Tonex in DAW (Authorization Problems and Missing Amp Models)

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Tonex in DAW (Authorization Problems and Missing Amp Models)

Postby babtanian » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:09 pm

I recently purchased Tonex Max, primarily to acquire the Mesa/Boogie Reference Collection. The standalone app works great, and my Tonex amp models also work as intended with the Amplitube 5 Max standalone app.

However, using Tonex (or Amplitube 5 with a Tonex amp model) as a plugin within my DAW, in this case GarageBand v10.4.8, there are a host of problems as follows:

1. Tonex will not authorize inside GarageBand.

2. Authorization can occasionally be achieved, but only if the IK Product Manager is opened.

3. In those cases where authorization is temporarily achieved, none of the amp models from my purchased & registered collections are available. The plugin interface indicates that the amp models are missing when selected, even though the same plugin interface acknowledges the successful registration of the accompanying collections.

4. In Amplitube (plugin mode), any preset utilizing a Tonex model shows an error prompt indicating that a Tonex model is not available on the device. Intermittently, bringing up these presets will immediately crash GarageBand, most commonly with Mesa Reference Collection models.

5. Amplitube (plugin mode) works as intended for any preset where a Tonex model is NOT used.
Based on this behavior, it appears that Tonex is the sole issue, and specifically its ability to authorize itself inside the DAW.

In terms of troubleshooting, I have rebooted several times (Mac), uninstalled and reinstalled the software, re-authorized the software, copied over the .plist file and created an alias via symbolic link from the default storage location to the one GarageBand looks for.

I have attached an image showing the various screenshots, error prompts, etc. for reference.

If anyone has experienced this issue, and assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

babtanian

Re: Tonex in DAW (Authorization Problems and Missing Amp Mod

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:52 pm

Since no other users have chimed in with suggestions, I would suggest you open at ticket with IK Support via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/ws so they can assist you directly (if you have not already done so).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Tonex in DAW (Authorization Problems and Missing Amp Mod

Postby babtanian » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:49 am

Thanks Peter, I submitted a ticket on Sunday, but haven’t heard anything back from IK yet.
babtanian

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling