Cracking on my headphones - gets worse when I open a browser

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Cracking on my headphones - gets worse when I open a browser

Postby Clyde1188 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:13 pm

Hey

I am new to playing guitar on my laptop. I used to play on my amp.
Now I have a Focusrite Scarlett Solo and Amplitube 5.

But I have problems with the sound on my headphones.
It is cracking when I am just playing, but it gets worse when I open youtube on my internet browser or Ultimate-Guitar Offical Tabs....it is cracking all the time. :roll:

I have also tested the various buffer sisze but it only gets better for a short moment...then it gets the same or even worse again.

My latop I use as the follwing stats:

Asus Vivobook 16x
Windows 11
Intel Core 13th GEN i9-13900H
32gb RAM

Any ideas how a get this work?

It is quite annoying.

Best
Clyde
Clyde1188

Re: Cracking on my headphones - gets worse when I open a bro

Postby zoot99ikm » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:35 pm

I have just had a similar issue when i upgraded my Windows tablet from a lenova tablet with intel i5 and Win 10 to a surface pro 6 with intel i7 and Win 11.

as I only use them for music they both had the Stomp i/o selected as their audio output in windows as well as amplitube.

All seemed fine with the Surface Pro until I was playing along with Youtube backing tracks then after a few minutes the Amplitube sound seemed to break down and turn thin and distorted with drop outs.

While this was happening i noticed that Amplitube seemed to be struggling to respond to touch screen inputs, seemed ok when pressing the stomp pedals.

I am also getting a lot of hissing when the Surface pro is charging. need to figure out a way to filter this out
zoot99ikm

Re: Cracking on my headphones - gets worse when I open a bro

Postby zoot99ikm » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:20 pm

think I have solved my first problem, adjusted the power settings, went into the old control panel and set up a custom power setting which keeps the CPU running at a high speed. the issue seems to have gone.

the normal power setting in windows 11 doesn't seem to help

ordered a new power supply (USB one) so hopefully that fixes the terrible hissing
zoot99ikm

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling