Tonex Pedal - more dynamic range?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Tonex Pedal - more dynamic range?

Postby vonspets » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:54 pm

I have an AB763 type of tube amp, quite sensitive and dynamic, Fendery classic clean. It is a joy to play! My Tonex pedal is in the front as a preamp to provide with all kinds of classic amp sounds without IR. I run Master volume on the pedal at 7 and finetune each preset with Modelvolume. I use the Tonex at the same volume as my amp - matching the loudest transients. This takes a lot of referencing between clean amp and Tonex sounds. Sorry neighbourgs :D

While I can match the loudest volume settings, it is impossible to match the lowest and average sound levels because the Tonex compresses a lot. In my opinion, too much. It would be great to have the Tonex as a REAL preamp just shaping eq and giving distortion. Since the pedal is controlled by software, I wonder is it possible to extend the dynamic range. Perhaps already in capturing phase by feeding the machine modeling with more lower signal levels? Or tweaking some parameters? Or using the built in compressor as an expander?
vonspets

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling