New user--questions

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

New user--questions

Postby thidisbogus » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:46 am

Hi there. I have been mulling getting an Amplitube setup for years. I hope you all can help answer some questions I have prior to my purchase. With an acoustic you can pretty much sound like your favorite artist if they play an acoustic. However with electrics there is such a wide combination of amps, pedals amd mics that you sound nothing like your favorite artist unless you replicate their setup of the aforementioned accessories.

It is my understanding that Amplitube solves this. I have heard over the years that I can plug the telecaster that my wife bought me (been sitting up on its case for years) in that you can import a patch that replicates your favorite artists combination of pedals, mics and amps.

Is this true? If so can you please give me the quick rundown on what exactly I need to purchase from an amplitube standpoint?

Really appreciate any advice.

Best Regards,

Rodney
thidisbogus

Re: New user--questions

Postby Sharmon123@ » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:45 am

Not exactly but close. I like a Stairway to Heaven intro tone (Tone Net) that does a pretty good job of acoustic simulation.
Sharmon123@

Postby thidisbogus » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:41 am

So this whole time I have been mistaken? There is no combination or patch for a Billy Squier sound or a Love and Rockets sound etc??? Really????
thidisbogus

Postby Sharmon123@ » Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:05 am

You should watch a couple of Youtube vids on how this works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbToXeV6DgI

You make the chain , tweak it to how you want and then save it. There are no "patches"

I think he used a modded Marshall Super Lead 100 watt and his main was a Telecaster anyway , not hard to find a tone for that one. Getting the mod spec might be tough.
Sharmon123@

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling