Amp capture using Focusrite interface

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amp capture using Focusrite interface

Postby pintowgn » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:19 am

I’ve tried doing this using both the Focusrite 6i6 and 18i8 and run into the same issue with both. I set up my routing, step 1. Adjust input level step 2. At step 3 I no longer can hear the signal from my guitar, whether I click live sound or try to play one of the test sounds from the drop down, I get nothing. If I move to the capture screen and hit start no sounds play I just get a flat audio line as there’s nothing coming from the amp to be picked up by the mic. I have sound all the way up to step 2. The audition sound samples thing works fine if I’m in the home section of the program while auditioning amps. I’m at a complete loss on this one. Anyone have the same issue or ideas of some things to check?
pintowgn

Re: Amp capture using Focusrite interface

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:23 pm

Are you sending a proper signal to the amp for re-amping? Check out this diagram from the TONEX web pages:

IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby pintowgn » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:07 pm

I have sound from my amp all the way to this step. At this point I get no sound whether I choose "live sound" or the play button where it shows "shine". I can click the play button and nothing happens, but if I move the blend knob it will feedback.

This is my routing, I have verified that works everywhere else but step 3, including reamping in Cubase.
pintowgn

Postby pintowgn » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:10 pm

it shows the send from the h/p in that picture, but I also have sent it from Line 3 as well when I tried the 6i6 rather than the 18i8.
pintowgn

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:31 pm

Interesting. I think at this point the IK Support team would need to assist you via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sw so they can get this figured out directly.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby pintowgn » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:49 am

I figured it out as there's no info anywhere about issues other than levels issues with Focusrite interfaces.

In order to get it to work, you need to have whatever signal you're sending, h/p, line outs, etc, set to DAW 3 or whatever output your specific set up requires in the Scarlett mix control software.

In my case the send to rig output was the headphone 2 output. In MIx control I selected DAW 3 under the drop down menu and started getting the signal to my amp. After that I was able to set my levels and model my amp.
pintowgn

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling