TONEX 1.5 has been released

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: TONEX 1.5 has been released

Postby DesmondP » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:21 pm

Great! Will they fix error 1008 now?
DesmondP

Postby vac713 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:56 am

worked for me
vac713

Postby biggtime » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:54 am

axis39 wrote:Should I also put in a trouble ticket... I cannot see the new amps/presets in ToneX.

Heck, I can't even find them on ToneNet.

The same for me, I think. Is there a list anywhere of what the 15 new models are to double-check? I haven't been able to find a list.
biggtime

Postby KoMa1984 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:56 am

This update is awesome, thanks for consierding the feedback you get from your users. Makes the app MUCH more usable.
Is there a list which 15 amps have been added?
KoMa1984

Postby synchu » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:48 pm

It seems that we are no longer able to download the Free Tone Models from the Partner Collections. That's a big why??? in my book (besides the inability to effectively navigate Custom IRs :) )
synchu

Postby tonextommy » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:36 pm

#1. TONet tone downloads have completely stopped working, even just for a preview. (Error #1008.)

#2. Hundreds of amps and IRs are no longer available from the drop-down menus at the top of the Player (now, for some reason, labeled "Home"). You just killed a major part of the value we thought we were buying when we bought this pedal.

#3. Using the TONEX plugin for Garage Band has never worked for me, giving the "not authorized" error. I opened a ticket for this on DECEMBER 3, 2023, and still no solution. You've asked me several times to "Please stand by."

What does work very well is the "Collections" tab. It seems the additions aimed at selling me more tones come at the same time you remove hundreds of amps and IRs, and the ability to download from TONet -- with a forced upgrade.

Is there any way I can go back to the previous version?
tonextommy

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:06 pm

Error 1008 was resolved. There was a short server outage/issue that was rectified.

Any other issues please report to IK Support or continue working with your current ticket and the team will assist you to your satisfaction. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby wieselum » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:27 pm

Hi all,
Error 1008 wasn't resolved,at least not for me, and I can't create my own folders either
[mod redacted - unnecessary and review the rules before posting]
wieselum

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:32 pm

wieselum wrote:Hi all,
Error 1008 wasn't resolved,at least not for me, and I can't create my own folders either

These both work for others and have been tested. Please open a support ticket.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby synchu » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:44 pm

I can confirm that Error 1008 is no longer an issue here.
Tone.net works fine.

If you select a collection then you've been able to download the free sample right of that screen. Now that is not possible - I found meanwhile that you can search the Tone.net (standard list) and Download it there, but it is just plain inconvenient.
synchu

Postby DesmondP » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:38 pm

They fixed error 1008.

Awesome! Thanks Jason, Peter, and/or anyone else who addressed this!

Works great.
DesmondP

Postby FedericoTM » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:43 am

synchu wrote:It seems that we are no longer able to download the Free Tone Models from the Partner Collections. That's a big why??? in my book (besides the inability to effectively navigate Custom IRs :) )

I had the same problem, but I found a workaround. Search for the partner name in the tone.net tab, those same free samples from the collections can be downloaded there.
FedericoTM

Postby der_Joerg » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:12 am

Update dies not work at my system. Hanging at 0% download stream breaks within a second every try… any ideas?? Server down? Wrote a support ticket but got no reaction…
PC Win10 i5
Thanks Jörg
der_Joerg

Postby synchu » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:27 am

FedericoTM wrote:
synchu wrote:It seems that we are no longer able to download the Free Tone Models from the Partner Collections. That's a big why??? in my book (besides the inability to effectively navigate Custom IRs :) )

I had the same problem, but I found a workaround. Search for the partner name in the tone.net tab, those same free samples from the collections can be downloaded there.

Thanks.
Found the same as I posted above, still inconvenient though.
Nice features have been released with this update. Just needs some ironing out here and there (and browser for the Custom IRs and Dates back in the lists) :)
synchu

Postby FedericoTM » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:17 pm

I think the same, I am happy overall with the update, I like folders and having the option to hide the huge amp picture. But the rollout kinks are puzziling, and I can't understand the odds choices like the change in the ir managing and the removal of the date added column.

Also the feature I need most is the ability to change presets on the pedal using the software
FedericoTM

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling