AmpliTube not authorized

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube not authorized

Postby b.pietschmann » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:51 pm

Hi there,

I just upgraded to GarageBand 10 and having the problem that whenever I am trying to start Amplitube as a VST plugin, a message pops up that says "This copy of Amplitube is not authorized". There are no Problems with the standalone version, it is authorized.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thx
b.pietschmann

Re: AmpliTube not authorized

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:13 pm

Have you run Authorization Manager again and entered your serial? It may need to be done only once, and likely could simply reuse the authorization previously used. If you've done this or you do and it doesn't help, you'll need to contact Tech Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/support for directly help.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby b.pietschmann » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:17 pm

Hi,

thank you. Yes, I already tried to authenticate again. Without luck so far. I will contact the support.
b.pietschmann

Postby k_dky24 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:50 pm

I have the same problem.
Standalone version, StudioOne and Apple MainStage 3 : no problem
GarageBand(ver10.0.0) : I have tried to several times to authorize and failed.
k_dky24

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:42 pm

k_dky24 wrote:I have the same problem.
Standalone version, StudioOne and Apple MainStage 3 : no problem
GarageBand(ver10.0.0) : I have tried to several times to authorize and failed.

There seems to be an issue where only GarageBand will trigger this behavior. Support will have more information, though.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby fid » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:23 pm

Same problem. It only authorized the free version
Last edited by fid on Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fid

Postby buckobell » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:56 pm

Same problem for me too. What's the fix?
buckobell

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:58 pm

Please contact support directly for status on issues, as they will verify and work directly with development on anything that they verify requires a fix.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby buckobell » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:50 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Please contact support directly for status on issues, as they will verify and work directly with development on anything that they verify requires a fix.

Thanks, I submitted a ticket on Saturday. I have two systems with this issue and so I believe Apple changed something in GB that is causing the 'Unauthorized" error.

I'll post the fix here when it comes from IKM support. In the mean time I'm using the new GB amps and pedals. They are not bad, definitely an improvement, but I'm still a Amplitube fan.
buckobell

Postby fid » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:42 am

That´s the answer I received:

HI, Thank you for you're email we will be happy to help you with this.

Maverick support is not official yet, so use it at your own risk for now. We will have updates for any issues with the current line of products. Older plugins will not be updated.

There is an issue with Garageband as they updated a lot of code that effects certain plugins.
fid

Postby carlaz » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:28 pm

fid wrote:That´s the answer I received:
Maverick support is not official yet, so use it at your own risk for now. We will have updates for any issues with the current line of products. Older plugins will not be updated.
There is an issue with Garageband as they updated a lot of code that effects certain plugins.

Argh! I noticed the Amplitube 3/CS problems when I manage to get GB10 in place, too.

Seems like GB10 was not designed with non-Apple plug-ins, etc. in mind, and a lot of the semi-pro power that was available in old GarageBand seems to have been killed or at least hidden away in GB10. I have been wondering for a while whether I should move up to Logic Pro, and this does seem to push me in that direction. :/

Well, for the mean time, at least GarageBand 6.0.5 still seems work!
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby fid » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:19 pm

carlaz wrote:
fid wrote:That´s the answer I received:

Argh! I noticed the Amplitube 3/CS problems when I manage to get GB10 in place, too.

Seems like GB10 was not designed with non-Apple plug-ins, etc. in mind, and a lot of the semi-pro power that was available in old GarageBand seems to have been killed or at least hidden away in GB10. I have been wondering for a while whether I should move up to Logic Pro, and this does seem to push me in that direction. :/

Well, for the mean time, at least GarageBand 6.0.5 still seems work!

As far as I understand, I guess that IK guys will fix it soon. (only for amplitube 3)
fid

Postby buckobell » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:39 pm

My Focusrite plugs are working fine in GB for Mavericks. They don't require constant authorization from a separate app like Amplitube and T-Racks do, and both those plugs will not authorize. So, I think the issue is with CS and GB not talking to each other.
buckobell

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:09 pm

All plugins are different. When a DAW or OS has a major release there are always multiple plugins from different companies that will have issues thus it is recommended that for those doing any mission-critical work (especially if it is your livelihood) to wait until those issues are sussed out. We have already stated in each support ticket (some state above) that we'll likely have to update some of our plugins based on this.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby buckobell » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:14 pm

@Peter_IK. Thanks for staying on the issue. I know your support guys are working on the issue.
buckobell

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling