TAP Tempo via MIDI Controller

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

TAP Tempo via MIDI Controller

Postby kg0 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:11 pm

Anybody know how to control tap tempo in AmpliTube III externally? I have been able to figure out how to controll most partameters except tap tempo.
kg0

Re: TAP Tempo via MIDI Controller

Postby Obitheincredible » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:23 pm

I have support looking into this for you.
Obitheincredible
1K Club

Postby brianbane » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:26 pm

It's not currently possible, unfortunately.
brianbane
1K Club

Postby electrrr » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:42 pm

After so many requests all over the forum, it's a shame IK Multimedia hasn't looked into this yet...
electrrr

Postby beatpete » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:27 am

Has this been rectified? I can't believe that so called "pro" app doesn't have midi tap tempo!
beatpete

Postby emilebes » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:50 am

Yes, people have been requesting this since 2012 but they obviously don't care about what the customers want. :(
emilebes

Postby emilebes » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:23 pm

I've figured out a work around to set the BPM via midi in Amplitube 3. You need a program called midiStroke.

MidiStroke converts midi signals to keystrokes. The letter "t' is the keyboard shortcut in Amplitube to set the tap tempo. (You have to hit it at least 4 time before it changes tempo.) Once I configured midiStroke, I added an external pedal to my iRig Blueboard, launched the Blueboard app and there you go!! You don't need and external pedal for the blueboard but it helps.

http://www.charlie-roberts.com/midiStroke/
emilebes

Postby tapslore » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:45 am

Interesting! Will try. And thanks for sharing!

emilebes wrote:I've figured out a work around to set the BPM via midi in Amplitube 3. You need a program called midiStroke.

MidiStroke converts midi signals to keystrokes. The letter "t' is the keyboard shortcut in Amplitube to set the tap tempo. (You have to hit it at least 4 time before it changes tempo.) Once I configured midiStroke, I added an external pedal to my iRig Blueboard, launched the Blueboard app and there you go!! You don't need and external pedal for the blueboard but it helps.

tapslore

Postby bwademusic » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:49 pm

tapslore wrote:Interesting! Will try. And thanks for sharing!

emilebes wrote:I've figured out a work around to set the BPM via midi in Amplitube 3. You need a program called midiStroke.

that's a great idea..when you say external pedal do you mean switch? How would a pedal generate taps?
bwademusic

Postby emilebes » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:18 am

I have an iRig Blueboard connected via bluetooth but the buttons on that is not good for tap tempo. I attached a Yamaha sustain pedal to the Blueboard that is much better for tap tempo.
emilebes

Postby bwademusic » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:26 pm

but how would that allow you to "tap" the tempo? It seems a pedal would increase or decrease the bpm but not "tap" tempo. Could you elaborate? thanks..
bwademusic

Postby emilebes » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:48 am

The BPM gets set by the tempo at which you repeatedly press (tap) down on the pedal. To set the BPM you have to tap the pedal at least 4 times.
emilebes

Postby bwademusic » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:39 pm

OK thanks for replying...so as you step down on the pedal (I'm thinking mean a continuous pedal as in expression pedal) does the midi stroke read the one CC you program for the keypad stroke as the pedal passes through that note or am I thinking this out wrongly?
PS this all becomes clear if the pedal is just a step on switch to send out a midi CC number. That I can understand....thanks again for clearifying this for me...I can't even get IK tech to speak on the subject so far.
bwademusic

Postby bwademusic » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:54 pm

HI again, sorry for my last question, I just noticed you're using a sustain pedal That explains it!
I think I have a sustain pedal somewhere so I'll try it...thanks...Brett

PS I still can't see why IK could not have included some kind of feature in amplitube to accommodate such an important function. This question has been popping up for years.
bwademusic

Postby emilebes » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:27 pm

I agree completely. Just wish there were other shortcuts as well.
emilebes

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling