TONEX 1.5 has been released

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: TONEX 1.5 has been released

Postby d10221 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:01 pm

FedericoTM wrote:Also the feature I need most is the ability to change presets on the pedal using the software, lets see how long we have to wait for that.

Please!

With Librarian I would like to re order the presets not just swap or replace.
Like pushing a preset 3 or more positions up or down.

BTW: the drag and drop 'swap' action replaced the target instead of swamping it.
It did it a couple of times , hopefully its a rare bug, and it doesn't do it again
d10221

Postby axis39 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:15 am

I finally got into the studio to check. I am good to go as well.

Thanks to the IK Team for a quick and capable response on this one.
axis39

Postby GreenSteam666 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:30 am

How can I delete a forum post?
That's quite a big update, thanks for the '.1' - that seems to have fixed the things I was troubled by!
I have a question though- what is the best/easiest way to use TONEX on two machines- and have access to to my tone models and custom IR list without having to copy the .db file. Is there a way to point TONEX at a folder in Onedrive so both machines see the same thing? Have I missed something?
GreenSteam666

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:49 pm

GreenSteam666 wrote:How can I delete a forum post?
That's quite a big update, thanks for the '.1' - that seems to have fixed the things I was troubled by!
I have a question though- what is the best/easiest way to use TONEX on two machines- and have access to to my tone models and custom IR list without having to copy the .db file. Is there a way to point TONEX at a folder in Onedrive so both machines see the same thing? Have I missed something?

You can send a PM to a moderator for deleting a post.

The Library.db file is the important file but I wouldn't recommend storing it in the cloud for direct access like mentioned with OneDrive but you could "sync" them occasionally/regularly oin each machine. IK Support may have better and/or more advice, though.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:50 pm

AmpliTube TONEX V1.5.1 (for Mac/PC) has been released

Changes from version 1.5.0:
  • Improved resizable Custom IR window with new search & sort options
  • New larger windows for saving Presets, editing Tone Models, or viewing their details
  • Fixed resize behaviour when dragging from the corner
  • Fixed local Collections tree now updating correctly
  • Improved drag/drop function to allow use with custom folders
  • Improved Info Window details for Tone Models on ToneNET
  • Improved Cabinet Type automation
  • Added “Date Added” information to Tone Model info window
  • Added sharing information to info page for Tone Models on ToneNET
  • Fixed potential for User icons to appear incorrectly in Tone Model list
  • Fixed a potential crash selecting B9000 from the VIR list
  • Fixed missing dot on selected VIR value menu for some cabs (e.g. B9000)
  • Updated user manual
  • General reliability improvements
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby hleemhuis@gmx.de » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:28 am

Release 1.5.1 - First look

Errors:
- I could only choose the Cab from the Original Tone-Model, not the Cabs from other Tone Models
(reduced functionality)
- Many shown User Icons in the model List are different to the model creators (error)
- The edit / copy option in the Tone model window is not available (reduced functionality)

Heino
hleemhuis@gmx.de

Postby Greggo704 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:27 pm

Is anyone else as happy as me that, finally in an IK program , its now double click to reset parameter instead of Ctrl + Click? I really hope this feature comes to AT5 as well :)
Greggo704

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:38 pm

hleemhuis@gmx.de wrote:Release 1.5.1 - First look

Errors:
- I could only choose the Cab from the Original Tone-Model, not the Cabs from other Tone Models
(reduced functionality)
- Many shown User Icons in the model List are different to the model creators (error)
- The edit / copy option in the Tone model window is not available (reduced functionality)

Heino

1. They are all available. You simply drag the Tone Model from the list in the bottom pane to the Cab icon.

2. Please report this to IK Support as it sounds almost like an exact issue that 1.5.1 fixed. You may need to resync your library.

3. No functionality was removed from what I'm seeing, please consult the updated manual or IK Support if you are having issues editing your Tone Models.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby GreenSteam666 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:26 am

I see the 'drag the tone model from the bottom window (quite different from before, couldn't figure that out) to access the cab models, but when I drop it in the little window, the name changes...
For example -
cab based on Peavey 5150- when I drag and drop that the name becomes 'Unusually Cle...' (because the window is too small to show the name- this also affects the custom IR, can't see at a glance)
Is there no way to browse the included cabs as before?

Is there a way to manage the custom IRs into folders? It's great to be able to drop multiples in there, but the list quickly gets out of hand.
GreenSteam666

Postby Sharmon123@ » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:52 pm

Will IK ever be giving a discount on the Tonex pedal for those that have the most current Amplitube and Tonex Max ? I don't like using software tied to a specific device and I am sure there are others too.
Sharmon123@

Postby arcarsenal72 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:50 pm

One question on a seemingly lost functionality:
It used to be that when previewing tone models on ToneNet from the Partners Collections, you could actually download the "non-greyed out" ones. The "non-greyed out" ones still display, but the download button is gone --- how does one do this in the 1.5 update?

arcarsenal72

Postby bontempi2 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:02 pm

Glad to see an update but i must say i still really dislike the UI.

It just feels overwhelming, confusing, cluttered... There's the stock presets on the left, there's Tonenet on the upper right, with presets you can like but not add to favorites, you need to download it first, and now there's Collections to add another layer of complexity.
The filter tab can't be hidden with a single click, you have to slide a very thin bar. You have to scroll down with a mouse to see all filters...

ToneX is one of the top 3 best sounding guitar amp sim, but the UI is just terrible, sorry. Some might say who cares, i do, i just want to play guitar and get inspired.
bontempi2

Postby random.usr » Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:17 pm

I wrote, in v1.50 the window content is not resized properly and cut off when in windows 10 a high scaling factor is set. In v1.26 this wasn't a problem. I cant' use v1.50/1.51.

[mod note: Please read the rules (again) and please report your issue to IK Support as well, this is not a technical support forum]
random.usr

Postby random.usr » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:08 pm

random.usr wrote:I wrote, in v1.50 the window content is not resized properly and cut off when in windows 10 a high scaling factor is set. In v1.26 this wasn't a problem. I cant' use v1.50/1.51.

[mod note: Please read the rules (again) and please report your issue to IK Support as well, this is not a technical support forum]

Thanks, it was meant to be a kind of bug report. I already got an answer from the technical support before I posted here. I was asked for a video. That's why I posted my problem regarding scaling here as well. I'll write an answer to the support.
random.usr

Postby Mikarock » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:37 pm

I have the same problem, the window content is not resized correctly and cut off when in Windows 10. I opened a ticket. When the solution is found, I will post here to help.
Mikarock

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling