Updating Tonex eliminates "MY FOLDERS"

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Updating Tonex eliminates "MY FOLDERS"

Postby madmarcus1960 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:26 pm

Yes, I created a backup, but even after importing my backup, the folder are gone.

This is a poor oversight and counterproductive to creating a personal library of tones.

Please address it in your next FW update
madmarcus1960

Re: Updating Tonex eliminates "MY FOLDERS"

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:32 pm

Hi, user folders were introduced in TONEX 1.5 and there hasn't been an update since then which leaves me confused. If you did an uninstall and reinstall that might not be surprising to see any customizations removed under those circumstances.

Also, did you report your issue to IK Support? They can give you direct support while looking into your system and software more than users/moderators of this forum could (though it is great if anybody has any further suggestions in the mean time). Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling