Need help please-How to use virtual pedals in real amp

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Need help please-How to use virtual pedals in real amp

Postby weez999 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:11 pm

Hello. I am new to modeler software and absolutely love Amplitube! I bought the Total Max Studio and was wondering how I can take advantage of some of the pedals to use with my real life guitar amp on stage.

My Environment/Equipment:
Mac and/or Windows computer
iRig Stomp I/O
Existing pedalboard with my physical pedals
5150 Amplifier with effects loop capability
Re-amp box (someone told me to get this but I don't see how this accomplishes what I want)
Amplitube 5
Tonex software

There are some fantastic pedals in Amplitube that I expose myself to so I can decide if I like them enough to purchase a physical pedal. I prefer to go through amplitube and my actual amp and pedalboard as well. How can I take advantage of the stomp i/o and engage pedals in the software while also making use of my pedalboard and hear it come out live from my amplifier and also not use any sim amp from within the software. I want the real deal and only to use the pedals.

I have searched the web but can't find out how to do this and the manual doesn't quite make sense to me for what I'm trying to accomplish. All I find is how to capture my amp sound and put it into amplitube of which I have no interest.

My intent is to do something like this:
Guitar --> iRig Stomp I/O --> Amplitube --> Front of physical amp or in FX loop --> End Result is live sound on stage where I can use amplitube pedals and my physical pedals together.

Thank you in advance for anyone who can help me with this or point me to some websites that clarify how it's done. Knowing my luck, it's probably so stupid simple but I'd rather look like a fool than to never know how.
weez999

SOLVED

Postby weez999 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:22 pm

Yes, it's as easy as I thought it might be. I just needed to walk away and reset my brain.

Here is what I have setup.

Physical Connection
-Guitar connected to Stomp I/O input.
-Because I am using one amp, I am coming out of the Left output signal on the Stomp I/O and went straight into the front of my amp.

In the Software:
-In Amplitube, in the upper right, click the 3 line menu to display the settings.
-For input and Output, be sure the Stomp I/O is selected for both.
-For the Left and Right channel of output, choose the one you will be using. In my case, I chose Front Left for both the Left and Right Channel Outputs in the drop down.
-For buffer size, choose whatever setting works best for your environment. I kept the default 512 since it seems to work fine in this setup.
-For MIDI Input, I left this as is with iRig Stomp IO Control since I will not be configuring it.

In the signal chain:
-Click Live Mode
-I added the pedals I wanted to use and placed them at the beginning of the chain just after the DI. If you place the pedals anywhere else, they will not display in Live mode and you won't be able to use them. Not sure why this is the case but I'll figure it out later.
-I then right clicked to bypass the amp and cab.
-Hold down stomp buttons 3 and 4 on the Stomp I/O board to put in stomp mode which will then change Amplitube to be used as a pedalboard.
NOTE: You MUST put all the pedals you wish to use at the very beginning of the chain just after DI Pre/Post. You do not need to activate DI.

At this point you can then just click on each stomp button number corresponding to the pedal you wish to use.

This is how I threw it together and will play around with it more to see if there is a more optimal way. For now, I hope this helps anyone else who may be looking to do the same thing.

ROCK ON!!!
weez999

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling