AmpliTube 5 SE - Noob question

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 5 SE - Noob question

Postby Beasties » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:30 pm

Hi all

Okay, so I really feel like this should be obvious and I really should have figured it out myself, but here I am asking...

I got my iRig HD 2 today and started playing with Amplitube 5 SE (mac version), it seems fun although I have a lot to figure out yet.

But I can't see a way to save my virtual rig. I saw an article saying you go to the file menu and select "save as" and then select Presets. That seems simple enough, except that "Save as" is greyed out. I can select save, but that wants to save a project. (I was in record mode, I also tried it from live mode, same thing).

I haven't exactly done much, just added a pedal and tweaked some dials, but I'd expect to be able to save my setup somehow!

Thanks in advance.
Beasties

Re: AmpliTube 5 SE - Noob question

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:37 pm

The File menu Save item is for Projects. To save presets, you can click the icon that looks like a download/downward arrow next to the name of the preset in the upper left-hand corner area of the AmpliTube 5 interface.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: AmpliTube 5 SE - Noob question

Postby Beasties » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:47 pm

Hi

Thanks for that. I did open that window but when I saw all the song info I assumed it was trying to save the track rather than the preset. D'oh!
Beasties

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling