Tonex 'Authorization missing'

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Tonex 'Authorization missing'

Postby billybobclinton » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:01 am

Still getting the "Authorization missing" message when opening Tonex, standalone or plug-in, unless I'm logged into Product Manager! Tried everything..

Anyone else, any answer to this? It's been a long time and still this problem. The software is unusable for me like this. If no response or actual fix, will have to sell, and I've read that's not easy either.. no more hours and days will be spent trying to get this to work. I have hundreds of plug-ins and other guitar software, none of them need their product mangers logged in to function!

Tony,

Tonex Max/Pedal/Amplitube 5
Win 11
Pro Tools
blah blah
billybobclinton

Re: Tonex 'Authorization missing'

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:03 pm

Have you reported this to IK Support? They'll be able to assist you and get your issue fixed.

It shouldn't happen as I am using a similar setup to you (but Pro Tools is not installed on this current machine, I tested standalone TONEX) and I do not experience this issue.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby billybobclinton » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:42 pm

Will do this right now, hopefully get a solution.

Thanks,
Tony
billybobclinton

Postby Sharmon123@ » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:03 pm

Did you register the code they sent you with the Tonex purchase ? I had SE and upped it to max and once the registration was done the Tonex SE changed to Tonex Max in the product manager and it worked fine after that.
Sharmon123@

Postby billybobclinton » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:37 pm

Sharmon123@ wrote:Did you register the code they sent you with the Tonex purchase ? I had SE and upped it to max and once the registration was done the Tonex SE changed to Tonex Max in the product manager and it worked fine after that.

Idk, I got the software with the purchase of the Tonex pedal, not sure if there was a separate authorization for that.. I'll have to double check. If that's the case (which would be good)
You'd think they would mention that in their response to me.

Thanks,
Tony
billybobclinton

Postby Sharmon123@ » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:42 pm

Definitely this requires you to register the software in the Product Manager (most all software needs to have this step done before it will work). There is a red "Register" button which will pull up where you put the number in. Copy it to your clipboard and place the cursor in the first box and paste there. If there are more than one box on the line, it will properly populate the other boxes too. EG Tonex Max will show a three segment box. After this reopen Tonex and then restore purchases and you should be good to go.Make sure that Tonenet is connected on the top right of your Tonex window before hitting restore purchases.
Sharmon123@

Postby billybobclinton » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:11 pm

Sharmon123@ wrote:Definitely this requires you to register the software in the Product Manager (most all software needs to have this step done before it will work). There is a red "Register" button which will pull up where you put the number in. Copy it to your clipboard and place the cursor in the first box and paste there. If there are more than one box on the line, it will properly populate the other boxes too. EG Tonex Max will show a three segment box. After this reopen Tonex and then restore purchases and you should be good to go.Make sure that Tonenet is connected on the top right of your Tonex window before hitting restore purchases.

Well, thanks for the ideas, Tonex Max and the pedal are fully registered and all that.. not sure if you get what I'm saying about the "product manager" needing to be logged in in order for the Tonex software to work. If I log out of PM, it will not work, say "authorization needed'.. I got a response from support, they said I have to be logged into PM in order for Tonex to work. If yours is working without being logged in to PM I'd like to know how, because I shouldn't have to be logged in to anything for it to work! No other audio software I use has to be logged in to work, this is not a subscription.. weird thing is, I also have their "Hammond B-3X" software, and PM does not need to be logged in in order for that to work, what's up with that?

Thanks for helping man.

Tony
billybobclinton

Postby Sharmon123@ » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:18 pm

Have you tried , unauthorize and then re-authorize after. I went through the same IK licensing hell as you are and I really hope it works out. I only log into IKPM when I check if updates are available or to register now stuff.
Sharmon123@

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling