Tell me about this ampgain issue with amplitube I hear about

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Tell me about this ampgain issue with amplitube I hear about

Postby Vegas101 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:00 pm

So did IK fix this issue I see a few videos online where people hit the input with a extrenal boost to get the amp models to react like the real amps ? and that for a long time this has been an issue. explain to me hot to get my amp 5 max with my axe i/o to sound as good as any amp modeling out there today. I dont want to sell this and get a new unit like kemper or fractual as I have invested in amp 4 5 and now 5max and think the key is the axe 1/o that I spent a fortune on as a guitar interface please elaborate for me so I can learn
Vegas101

Re: Tell me about this ampgain issue with amplitube I hear a

Postby jih64 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:56 am

Before you read/seen the info about the 'amp gain issue' were you happy with the sound you were getting from Amplitube 5?
jih64

Postby Vegas101 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:51 pm

I would say yes and no.
I just want the most out of it so if anyone knows I could apply the knowledge and make it even better.
Vegas101

Postby 6stringer » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:49 pm

Some of the amp models seem to sound "more like the real thing" if they have a bit more input gain. I think the best way to accomplish that is to do it in the preset itself. For example, I think the Fender Deluxe Reverb model sounds more like the real amp if I put a boost pedal before the amp and turn that pedal up about 10db. This is my opinion based on videos on YouTube of people playing a real Deluxe Reverb and trying to copy their settings.

If you try to increase the boost using your audio device, you'll need to change the input levels constantly as you change presets, which is why I add the boost in the preset.

But jih64 is right: use your ears. In my opinion, this gain thing being talked about on YouTube is missing the point. It would be convenient if I could copy the settings from a real amp to Amplitube and get the exact sound. But as long as I can get the sound I want from Amplitube, I don't really care if the treble knob is set exactly the way someone in a video had theirs. And since I don't actually own any of the real amps, I won't know the difference unless I analyze a bunch of YouTube videos. The entire thing seems like someone ran out of things to complain about and decided their next ax to grind would be that their amp modeller wan't 100% accurate to the real amp.
6stringer

Postby Vegas101 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:20 pm

agree on this as the knobs are really not the same as knobs on the amp. use your ears yes but even though I have good ears it would be nice to have say a serious way to follow for example I use the axe i/o set at hitting -3 at most sop no clipping and yes set the models input gain in AMP5 max as low or high as one wants. can i DISTORT THE SIGNAL if using the input gain on the AMP5 max higher where it shows red ? I dont hear digital distorsion when I do that so is that perfectly fine ? I make sure the axe i/o is always below clipping.
Vegas101

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling