AmpliTube Default Sample Rate

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube Default Sample Rate

Postby kelly_craven » Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:49 pm

How do we change the default samplerate AmpliTube stanalone starts in?

How was this samplerate picked in the first place?

AmpliTube brings up the device ASIO settings to allow changing these.

I can change the buffer size, but in my case AmpliTube seems hard coded to ???K Samplerate - two machines, one 44.1K and the other 96K. They aren't even the same?

I can't change this in the ASIO settings as it says I must close any apps using this sound device. OK, close AmpliTube (oopsie?), change the settings to 48K (both machines). Confirm it's 48K. Confirm the device is 48K by seeing the 48K LED lit up on one and the current samplerate in the device's mixer app on both. 48K in the Windows audio device settings, etc. Even reboot and check these settings again. All 48K, both machines.

Exclusive Mode (input and output) enabled or disabled seem to have no effect on this situation. I've switched them in both, and except for running another app while AmpliTube is running (or the other way around) and not being able to open the audio device the samplerate problem exists.

Run AmpliTube and it changes to 96K on one laptop and to 44.1K on the other. A third machine would never connect to the ASIO device, with no error. It just wouldn't connect to ASIO. WDM, etc, were "fine" with totally unusable latency of course....deactivated and uninstalled on that machine. In hindsight, it's likely that AmpliTube is attempting to open the device at a samplerate it doesn't support (That's older hardware and the ASIO implementation is limited, and it hard coded to 44.1/48 only). The other two machines are new and fully support ASIO, up to 192K.

Windows 10 (both)
ZOOM UAC-8 (machine 1 - 96K)
Focusrite 2i2 (machine 2 - 44.1K)

There are a lot of reasons to want to set a specific sample rate than whatever random default AmpliTube Standalone seems to what to use.
kelly_craven

Re: AmpliTube Default Sample Rate

Postby kelly_craven » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:14 pm

Unfortunately, the issues are deeper than just the sample rate.

AmpliTube Standalone is not remembering ANY settings on any machine.

I select a different input device channel, not channel 1 and channel 2, but channel 3 and channel 4 on the ZOOM UAC-8 and it works fine at that time. Close AmpliTube and reopen it and channel 1 and channel 2 are selected.

I have to open the setting and select the channels every time standalone is run.

Interestingly, if I plug the guitar into channel 1 and uses that, and AmpliTube defaults to this channel, it STILL doesn't work until I open the settings, deselect channel one (chose any other channel) and reselect channel 1. Then sound kicks back in.

THIS issue on more than not remembering the channel.
kelly_craven

Re: AmpliTube Default Sample Rate

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:27 pm

Sounds like you are having issues that are not the normal/expected behavior. It would be best to also report this to IK Support for direct and official support for your issue if you have not done so already.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling