. They have responded to all my queries about the workarounds, etc. within 24 hours of my messaging them.

The thing is that while the workaround is not complicated to implement, it does involve futzing around with where OS X stores things -- and that is something controlled by Apple. So if Apple released an OS update, potentially that could break previous versions of the workaround -- and (pretty obviously) IKM Support does not want people trying to use an out-of-date publicly posted workaround and then complaining that it doesn't work. So it's best to simply get the most up-to-date workaround straight from them. (And, if an OS or app update breaks it, get an updated fix straight from them.)

I suspect things may still be a little fluid in GarageBand X and OS X. Perhaps this is delaying the release of an official solution ... or perhaps not: I dunno. The most recent update to GBX did alter/restore some user-facing functionality regarding 3rd-party AU plug-ins (such as AT3), though it did not alter behavior of the workaround (as far as I can tell). Still, I suspect this is all a little bit of a moving target.

Yes, it is somewhat annoying to the end user; but, hey: technology! :roll:
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby tommorrisemt » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:18 pm

Ok, sure. Still would have been nice to get a warning, prior to making a bunch of purchases, that this may not work with GB. It's not like GB is some little dinky thing used by a dozen people in Mexico... I feel like I just burned a hundred dollars.
tommorrisemt

Postby carlaz » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:02 pm

I agree that warnings about GBX interoperability should be much more up front. Anyone with a new Mac has GBX pre-installed, and since statistically Mac-users update a lot faster than Windows users, the number of people with access to GBX is presumably increasing quickly.
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby coopersbusiness » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:03 pm

And to think, we've only been waiting for over a year for an "official" fix. :twisted:

Well maybe one day...
coopersbusiness

Postby ruffjazzrecords » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:58 am

Wheres the fix for this any idea? just installed Amplitube and i was like WTF??!! come here and find this thread..no fix yet?
ruffjazzrecords

Postby dlee20 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:09 am

I contacted support and they provided the work around to me and it worked for me. If its just an authorization manager problem than I give that the raspberry because such technologies are designed by Satan himself. If you dont belive me try installing the latest version of Reason :lol:
dlee20

Postby dlee20 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:12 am

buckobell wrote:I gave this about one month to get resolved before I was forced to abandon GarageBand for good. Now that I've been producing work in Logic Pro X I would never go back to GB. Amplitube amps are still better than the Apple amps in Logic, and thank goodness that Amplitube and T-Racks will authorize in Logic.

you know what, some of the Apple amps arent too bad when you are just trying to lay down a track; I tend to use those instead of A3 because latency is usually less then go back after the fact and swap it out for A3 because I can't live without my Tiny Terror sim.
dlee20

Postby dlee20 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:14 am

carlaz wrote:There's a reasonably simple and effective (if necessarily imperfect) workaround available from IKM Support. Contact them for info.

For example, I just recorded this in GarageBand X the other day, with all guitars/basses using the Amplitube 3 AU plugin:

Yeah, I know: unfinished and needs work on the sound, etc. :roll:
But the point is that AT3 can be made to work in GBX.

sounds great carlaz will be looking for more of your stuff on soundcloud.
dlee20

Postby carlaz » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:28 pm

dlee20 wrote:
carlaz wrote:For example, I just recorded this in GarageBand X the other day, with all guitars/basses using the Amplitube 3 AU plugin:

sounds great carlaz will be looking for more of your stuff on soundcloud.

Thanks! Though it looks like I at some point deleted that specific recording .... Still, here are links to 2 currently (at the time of posting!) accessible tracks on Soundcloud, both made with the AT3 AU plug-in in GarageBand X:

--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby diamondjay1000 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:03 am

I had the same problem, but for me it was a matter of simply going onto the ik multimedia site, logging in, clicking on the Welcome>>>>>>name at the top left of the screen, going to "products," finding the serial, and then entering it in the authorization mgr that pops up in my DAW. Very simple, but with one massive caveat - IK Multimdia doesn't tell you anything about how to do this, or if they do, it is in a ridiculously hard to find place. Anyways, all good now and I am loving Amplitube 3.
diamondjay1000

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling